• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: May 13, 2014
8.2

1. May 15, 2014
    Soul Sacrifice is one of my favourite games on the Vita. The story, the fast epic battles, the great voice acting. It really is a gem in the rough. Though it did have some flaws I easily put more than 100 hours in the game. When Delta was localized I was very excited. I've played so far about 5 hours and let me tell you this.

If you enjoyed Soul Sacrifice, you will LOVE Delta. Its

If you enjoyed Soul Sacrifice, you will LOVE Delta. Its improves in every single way of SS.

First thing you'll notice is a bump up in resolution. It's still not native but its a really big graphical upgrade. No more rough edges it all looks really clean. The game is absolutely gorgeuous.

Next thing you'll notice is way more depth to offerings. Now you can combine attacks offering way more methods of tackling enemys and just improves the fun ten fold. Not only that but there is also new offerings like the spear! Hard to master weapons but very satisfying to use.

The new monster designs based on Grimm Fairy tales Characters are amazing. Soul Sacrifice never dissapoints in that matter. You will never look at little red riding hood again in the same way. The new level designs are just amazing and now there are more variety of smaller creatures, so no more demon cats and rats everywhere

They now added a new faction to the game called Grim that appeases to those that like to stay neutral. Depending on which faction you are in you will get different offerings meaning everybody is going to have a different inventory of offerings.

The story is still relatively the same, but now you have to do some grim , avalon and Sanctuary sidequest before being allowed to play Magusars arc. These sidequest actually act as a bridgepoint between Sortiara's and Magusars arc, expanding a bit more on the Sorcerer and his interaction with the world and other NEW sorcerers only found in Delta.

Delta is a major improvement over SS in every way. If you got SS free from PS+ and loved it buy Delta now and support the devs

If you bought SS and just liked it not loved it, then wait for price drop. Since its nots a full blown sequel more like a relaunch with a buttload of tweaks and improvements, making it the True SS experience.

For the love of god people ignore ArioX and especially WIzard4en "review". The former probably thought Delta was Soul Sacrifice 2 when Inafune said many many many times it was more lik Soul Sacrifice 1.8 and the latter is just a Monster hunter fanboy enough said.
  2. May 19, 2014
    Love the game, very good for the price tag. Story is great, gameplay is great, controls are great. One major gripe though is that it's only available on digital for R1, which obviously takes a significant amount of previous memory space.
  3. May 15, 2014
    Summary: Soul Sacrifice was a merely good game when it first came out. Despite its many flaws, the epic world-building, beautiful art direction, and surprisingly deep story told in an story-book fashion (which drove away some people due to its simplicity) made the game worthwhile even through its repetitive segments. Unfortunately, Delta does not remedy the critical flaw of repetition, itSummary: Soul Sacrifice was a merely good game when it first came out. Despite its many flaws, the epic world-building, beautiful art direction, and surprisingly deep story told in an story-book fashion (which drove away some people due to its simplicity) made the game worthwhile even through its repetitive segments. Unfortunately, Delta does not remedy the critical flaw of repetition, it adds so many improvements that it is worth the new purchase for Soul Sacrifice fans, and a must-buy for newcomers seeking fast-paced action. It is an expansion, yes, but one that improves the game at a fundamental level.

Soul Sacrifice Delta is the definitive version of Soul Sacrifice which addresses many issues players had with the first game. Weapon balancing, quick weapon summoning, spell combos, and heavier consequences for black rites are some of the many changes seen in this iteration.

The repertoire of spells have been revamped and although there are still useless fodder ones scattered about, the balancing and the sheer number of old and new spells make it possible to achieve variety in builds.

Main story line is largely unchanged, and all of the content from the first game is retained, though with minor graphical improvements. Of course, Soul Sacrifice suffers from the common flaw inherent in the hunting genre: repetition. This is slightly mitigated this time around because the spell rewards are diverse, but newcomers to the genre may be deterred, understandably.

The amount of new story content is merely an expansion that has a small impact on the main story line, but it does an adequate job of expanding the universe of Soul Sacrifice. World-building was already very well done in the first game, and Delta adds new dimensions to the story. Again, these changes are basically inconsequential to the main story line, and therefore it is slightly disappointing.

