• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Apr 30, 2013
8.2

1. Nov 6, 2014
    One of my favorites on the Vita, the game is phenomenal. Soul Sacrifice has: addictive and challenging gameplay, a good story and concept, and two paths to choose from. What I mean by that is if you choose to save or sacrifice a being. It's simple, saving will increase your life level, it will increase your defense and recovery, not HP though. OR, you can sacrifice, which will raise yourOne of my favorites on the Vita, the game is phenomenal. Soul Sacrifice has: addictive and challenging gameplay, a good story and concept, and two paths to choose from. What I mean by that is if you choose to save or sacrifice a being. It's simple, saving will increase your life level, it will increase your defense and recovery, not HP though. OR, you can sacrifice, which will raise your magic level, increases attack damage. You can choose one or both. The game starts off easy, but a little while later, the game will punch your face. lol. If you're into Monster Hunter and/or like 3rd person action games, Then I really suggest and recommend you get this game if you have a Vita. Countless hours poured into the game. BUT, I suggest you get SS Delta instead, it's the same game, but with more content. Expand
  2. Dec 30, 2013
    First game on my vita it exceeded my expectations. Everything in this game just blends together,the control mechanics the atmosphere. It may be repetitive but it's also rewarding. Lots of skills to use and the story was great with a superb music to boot highly recommended
  3. Dec 6, 2013
    What. A. Game! Impressive and touchy story that will grow on you, better than any book or movie I've read or seen, ever. Awesome gameplay, fun multiplayer, jaw-dropping graphics all of that accompanied with a beautiful musical score. My top favorite game on Vita, hands down.

If you don't have a PS Vita yet, please do yourself a favor and get one WITH this masterpiece of game. Really, what a game...
  4. Oct 22, 2013
    I found it more interesting than monster hunter series. I don't agree with those who said it was void of depth, it has a story, if this game is void of depth, MH will be a joke.
  5. Aug 24, 2013
    Soul Sacrifice has a different way of playing that makes you feel involved with the plot. Most of the story is told by reading a book with audio. We are used to play games watching cutscenes, but with this game things work differently and I think it raises the immersion. But as a consequence it makes the game a little repetitive. You read some part of the book then you go to a battle. AndSoul Sacrifice has a different way of playing that makes you feel involved with the plot. Most of the story is told by reading a book with audio. We are used to play games watching cutscenes, but with this game things work differently and I think it raises the immersion. But as a consequence it makes the game a little repetitive. You read some part of the book then you go to a battle. And there's not much a variety of monsters, the only thing that really changes about them is the element type.

