7.6

1. Jul 11, 2014
    An extremely fun kart racing game. It has some of the best tracks I've ever seen in a racing game - they are a lot of fun, change each lap, and include riding on water and flying.

My only complaint is that the AI can be very cheap. The hardest difficulty is absurd (pretty much impossible for me). If you think Mario Kart AI cheats, wait til you play this.
  2. Mar 2, 2014
    SEGA's answer to the "Mario Kart" series proves to be a lot of fun. It doesn't really do anything out of the ordinary for the kart racing genre, but whether you are racing on the ground, in the air, or in the water, you're sure to be having a fun time. With a lot of content and plenty of Sega history, this is worth a look if you want to take a fun kart racer on the go. The maps are fluid, the characters are balanced, the controls are tight, and the weapons are fun. The only area this Vita version suffers is with it's online multiplayer. You can always find a race, but I never found anyone playing the arena mode online. Overall though this is a small issue in what is otherwise an excellent portable kart racer. If you're a hardcore Sega fan, or just love a good kart racer, then this is a great game that I highly recommend. Expand
  3. Jan 14, 2014
    Not really overwhelmed with this game. Looks like a Mario Kart knock-off, but than with Sega characters. Notable, I haven't played much Sega games so can't really relate to the majority of the characters, I guess it must have a different feel if you feel related to them, but I don't. Looks colorful (which I like). Luck plays however an important part. I only played singleplayer and one race you can win buy just racing and the next you do the same thing but you get blasted by every pursuer in the row which gets you from position 1 to 8 fairly quickly, not so fond of that type of gameplay. So overall a very meh experience for me. Expand
  4. Oct 21, 2013
    The second time I played this game the first one is Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart on the PS2 so this game surprised me with the mixed charcter of great games and the thing that i was amazed is it can transform from car to a plane or form car to a boat vice versa so a lots of weapons too... can help you a lot and amazing mods. That is all i can say thank you.
  5. Jul 3, 2013
    Definitely a must have for any racing and kart racing fans on vita!
    A hard decision for me to buy this game but man after few hours with it I can tell you it's one of the most valued Vita title!
    Great graphics,runs smoothly,fun and addictive gameplay,great soundtrack lengthy career mode and best of all the ability to play this brilliant colorful game everywhere with you is a big
    advantage over console version!
    Every character is a joy to play with and not one that felt too superior or inferior to each other.
    With all the different versions of this game but to think that the graphics wasn't far off from its console counterparts really gave makes this game another hidden underrated gem in the PS Vita lineup!
  6. Apr 27, 2013
    A good Mario Kart-like racing title from publisher Sega which has a lot of well-known and some lesser-known Sega characters (e.g. Vyse from Skies of Arcadia) to choose from as racers. The only thing that bugs me about the game is that Ryo Hazuki is nowhere to be seen and we instead get Danica Patrick. Oh, and how the announcer feels the need to announce everything on the main menu. I also wish there were a couple more tracks to choose from. Expand
  7. Feb 26, 2013
    As someone who owns both Vita and 3DS versions of Sonic Racing Transformed, I can tell you that the Vita edition is the superior of the two. However if you're torn between them, it's probably worth noting that the Vita edges performance (frame rate etc) and graphics (effects, lighting etc), while playing Sonic on the Nintendo handheld obviously boasts some lovely stereoscopic 3D (which in turn aids distances and cornering). In terms of content, audio and controls, they're pretty much on par. It's far from a one-sided contest, but the Vita edition definitely gets the nod for me. I'd rate Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed at 8 out of 10 for Vita, while it's a 7 out of 10 for 3DS. While not perfect, both editions offer up bucket loads of fun arcade racing. Recommended. Expand
  8. Feb 2, 2013
    Driving system is a bit too much on rails or like daytona, wich i dont love so much, but the overall cute colored graphics and well balanced weapons makes this game on vita a good alternative to ModNation Racer. I cant understand why Ign compare this to Wipeout. Theres no clue in that line.

This game can be compared to mario kart or mod nation racer only, speaking for portables.
    And
    in this match this game is a good challenger. Expand
  9. Jan 29, 2013
    The game almost looks like the PS3 version until you see the water.
    The online mode is unplayable.
    But its the same game with same exciting tracks, awesome soundtrack, beautiful scenarios and well balanced races.
    Its a better game than mario kart 7 or mario kart wii.
  10. Jan 10, 2013
    The Good:

All star racing transformed is definitely one of the greatest titles on the vita at the moment. It's fun, colorful and has a variety of tracks and modes that will keep you playing for hours. Whether you are new to racing, intermediate or expert, you will feel right at home as every race offers you 4 different difficulty settings. The different characters with different
    transforming vehicles look very pretty and individual, making the game a lot of fun by mixing it up. The controls with the analog sticks work really well, whether it is for regular racing or for the aerial or water sections, reminding you why a racing game on the PS Vita is so much better than any smartphone gaming device. (I personally hate using the gyros for steering on smart phones.) When drifting for example the left analog stick allows you to control the direction of your drift precisely. During aerial sections you can perform stunt moves (rolls, flips), etc. That said, the different sections during a race really help the game to be different from other cart games by literally providing a change of pace. Could/should have been better:

