• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Apr 30, 2013
8.2

1. May 2, 2013
    On the positive side, the graphics look nice and the enemies are extremely creative. However I can't seem to get into this game, it's just not that fun. The weapon (or spell) system is horrible. You basically have to guess when your spell is going to run out as you're spamming attacks on an enemy, because very likely you'll end up casting it again when you didn't mean to, and you REALLY want to conserve your magic in this because you run out fast and the bosses take for-freaking-ever to kill. Enemies, and even your own friends will be knocking you around like a ragdoll the whole game, in a game where you have to stand still and charge up to do pretty much anything. The locations look pretty nice but again, it's boring and void of depth. I mean that literally, every mission just spawns you into a big flat arena to fight enemies, and that's it. Already bored to death of it and I've only put around 7 or 8 hours into it. Expand
  2. May 15, 2013
  3. Nov 8, 2013
    What can I say? Sony tried to give us a Monster Hunter-esque game but just failed. It's BORING. If I wanted a grindy button masher game, I'd rather play something like Gauntlet Legends. While the graphics are nice, that's all that the game has going for it.

The combat system is dull and uncreative. Mash button, mash button, mash button, mash button. Oh, not to mention you have to
    this while you're mowed down constantly.

The levels are bland and devoid of... anything that makes levels fun and cool. You're thrown into arenas with monsters and... that's it. I gave this grind-fest a chance, I've played it for a few hours, and decided no more. I'd rather play Sonic 06 than try and lvl this character.
  4. Jun 12, 2014
    I tried liking this game but i couldn't. The story felt below par, voice acting was so-so but the mechanics of this game was really poor, changing weapons/spells takes to long and you are more then likely to have your enemies score a free hit on you as punishment, and it's not often you come across a more repetitive game, not only are the monsters/creeps very often the same, but the maps you play on don't seem to have a very good range of variety either. But this game actually has something going for it, and it is it's looks. It actually looks pretty good for being an early VITA release. Expand

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Soul Sacrifice is a heavy action-rpg with a great moral choice system. Even if the camera controls are poor and there are a few graphical quirks the developer Marvelous AQL delivers an awesome game with lots of replayability. If you own a PS Vita you owe yourself to play this game.
  2. The gameplay is smooth and every spell is designed to be both cool and useful. The environments are well crafted, ranging from icy plains mired with huge chains to forests filled with bizarre trees covered in throbbing blood veins. [June 2013, p.88]
  3. Soul Sacrifice isn’t the deepest Action-RPG out there, but it’s certainly one of the most interesting, and it feels right at home on PS Vita. [July 2013, p78]