Despite of the repetition, I really recommend that you play this game. Not only you get involved with the story, but the gameplay is very fun. There is a lot of customizations that you can make with spells and discover the best combinations for certain enemies. In order to beat the game you have to grind and that's when the repetition comes stronger. Fortunately, the developers are releasing free DLCs to expand the experience with new quests. I also have to highlight the amazing soundtrack.
  6. Aug 7, 2013
    This game... It's simply amazing! I've been curious about it but went directly to my local retailer after having tried the demo. There's a very unique and interesting story, awesome skill-based gameplay but the multiplayer is pure mind-blowing.
  7. Jul 4, 2013
    This game is different in a good way. It has very interesting story and nice graphics. I think this game is one of a kind. I like how the online works even though there are no many players. I'm looking forward to more games that take risk and try to do something new.
  8. Jun 23, 2013
    This is one of my favorite games. If you have a Vita and likes to play with other people, definitely get the Soul Sacrifice. You have so many ways to customize your character build. In this sense it's like the Diablo 3. The game is formed in different quests so it's suitable for handheld you can stop after each quest. The story is deep too. Although there's no cut scene so don't expect itThis is one of my favorite games. If you have a Vita and likes to play with other people, definitely get the Soul Sacrifice. You have so many ways to customize your character build. In this sense it's like the Diablo 3. The game is formed in different quests so it's suitable for handheld you can stop after each quest. The story is deep too. Although there's no cut scene so don't expect it like the normal JRPG. it's not. It's an action RPG. You choose to sacrifice or safe after each kill, and that will affect how your character grows as well as the story. Expand
  9. Jun 19, 2013
    My second favorite ps vita title for now. Love the gameplay only got a little annoyed for the same fights and repetition so i gave it a 9. It would be a 10 if it wasn't repetitive. Apart from that it has a excellent story that will make you feel bad for the characters and for the main character too. Hours of fun are guaranteed! If you like fast paced RPG games you really have to play itMy second favorite ps vita title for now. Love the gameplay only got a little annoyed for the same fights and repetition so i gave it a 9. It would be a 10 if it wasn't repetitive. Apart from that it has a excellent story that will make you feel bad for the characters and for the main character too. Hours of fun are guaranteed! If you like fast paced RPG games you really have to play it and you will love it! One of the best ps vita games so far and i think it is a little under-rated but still consider it a great game with a big variety of weapons and spells and sacrifices and you will need to choose the good side or the bad side! Expand
  10. May 25, 2013
    Very good game and very fun with a different take on it's story. The gameplay is challenging and makes it so every move you make is vital to the outcome of the battle. This game has one single con and that is that it is hard to go pure light if you play online. The game is much like my favorite handheld game Monster Hunter but is COMPLETELY different at the same time.
  11. May 16, 2013
    I have never been into RPG's. Reason being I sat and watched a friend the year Final Fantasy 7 came out for hours on end point/click/attack. Boring...Unbelievably boring. I created a Metacritic account just for this game, just to leave a review for this game. This is the first RPG I have ever played and I am in LOVE with it. Fantastic story, dark and grimy lore. The spells that you earnI have never been into RPG's. Reason being I sat and watched a friend the year Final Fantasy 7 came out for hours on end point/click/attack. Boring...Unbelievably boring. I created a Metacritic account just for this game, just to leave a review for this game. This is the first RPG I have ever played and I am in LOVE with it. Fantastic story, dark and grimy lore. The spells that you earn are extremely satisfying to use, especially when you combine them and make them more powerful. I don't mind "repetitiveness" apparently, so "grinding for "loot" is fun. I'm about 25 hours in and I am STILL finding new spells to use. For newcomers to the RPG genre I would more than recommend this. The frame-rate is rock solid and online multi-player is a blast. Plenty of people to play with and loads of fun to be had. I rate this game a solid 9.5 for originality and the release a new IP. I am baffled at the low scores from any outlet or user. I honestly don't believe you could rate this game anything lower than 8 out of a 1-10 scale. With loads of content and free content on the way I don't believe you can go wrong.
    Gameplay: 9 (Unique weapons to fight bosses that have vulnerabilities. Ice for fire/Stone for Ice etc.)
    Story: 9 (Originality alone)
    Graphics: 7.5 (A few muddy textures here and there, but not noticeable during play unless you are looking for it. Even less so during frantic battles.) (Compare to Uncharted: Golden Abyss which in my mind sits at a solid 8.5)
    Replayability: 10 (There is more than enough content to last you hours upon hours of play. Online multiplayer stretches this out even further. Not to mention the free DLC missions to be released.)
    Final Score: 9.5 (New original IP with tons of content. Original intriguing story coupled with morality choices that you affect directly.)
    Verdict: Buy and thank Keiji Inafune later ^_^
  12. May 15, 2013
    This game have a great storyline. In here death and life of the other people stay in your hand. It´s your decision. By the way, the system batlle and 400+ skills given longevity for this tittle. Is one must have in the ps vita system. Cry If you haven´t yet.
  13. May 14, 2013
    This is an absolute must buy for anyone that owns a PS Vita! If you don't own one, it is definitely worth buying one just for this game and with a playstation plus membership for only 17.99 (3 months) or 50.00(1 year) you get plenty of great Vita games for free that are updated every month and plenty of free PS3 games!

