Smart as... PlayStation Vita

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 23, 2012
7.4

1. Mar 3, 2014
    Basically a collection of mini-games designed to test your knowledge and how fast you can complete the mini-tests. The mini-games make great use of almost all of the Vita's features, and the focus on comparing your intellect against those of your friends, as well as strangers through the use of "near" challenges, make great use of the online capabilities. The best part is that this is aBasically a collection of mini-games designed to test your knowledge and how fast you can complete the mini-tests. The mini-games make great use of almost all of the Vita's features, and the focus on comparing your intellect against those of your friends, as well as strangers through the use of "near" challenges, make great use of the online capabilities. The best part is that this is a game that has the ability to please both hardcore and casual gamers. Whether you come back daily to complete the daily training and compete with other's scores, or just pick it up from time to time for some fun on the go, this game is a lot of fun.

I do not think that all of the mini-games necessarily test your intelligence as much as they do your reflexes, but overall this is one of those rare games that manages to teach you something while remaining fun. Overall I find this to be a well-rounded and very fun game. Not all of the mini-games are built with portability in mind, some require the use of AR cards, but overall this is a fun game to have with you on the go that makes great use of all of the Vita's unique features. This is one interactive learning experience that I recommend to any Vita owner looking for something different.
  2. Nov 17, 2012
    its a great game for real gamers not COD gamers nuff said ............................................................................................
  3. Nov 14, 2012
    Smart As is a nice looking and fun brain training game... I keep up on my daily training every day and enjoy comparing my score to my PSN friends. It's also fun to send and receive 'near' challenges and check who what and where is smarter in the world. I've been playing it since it came out and i intend to go on playing it!
  4. Apr 1, 2013
    This is a good game when you have a few extra minutes that you couldn't otherwise fit into most other games, plus it;s fun to get your brain working. John Cleese's voice over is entertaining as I much prefer him to Stephen Fry's work on Little Big Planet Vita.
  5. Sep 15, 2014
    Of course there are some flaws on this game as nothing is perfect but I think not only is a very original game as it can entertain a great number of people because it doesn't belong to a genre that could turn some people off, like FPS, horror, hack'n'slash, etc. The exercises help you improve on áreas you may struggle in real life and in a fun way. I really hope they release a Smart As 2Of course there are some flaws on this game as nothing is perfect but I think not only is a very original game as it can entertain a great number of people because it doesn't belong to a genre that could turn some people off, like FPS, horror, hack'n'slash, etc. The exercises help you improve on áreas you may struggle in real life and in a fun way. I really hope they release a Smart As 2 or other games within the same concept. More than a game it is a very creative way of having fun and practice to improve on areas you are constantly affecting your real life. Expand

1. It contains everything you'd expect of a middle-of-the-road puzzle game, and it's executed competently. But the creators of this game suffered from a paucity of ambition. There is a tsunami of innovation crashing through the worlds of online and interactive learning, Rocksmith being but one example. [January 2013, p74]
  2. Jan 21, 2013
    Smart As is a fun way to train your brain, but also to stay connected with your friends – with some more guidance, more offline-features and some background information this game would be a must have.
  3. We would be surprised if you told us you've never heard of Brain Training on the Nintendo DS. Just like Brain Training, Smart As challenges the mind with clever puzzles and – judging by the title – puns. You could say it makes you more PUNctual. Muhahahahahahaha. [December 2012, p.92]