7.7

1. Nov 9, 2014
    Rogue Legacy was a surprise for me, I saw all the critics but found the price tag a little bit too much for an Indie game. Anyways, I gave it a try and it is one of these games that I want to play just one more life, and I actually play 5 to 10 more rounds.
    Pros
    -Leveling system is well done and addictive
    - Random Generated castle makes the experience unique every time.
    - The castle
    is huge and with a ton of secret
    - Bosses are challenging(at first)
    - Perfect game on the go
    Cons
    - The first few rounds are so hard
    - I wish I could skip the easy part later on...
    - Some of the traits are just ridiculous
  2. Oct 3, 2014
    Perfect game. Runs perfectly on the Vita and the gameplay of doing a 10 minute run works great for on the go. Cross save is transparent without manually uploading it. Controls are nailed. Best Vita game ever.
  3. Sep 3, 2014
    Oh man where do I begin? Well let's start with the overall praise this game has garnered, and it's completely unwarranted! I'm having a confused time understanding why this game is being praised by so many simply based on its difficulty? Is this game hard? Yes. Is it fun to play? NO NO NO NO NO NO!
    I've never understood why people enjoy voluntary frustration and unnecessary difficulty.
    There is such a diminished sense of progress. I keep playing the same crap over and over and over and over and over and over again. And it all looks so generic. At least in Ghost & Goblins or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night the enemies looked and were more originally inspired!. Rogue Legacy poorly attempts to capture the feel of those games but just comes off as a cheap phony!!! The whole "descendants with varying traits" is nothing more than a gimmick and yet another unnecessary frustration. This is just a downright copycat game and a poor one at that with the only distinguishing traits being its unfair/cheap difficulty and a useless gimmick. Easily one of the most OVERRATED GAMES OF ALL TIME!!!!! Expand
  4. Aug 1, 2014
    I've died more times in the past hour than my entire play through of Dark Souls 2. Brutal, sinister, and flat out unpredictable, Rogue Legacy sounds like it should be un-fun. But the more I yell "THAT'S BULL****" the more I find myself charming up to its unfair mechanics and homages (one of my "heirs" is/was "Lady Shanoa"). The pick up and play style is a perfect fit for the Vita, and the ever present just-one-more-run syndrome will kick in over and over again while you die, laugh, swear, and forgive. Borrowing the procedurally generated structure of roguelikes, while taking the Metroidvania formula and running with it, it is near perfect. Worth every penny. The inclusion of cross-buy and cross-save are just icing on the cake. Expand

1. Sep 30, 2014
    With great gameplay, challenging enemy encounters, and well put together RPG elements you should grab this game.
  2. Sep 6, 2014
    That Rogue Legacy got a lousy port is particularly damning, because the game is otherwise perfectly suited to the handheld, with an average round lasting no more than ten minutes but with depth encouraging much longer sessions if possible.
  3. Aug 22, 2014
    There's hardly something wrong in the Playstation consoles version of Rogue Legacy: this is still the same, excellent roguelite rpg seen last year on PC. But now you get to play it at 60 fps and on the go, thanks to the cross buy option.