Soul Sacrifice proves what this system can do and there is even

Soul Sacrifice proves what this system can do and there is even plenty of room for graphics improvements and such, because the Vita hasn't even been fully unlocked, the CPU speed is limited I'm sure.
  14. May 12, 2013
    All I can say is this game is awesome. Those who are into action RPG should definitely pick this one up. It's all about gathering the right stuff to make yourself powerful and kill the bosses. The big baddies are the heart of the game and especially killing them online with a group and sorcerers is freakin fun. I was especially disappointed with the low value that I got from Diablo 3 lastAll I can say is this game is awesome. Those who are into action RPG should definitely pick this one up. It's all about gathering the right stuff to make yourself powerful and kill the bosses. The big baddies are the heart of the game and especially killing them online with a group and sorcerers is freakin fun. I was especially disappointed with the low value that I got from Diablo 3 last year and this game fills the void perfectly. Ignore the noob reviews I'm 50 hours in and still enjoying it. Diablo 3 fun factor wore out at around the 15 hour mark. Expand
  15. May 11, 2013
    Ótimo jogo,monstros bem bizarramente legal,ótima mecânica de jogo,enredo comovente e emocionante e grande variedade de ataques. O problema e a câmera e cenários repetitivos
  16. May 10, 2013
    This game is crazy deep and fun. I downloaded the demo and didn't get it. I decided to read through the first part of the wiki on IGN and decided to go back and give it a try. I ultimatelyWhat a cool game! Finally something for my Vita! Once I learned how to combine attacks using different elements, the game opened up. The story is great too! It's been a whiles since I have been addictedThis game is crazy deep and fun. I downloaded the demo and didn't get it. I decided to read through the first part of the wiki on IGN and decided to go back and give it a try. I ultimatelyWhat a cool game! Finally something for my Vita! Once I learned how to combine attacks using different elements, the game opened up. The story is great too! It's been a whiles since I have been addicted to a game... and it's a handheld. Go figure. Must buy in my book! Expand
  17. May 9, 2013
    At first, you do not know what you are doing and where this game will take you but after a couple of fights you start to get hooked to the leveling system and loot system. I would recommend this game to people who have the vita. A must have.
  18. May 6, 2013
    I've played 20+ hours of the demo, I've played 30+ of the game so far and I can whole-heartedly say that if you are into the hunter genre of games then this is a no-brainer. Also if you have a Vita and are over the age of 15, its a no-brainer.

JUST BUY THIS GAME.
  19. May 5, 2013
    My only complaint about this game: the online support seems dodgy at the moment.

That said; this game has a great story and a great way of telling that story. While at first the "battle arenas" gameplay seems a bit odd, once you get into the game you start to realize that it fits the storytelling method perfectly. I actually love their decision to use this method whereas in many other games where they do this I hate it, due to poor implimentation.

Great combat system lots of customization options, really nice sound effects and music although the voice overs could stand to have a bit more variety or at least be a little less frequent. Graphics are right on, far above what i'd expect for a handheld game.

I'd say a lot of reviewers didnt play anymore than the demo, or theyd probably have a different opinion.
  20. May 5, 2013
    I don't know why people even mention Monster Hunter, it has nothing to do with that besides having a 3rd person camera.

