rymdkapsel PlayStation Vita

7.8

1. May 12, 2013
    What a very, very pleasant surprise! Having not found any reviews on this one, I knew that going in blind was a bit of a risk, but with Rymdkapsel's gorgeous minimalist visuals and RTS core, I just couldn't help but take a punt on it. And you know what, I'm so glad that I did.

Thankfully Rymdkapsel is so much more than just a pretty face. Those willing to exercise a little patience and explore the nuances of this wonderfully leftfield RTS/Management Sim will discover a wholly compelling personality, that's positively brimming with depth, substance, style and polish.

It should be noted however, that those looking for a typical mobile-centric 'get in, get off, get out' experience will likely find Rymdkapsel a frustrating affair. Indeed, taking a good ten or fifteen minutes to get going, this is very much a slow burner. But once it stretches it's legs and you start to sync into Rymdkapsel's unique groove, there's bucket loads of fun to be had for any discerning RTS junky.

Highly recommended for RTS and Management Sim fans. Everyone else should at least pause for thought and give Rymdkapsel careful consideration. For those who don't, will be missing out on something that's pretty rare these days...a genuinely original, one-off.
  2. Jul 23, 2013
    FYI Rymdkapsel means ``Space Capsule´´ In Swedish. Words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words.

1. Games Master UK
    Jun 26, 2013
    Beautifully designed. [Aug 2013, p.69]
  2. Jun 4, 2013
    Rymdkapsel fizzles out with no fanfare. Players must provide their own motivation to best wave counts, and work on new strategies with payoffs or drawbacks that can’t be known until another hour of playtime passes. Rymdkapsel is a creative concept, but needs far more building out and polish to become a great game.
    If you have the $5 to spend and want a minimalist RTS that does have its good moments, you should buy it. Just be prepared to watch some very slow pong paddles walk around when you wish they would go much faster.