• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 23, 2012
7.4

1. Nov 14, 2012
    Smart As is a nice looking and fun brain training game... I keep up on my daily training every day and enjoy comparing my score to my PSN friends. It's also fun to send and receive 'near' challenges and check who what and where is smarter in the world. I've been playing it since it came out and i intend to go on playing it!
  2. Jan 17, 2013
    This is a well polished brain training game that has some great fun games but also a few that aren't as good because you use Vita features unnessesarily. Too many of the games are you racing with touch controls instead of thinking of the answer. The times you need to 3 star games are tough and you will likely fail because you were wrestingly with a Vita gimmick instead of using yourThis is a well polished brain training game that has some great fun games but also a few that aren't as good because you use Vita features unnessesarily. Too many of the games are you racing with touch controls instead of thinking of the answer. The times you need to 3 star games are tough and you will likely fail because you were wrestingly with a Vita gimmick instead of using your brain faster. It keeps you going by limiting the games you have access to by only unlocking one per day. Still playing it and having fun but I wish I could not have to play 4 or 5 games. Expand
  3. Nov 12, 2012
    One of the most boring gaming experiences that I had in a while. Dont take me wrong. The game is done nicely. Very nice visual, presentation, no bugs etc. But can it be called a game?You have a few minigames that are like homework from elementary school. Sort letter alphabetically, count few easy equations (4+2, 9-7 etc), fill the missing letter into words and some very easy minigamesOne of the most boring gaming experiences that I had in a while. Dont take me wrong. The game is done nicely. Very nice visual, presentation, no bugs etc. But can it be called a game?You have a few minigames that are like homework from elementary school. Sort letter alphabetically, count few easy equations (4+2, 9-7 etc), fill the missing letter into words and some very easy minigames (shells minigame etc). The game does not determine how smart you are (if you are over 6 years old you will know the solution for each problem immediately). But how quickly you can enter them into Vita. I really did not have fun and can not recoment this. If you are looking for good logic teaser game like Professor Layoton, this is not the one. Expand
  4. Nov 17, 2012
    its a great game for real gamers not COD gamers nuff said ............................................................................................
  5. Mar 3, 2014
    Basically a collection of mini-games designed to test your knowledge and how fast you can complete the mini-tests. The mini-games make great use of almost all of the Vita's features, and the focus on comparing your intellect against those of your friends, as well as strangers through the use of "near" challenges, make great use of the online capabilities. The best part is that this is aBasically a collection of mini-games designed to test your knowledge and how fast you can complete the mini-tests. The mini-games make great use of almost all of the Vita's features, and the focus on comparing your intellect against those of your friends, as well as strangers through the use of "near" challenges, make great use of the online capabilities. The best part is that this is a game that has the ability to please both hardcore and casual gamers. Whether you come back daily to complete the daily training and compete with other's scores, or just pick it up from time to time for some fun on the go, this game is a lot of fun.