Most of the things I'd say have already been said, so just one thing. Read the Lore! Really, it's that good. I seldom read text in games, because usually even the not-so-good books outperform games in this area, but not in this case. Each monster and location has it's own dark tale, and it's really good, reminds me of Neil Gaiman. Great atmosphere and even something to think about sometimes. I loved how they twisted around the usual fantasy rpg monsters you see in most of these games and gave them brand new identities. And it really make the game more enjoyable if you know how that monster in front of you came to be and why it does what it does. For me it even influenced my decision to sacrifice it or not.
  21. May 4, 2013
    Absoultely underrated game. I didn't like monster hunter freedom, but this is one of the more addicting and balanced games I have played in a while. All I can say is give it a try, especially if your skeptical. The story and good gameplay will keep you entertained for hours on end.Fyi: I don't give out 10's or 1's
  22. May 4, 2013
    One of the best games for Vita and the one wich i fall in love. I think that it takes some Monster Hunters influences but it isnt a clone at all. Call it an evolution of this lineage of ARPG. You can choose to engage in a truly depth story, real console experience or just enjoy a movile expirience battle on the go. Cooperative multiplayer is great. Graphics are beautiful. The combat systemOne of the best games for Vita and the one wich i fall in love. I think that it takes some Monster Hunters influences but it isnt a clone at all. Call it an evolution of this lineage of ARPG. You can choose to engage in a truly depth story, real console experience or just enjoy a movile expirience battle on the go. Cooperative multiplayer is great. Graphics are beautiful. The combat system is really nice and the abilities an magical items herarchy very innovative. I dont know if this sacrifice gonna "save" the Vita....but this is the game that finally make me a proud Vita owner. Thanks SCEA!!!! Expand
  23. May 2, 2013
    Absolutely astounding. One of the best vita games out there. Every piece of it is amazing. The spells are really cool, the animations(except the walking one) are really good. The monsters aren't as memorable as monster hunters monsters(example: Tigrex, Rathian) but they are fun to fight. This game is loads of fun, and worth a buy if you like action RPG's at all. There's tons to do in theAbsolutely astounding. One of the best vita games out there. Every piece of it is amazing. The spells are really cool, the animations(except the walking one) are really good. The monsters aren't as memorable as monster hunters monsters(example: Tigrex, Rathian) but they are fun to fight. This game is loads of fun, and worth a buy if you like action RPG's at all. There's tons to do in the game, and more to come in free dlc later. Expand
  24. May 2, 2013
    This game is perfect example of masterpiece. Good graphics, fantastic and touching music, refined gameplay, interesting story. And it also has a lot of high level content and brilliant MP (in fact it is focused on it). It can be easily worth more than 90 hours of gameplay (I managed to get 20+ just in demo, and some of my friends got 30 in it) Definitely worth the money.
  25. May 2, 2013
    I was never a fan of Monster Hunter or Ragnarok. I wasn't of any RPG game, until i played this game! The 400+ skills the enemies. everything just blew my mind! I give it 9/10.
  26. May 2, 2013
    This game is pretty freaking awesome. Not only does it have a wonderful style to it and a great story, but the gameplay is really well designed. The soundtrack was great, and never felt repetitive or boring to me. The graphics were done very well, except for the occasional muddy texture.
    The reason why the gameplay was so well designed, yet felt "dull" or "not thought out" to others, was that it wasn't intended to be the way that they were thinking of. For example, the reason why the game isn't so open is because it would lower the experience all around. This would happen because the game mostly focuses on fighting bosses or multiple enemies. Imagine just how much random objects in the terrain would get in the way or how much pointless running you'd have to do if it was that way. In all seriousness, they'd only add aesthetic to the game while ruining gameplay. Which is unacceptable I personally think. Another thing, was the spell limit. What if you could actually see how much of a spell you have left? That would honestly ruin an important aspect of the game for me. For example, once your spell starts to blink red and the game tells you that you're running out, you have to decide whether or not to risk getting another use out of it. You could just sacrifice something to get it back or restore your power from something on the map if you'd rather save your spell uses anyways.
    Rant aside, everything is pretty well balanced, and plays very nicely into the idea around sacrificing or saving something. This game has a pretty good balance between strategy, such as choosing your spells, levels, black rite, allies and arm carvings (forgot what they're called), while still maintaining a nice amount of difficulty. Sure, the game is lacking enemy diversity. But, I believe that they are fixing that with quite a few free content patches in the coming months (even then, I'd say it's still mostly about the boss fights).
    The lore fits so damn good with everything. All of the bosses have somewhat of a messed up backstory to them. Heck, even the story without looking at the lore is amazing too.
    All in all, I'd say this is one of my favorite games.
  27. May 2, 2013
    Waited for the release of this game without trying the demo, to not ruin the first play experience and that definitely worth the wait. The game is awesome. Absolutely full of style, disturbing and challenging. The gameplay resembles some other hack and slash titles but definitely this is one of a kind. The sorcerer is very customizable in therms of spells (there are TONS of them) andWaited for the release of this game without trying the demo, to not ruin the first play experience and that definitely worth the wait. The game is awesome. Absolutely full of style, disturbing and challenging. The gameplay resembles some other hack and slash titles but definitely this is one of a kind. The sorcerer is very customizable in therms of spells (there are TONS of them) and everyone is more cooler and powerful than another. Also the game setup and lore is very complete and original... I can definitely feel the designer imagination, the inspiration... it's incredible... Like a nightmare... But i's reallyt awesome. Speaking of controls/gameplay after an initial confusion I started to gain master of them and they are perfectly balanced, pressing and holding buttons for some spells or actions, tapping the button for some... Anyway is perfectly explained even without a real tutorial... the game puts you immediately in action and you must adapt to survive. In final it is an outstanding game, very fascinating and enjoyable. Expand
  28. May 2, 2013
    The game is fantastic! I have been waiting for this game to release for awhile now, and I can say with confidence I am not dissapointed. The graphics are amazing, the combat is smooth and enjoyable, the story keeps you interested, and the lore section fills in all the details. The online portion is very entertaining, and has a good amount of depth.