There are a few things that are not perfect about the game. First of all I wish it had been cross-play with the PS3 (similar to Wipeout 2048) so people wouldn't have to split screen when playing multiplayer locally. Just imaging bringing your ps Vita to your friends place who has a PS3 and each of you could use their separate screen ... It would also be nice to have your unlocked characters/tracks/mods synching on both versions ... Currently, if you own both versions, you have to unlock them separately (hopefully that can be fixed in the future)! Then the graphics could have been slightly better. While, unlike others, I am not asking for more texture (though it is lacking sometimes) I would have preferred more anti-aliasing to remove the sometimes very evident jagged edges. The PS Vita is more than capable of that (Wipeout 2048 again). However, the graphics are not a deal breaker, the game is so fun, you actually forget about these issues once racing. Finally I wish some other characters would have made it into the game ... like e.g. Akira from Virtua Fighter (DLC?)

All in all: A fantastic title, despite the niggles and the lack of PS3 cross-play, one of the best ports to the Vita. 8.5/10
  11. Jan 7, 2013
    Really can't find anything to fault this game on, I haven't suffered with frame rate issues at all (but that may be due to the patches)

The game plays brilliantly and although the land to air to sea transformations change little about the actual gameplay it makes the levels themselves far more fun to play and interesting to race on.

The graphics for this vita version are good, they
    are not great but they do still look great, this is a port and one that hasn't been as well as possible, I have played enough vita games to know the vita could display this game with higher graphics, that said it looks fantastic on the vita.

The soundtrack surprised me, I was expecting to hate it but its well done and enjoyable and not too repetitive like it is in the Mario games.

Overall this game is great, a long, deep campaign and great STABLE online play makes it a great buy, my second favourite racer on the vita after Need for Speed and the best kart racer Iv played to date.

9.5/10
  12. Jan 2, 2013
    Lots of fun. Still not better that Mario Kart but it is close. Could use another coat of polishing to fix the slowdowns and glitches but it never stops being fun. Lots of modes and tracks and racers that hopefully will push Mario Kart to counter with this amount of content. The basic mechanics are sound and great sense of speed. Needs more aerial segments!!
  13. Jan 1, 2013
    This game is great. It's fast, it's slick, it's original, and it's great in almost every way. It's glitchy. Very glitchy. Not as bad as the Wii U version, but still pretty glitchy. And there are many framerate drops. Otherwise, this is a solid handheld port of a solid game.
  14. Dec 27, 2012
    A very good Mario-Kart based game for the vita port. Graphics are really beautiful and some frame-rate reduction seen in some maps (that surely can be improved with no slowdowns). Game play is really fun with all the weapons, water-boats and Air crafts for different characters. Limited Edition comes with the DLC pack for you to download Outrun Bay, extra modes and of course Metal Sonic, all for FREE!! Overall this is a good buy for me!! Expand
  15. Dec 24, 2012
    Okay, I am really pleased with this game. I'll be honest I read the IGN review recently and I felt a little gutted about how they were saying that the graphics weren't great and the frame rate is a little erratic.... What a load of rubbish! I can only assume they reviewed an earlier unfinished version... This is fantastic, brilliant, smooth, bright graphics with NO frame rate issues at all. I'll admit, the home console versions look a bit more polished, and there seem to be a couple of extra online features... But that's it. For a hand held console that's still not being pushed to its full capacity yet, and if you like a FUN racer (no comparison to Wipeout 2048 in my opinion, and is also great but quite serious in its approach) then this is an absolute must.

I can't see that anyone would be disappointed with this game. Full of modes, mods, characters and refreshing weapons to race with. Buy it.
  16. Dec 19, 2012
    A very fun racer and a great port of the console versions. While the game is more than capable of having better graphics on the vita, it still looks good. I played the console version and this one is a great 1:1 port as far as control goes. It is a great game and if you are a fan of the Sega franchise and have a vita, I say you try this one out if you want a fun racer on the go. Also I read a few reviews where they complained about the framerate. See, when I hear a game has framerate problems I think of situations where the slow down becomes obnoxiously apparent or it slows down to the point of screwing you over. None of that is in this game. The framerate drop is not even a problem. The reviewers (IGN specifically) must have just been bad at the game and blamed the framerate because there is no other explanation I can think of. Bottom line, if the "framerate drop" is the deciding factor for you to buying this game for the Vita, do yourself a favor and get it. Expand
  17. Dec 19, 2012
    A good "Mario Kart" like for PSVita, with thrilling and numerous races, and many challenges to achieve. Graphics could have been slightly better I guess, but it still very good level for a portable game console, especially the textures. Items are not as good as in MK, but it is sufficient. The framerate is excellent, giving a perfect speed sensation. Definitely worth it.
  18. Dec 19, 2012

1. The hooning that ensues is heavily derivative of both Mario Kart and also ModNation Racers, copping the funky weapon pickups of the former and the screaming drift mechanics of the latter. It plays just like you're imagining, with the added gimmickry of the "Transformed" bit in the title giving rise to certain moments where your car will literally transform into a hovercraft (boring) or jet (radical). [January 2013, p70]
  2. While this PS Vita version does nothing wrong, the PS3 version's split-screen option makes that the one to get. [February 2013, p81]
  3. Jan 7, 2013
    Highly recommended to all fans of the genre Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is a simple but great arcade driving game.