Is it worth buying?
    The $35.99 USD/CAD price tag for those who've played the game already is steep, but well worth it if you loved the first game. Soul Sacrifice Delta is an extremely polished version of the first game with plenty of new content, but it is completely reasonable for veterans to be driven away by being asked to pay full price for what is essentially an expansion, albeit a very large one.

Those who've never played the game or were not interested the first time around should give Delta a chance. Despite not being perfect in any means, it is very near the apex of what the Soul Sacrifice experience that the first game sought to achieve.
  4. May 19, 2014
    Soul Sacrifice Delta is much more than just an update/expansion to Soul Sacrifice (SS).
    It adds some much content to the original game and improves so much stuff that it catapults the game
    to the top entries on PS Vita. (I would say second best after Killzone.) It adds: - improved graphics - new levels - combination of levels (so bigger levels) - new monsters - a new fraction -
    to the top entries on PS Vita. (I would say second best after Killzone.)

It adds:
    - improved graphics
    - new levels
    - combination of levels (so bigger levels)
    - new monsters
    - a new fraction
    - new storylines
    - new spells
    - combination of spells

It is just awesome! And in my opinion, a lot better than Monster Hunter.
    Well worth the money, even if you already have SS.
  5. May 20, 2014
    An amazing title for the vita, one that really shows off just what the vita can do with not only its hardware, but also the hardcore gaming scene.

I really do hope that a second game gets made, one with a possible ps4 partner game much like how monster hunter 3 ultimate and monster hunter 3 on the wii u can work together.
  6. Sep 13, 2014
    Ps vita 's best action rpg game from japans . It deserves really come to ps4 with next gen and 60fps . It would be great . Dont miss that game !

All DLCs are free . Thank you awesome video game productors .
  7. May 22, 2014
    I think people should stop comparing SS with MH , they are completely different games , each has a strong point , eg MH has a very fun multiplayer but has a history as simply empty when SS has an exceptional history.
    When I saw this game at first sight I did not put faith in him , but because I am a crazy fan of this franchise I decided to buy it even though it might disappoint me .
    Now
    Now I have to say that SSD managed to impress me , small changes were able to leave the game much more enjoyable , the ones I can name are:
    The improved IA
    The online ranking sorcerers updated weekly
    The introduction of the factions is very welcome because it really makes a difference depending on your choice
    A customization that now allows your character to be almost unique
    The new spells are pretty cool, while the old have been upgraded to improve cooperation in multiplayer
    Perhaps the best thing that was introduced in the Delta was the Labyrinth Eternal Alice mode , simply wonderful , simple and fun .
    I know that many players miss a MH on Vita , but I think it's past time to wake up and see how many good games the Vita has that style .
    Ragnarok is pretty fun .
    The Vita received Toukiden , which is an excellent game .
    Soul Sacrifice do not need to comment .
    And Freedom Wars is coming and it looks great .
    And if I had a MH on Psvita ?
    Will all of those games would have been created?
  8. Aug 19, 2014
    Already SS was amazing gem and with Delta, more than amazing, with so much new improvements game very solid and unique. Deep story with convincing dub, masterpiece OST, art etc... Wish i can give 9.5 but i can't, give 10 because there is no game without defects, especially in SS Delta:; loading times, insufficient locations, some Al problems.

If you have Vita and you don't own SS:

If you have Vita and you don't own SS: Delta, this mean you are really bad person, support this amazing quality of game. Hope we can see SS 2 for Vita too.

1. Jul 19, 2014
    It feels almost like a full sequel. [Issue#150, p.122]
  2. Jul 13, 2014
    This is the perfect time to start with this franchise, as Delta is a lot harder than it's predecessor. There is a lot of new content, better graphics and that interesting magical atmosphere that are all very enjoyable.
  3. Jun 28, 2014
    At a time when consumption is so high that we move from game to game so fast, the idea of replaying a game where we have to find the improvements almost under the microscope is not exactly the most convenient.