I don't review games very often, but

I don't review games very often, but since "professional" reviewers are giving this game a hard time, I felt I should give my opinion on the game. This game is a must buy IMO, and it ranks up there with Persona 4 Golden, and Gravity Rush.

TLDR version= Buy this game.
  29. May 1, 2013
    This game is simply perfect, comparing it to Monster Hunter is an insult to both games, as if it was meant to be a competition or simply stating that SS is a replacement or clone of sorts. It plays very well, the story is told in a really creative way and the soundtrack is next to the brilliance of Chrono Trigger's. My advice is to ignore any review of 6 and below, my opinion is that theyThis game is simply perfect, comparing it to Monster Hunter is an insult to both games, as if it was meant to be a competition or simply stating that SS is a replacement or clone of sorts. It plays very well, the story is told in a really creative way and the soundtrack is next to the brilliance of Chrono Trigger's. My advice is to ignore any review of 6 and below, my opinion is that they only read EDGE's review and, as Nintendo Fanboys, just assume it is a clone of Monster Hunter, which in fact is not, play the Demo just to see. The only too problems I had were the Voice Acting (you can replace with the Japanese one if you want) and some textures, but the latter can be patched. Expand
  30. May 1, 2013
    Having been eagerly anticipating this game, I am entirely satisfied that even after tearing through the demo there was loads more to kill in the main game and more of the sick story to be told. Truly the game gets a 10 for presentation and gameplay, I don't think it's a 100% Perfect game though I love the multiplayer, the communication layout is great, and the many sacrifices/saving you'reHaving been eagerly anticipating this game, I am entirely satisfied that even after tearing through the demo there was loads more to kill in the main game and more of the sick story to be told. Truly the game gets a 10 for presentation and gameplay, I don't think it's a 100% Perfect game though I love the multiplayer, the communication layout is great, and the many sacrifices/saving you're gonna do with people who you could either stomp the playground with or get kicked in the gonads over and over again (There's a world of difference between the newbs and the quick to learn)

I highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys magic rpgs, multiplayer, and killing freakish monsters in crazy ways.

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Soul Sacrifice is a heavy action-rpg with a great moral choice system. Even if the camera controls are poor and there are a few graphical quirks the developer Marvelous AQL delivers an awesome game with lots of replayability. If you own a PS Vita you owe yourself to play this game.
  2. The gameplay is smooth and every spell is designed to be both cool and useful. The environments are well crafted, ranging from icy plains mired with huge chains to forests filled with bizarre trees covered in throbbing blood veins. [June 2013, p.88]
  3. Soul Sacrifice isn’t the deepest Action-RPG out there, but it’s certainly one of the most interesting, and it feels right at home on PS Vita. [July 2013, p78]