I do not think that all of the mini-games necessarily test your intelligence as much as they do your reflexes, but overall this is one of those rare games that manages to teach you something while remaining fun. Overall I find this to be a well-rounded and very fun game. Not all of the mini-games are built with portability in mind, some require the use of AR cards, but overall this is a fun game to have with you on the go that makes great use of all of the Vita's unique features. This is one interactive learning experience that I recommend to any Vita owner looking for something different.
  6. Apr 1, 2013
    This is a good game when you have a few extra minutes that you couldn't otherwise fit into most other games, plus it;s fun to get your brain working. John Cleese's voice over is entertaining as I much prefer him to Stephen Fry's work on Little Big Planet Vita.
  7. Jun 7, 2014
    Very cool package of fun mini-games that will challenge your brain and keep it active on a daily basis. PS Vita is a great platform for this type of btw-title that you usually play just for couple of minutes every once in a while. Some forced Vita functions like the use of AR cards in some mini-games might be annoying and after spending good amount of hours with this most mini-games becomeVery cool package of fun mini-games that will challenge your brain and keep it active on a daily basis. PS Vita is a great platform for this type of btw-title that you usually play just for couple of minutes every once in a while. Some forced Vita functions like the use of AR cards in some mini-games might be annoying and after spending good amount of hours with this most mini-games become quite repetitive, but city challenges will still give this some longevity and it has been a very nice change to play something different like this. 7/10 Expand
  8. Feb 18, 2014
    This game will have you playing the same hand full of tedious mini games over and over again, not allowing you to progress further and unlock more games until a 24 hour period has passed. The host announcer character comes off as snarky and has a wide variety of back-handed complements intended to put you down. Overall this game provides a bad user experience and I would not recommend itThis game will have you playing the same hand full of tedious mini games over and over again, not allowing you to progress further and unlock more games until a 24 hour period has passed. The host announcer character comes off as snarky and has a wide variety of back-handed complements intended to put you down. Overall this game provides a bad user experience and I would not recommend it to anyone. Expand
  9. Mar 19, 2014
    The game has been very effective in tuning up my brain. Its various exercises have helped my brain and never gotten me board, and wanting to climb the leader board. But there was two bugs that completly make your scores not acreate. One is path finder where if you drag to fast it says the path is wrong. Which hurts your time. Then in missing letter you are required to write every letterThe game has been very effective in tuning up my brain. Its various exercises have helped my brain and never gotten me board, and wanting to climb the leader board. But there was two bugs that completly make your scores not acreate. One is path finder where if you drag to fast it says the path is wrong. Which hurts your time. Then in missing letter you are required to write every letter out. Every time i have to write a "D" it thinks its an "O" regardless if i write it capital or lower case. So i have to wait for timer to run out. Which ruins my daily score. They need to patch this game. I find it fruterating when fighting for the top of the scoreboard. Expand
  10. Jun 4, 2014
    Fun brain-training game package with online elements letting you compete amongst friends.

Unfortunately it seems the developers were asked to make use of as many of the PSVita features as possible (touchscreens, accelerometers, camera, etc) which detracts from the game at times. For example, often you're asked to enter letters or numbers, and instead of an on-screen keyboard, you have to write them out via a "blackboard" and the touchscreen, which is slow and error-prone. Frustrating when trying to beat a score/time.

This doesn't affect all of the games, but enough to put a dent in your enjoyment as often you're wrestling with the interface instead of the actual task.

There's 16 different games/puzzles in 4 categories, each with 4 difficulty levels (haven't unlocked them all yet) as well as online challenges to keep you occupied for a while, but not sure I'd pay full-price for it.
  11. Sep 15, 2014
    Of course there are some flaws on this game as nothing is perfect but I think not only is a very original game as it can entertain a great number of people because it doesn't belong to a genre that could turn some people off, like FPS, horror, hack'n'slash, etc. The exercises help you improve on áreas you may struggle in real life and in a fun way. I really hope they release a Smart As 2Of course there are some flaws on this game as nothing is perfect but I think not only is a very original game as it can entertain a great number of people because it doesn't belong to a genre that could turn some people off, like FPS, horror, hack'n'slash, etc. The exercises help you improve on áreas you may struggle in real life and in a fun way. I really hope they release a Smart As 2 or other games within the same concept. More than a game it is a very creative way of having fun and practice to improve on areas you are constantly affecting your real life. Expand

1. It contains everything you'd expect of a middle-of-the-road puzzle game, and it's executed competently. But the creators of this game suffered from a paucity of ambition. There is a tsunami of innovation crashing through the worlds of online and interactive learning, Rocksmith being but one example. [January 2013, p74]
  2. Jan 21, 2013
    Smart As is a fun way to train your brain, but also to stay connected with your friends – with some more guidance, more offline-features and some background information this game would be a must have.
  3. We would be surprised if you told us you've never heard of Brain Training on the Nintendo DS. Just like Brain Training, Smart As challenges the mind with clever puzzles and – judging by the title – puns. You could say it makes you more PUNctual. Muhahahahahahaha. [December 2012, p.92]