8.6

1. Feb 22, 2012
    Agreed with other reviewer, didn't expect too much for $8, then was awesome. Maybe you could say it was too short, but, then again, I payed so much less for this than other games that ended up costing me 50 bucks.... and i had already spent all my money on memory cards. :)
  2. Mar 23, 2012
    I bought this game because of the great reviews, and am happy I did. It is the first Vita game I feel is a 'Must Buy.' Every time I pick up my Vita, this is the first game I go to - fun and addictive - the way a handheld game should be. Plus, it is priced right for a handheld game. If Vita wants to make something of itself, it needs more games priced below $10 like this one.

Buy it now!
    You won't be disappointed. Expand
  3. r50
    Feb 22, 2012
    This game was a real surprise. It started off as a harmless platformer, but it just kept getting better and better. I feel bad because it's the most fun of any of the vita games I got at launch and it was the cheapest! The only launch game that deserves a 10 IMHO.
  4. Apr 8, 2013
    Surprisingly good,got it with my plus subscription, and, well had a great time with it, everything is simple, but it does take a little creativity to get trough, so you have a real good time :D
  5. Jun 29, 2012
    Only purchased the game after seeing it was on sale on the PS store, and i have to say it is the best £3.99 i have spent in a long time! Absolutely everything works as it should, the graphics are bright and crisp the only bad thing is the length, but for the price you can't complain!
  6. Feb 24, 2012
    Good game, good price, good graphics... I'm enjoying the slow paced nature of the game, only enviromental enemies, plenty of time to explore, maybe it will change soon enough but I think this people nailed it with the art style and gameplay.
  7. Feb 25, 2012
    Seriously THE best Vita game. First bought it and expected a simple game, but OMG I'm amazed, this game is extremely addicting and fun. Better than Uncharted Golden Abyss, better than Rayman Origins, better than the rest. This is the best!
  8. Apr 28, 2012
    I loved it. This was a short and sweet game at an inexpensive price. There was a fun art style, the game looks great on the Vita, and the game play was fun from start to finish. I highly recommend Mutant Blobs Attack to anyone who owns a Vita system.
  9. May 3, 2012
    Another gem that every Vita owner should have in their collection. Wonderful fun game design and execution! And for the price it's a great deal. Highly recommend.
  10. May 22, 2012
    An interesting game that never seems to get boring. VERY addictive and fun too! This is a must have game for anyone who likes to kick back, switch off and enjoy video gaming.
  11. Jun 21, 2012
    Mutant blobs attack s the best tales from space game and one of the best game on the vita. The controls fell fluid just roll into things to pick them up. With a great sound track, level design and top notch graphics. The story is simple and easy to follow with some very funny moments. Its just a ton of fun to play i only have one complaint and that's it is to short but for £3.79 its a must buy. Expand
  12. Sep 19, 2012
    Just a simply wonderful game. One of the cheapest, and one of the greatest games on the Vita so far. Its controls, gameplay and art style fit together extremely well, and the humour element is more icing on the proverbial cake.
  13. Sep 1, 2013
    I wasn't at all surprised to see that (at least at the time I wrote this) there were only positive reviews for this game. I heard this was a fun game back at launch but hadn't really gotten on board the Indy train yet, but I'm glad I finally gave it a try. It is simply a fun, charming, challenging while not frustrating game. You would think a game about a rolling blob would get stale fast, but I'll give it to drinkbox, they are constantly throwing in new little twists to the gameplay. I gave it to my wife to try who is far from an avid gamer and she really enjoyed it. It does a great job of using the Vita's different features without making it feel like a chore. If you like Mario or little big planet do yourself a huge favour and drop a few bucks on this game. Expand
  14. Mar 14, 2012
    To be short and to the point - If Sony can get developers to make more games of this quality and stick them up for a fiver, the Vita would be more appealing to potential buyers of the console. Personally, I've bought all of the games that are £9 or under, and compared to the 3 or 4 full priced games I bought, with exception to Everybodys Golf (Hotshots golf in the US), I've spent a heck of a lot more time on the budget titles than the supposed AAA titles so far....... These types of games could be the new "Minis" for the Vita. Expand
  15. Feb 24, 2012
    This is by far one of the best games on the vita. It is addictive, fun,and cheap. It also utilizes all the function of the vita very well. I would of rated this higher if it was longer, but other then that it is perfect
  16. Mar 13, 2012
    This is fun! Neat physics that complement, not hinder gameplay. Detailed artwork, ironic backgrounds and a fitting soundtrack makes this a well rounded package. For that price, a no-brainer.
  17. Apr 7, 2013
    The most fun i've had on the Vita so far! This game saved me from utter boredom on an 8 hour flight! Uses the vita's functionality perfectly in a cute, fun, interesting game with varied levels which flow seamlessly from one to the next. Not alot of replay value, but the game has a decent length. Great value for money considering how cheap it is compared to most titles, and I had more fun with this game that others that I paid more than four times for! Must have for Vita owners! Expand
  18. Apr 2, 2012
    One of the cheapest games for the Vita is also one of the best. If you own a Vita there's no excuse for not buying this wonderful platformer. And the online ranking system, will make you keep coming back to beat your own personal scores. This game is totally worth every penny
  19. Sep 11, 2013
    great fun. loved the way it moves from the small to the large, the mad rush of the stuff at the end, the noise, the hard-to-find areas. great platforming, great colour, great sounds, great value
  20. May 11, 2012
    This is the best deal available for the VIta if you missed out on getting Motorstorm RC for free. It is a great little platformer that is fun for all ages. It does have some challenging levels towards the end and some hard to get trophies if you are a trophy whore. Worth every penny - very highly recommended.
  21. Jun 13, 2012
    This was a fun game with a fun story to it. The controls worked very well and included all the Vita's functions sensibly. The puzzles were creative, and for the price, this game easily has the best value. Unfortunately it's a short playthrough and there's not much replay value after attaining all the trophies, which took me around 3 hours.
  22. Dec 21, 2012
    This wonderful platformer game for a very good price really made me play it until i completed it with all trophies. Controls are awesome , also using Vita's touchscreen and motion sensors feels great. You play as a blob , which is eating everything he can and everything its smaller than him. When you eat and eat and eat you get larger to proceed to next areas where you are eating larger objects and also people , tanks and helicopters trying to shoot you down. I highly recommend to get this game for PS Vita , its not very long but getting gold medals and all blob friends in all levels can take you some time and WILL entertain you. Expand
  23. Feb 13, 2013
    If you own a vita you must buy this game. The controls are great the story is fun and the gameplay is spot on. If you don't own it go and buy it. It's that simple.
  24. Mar 10, 2014
    Awesome side-scroller. Good amount of challenge (especially if you wanna get a gold medal on every level) very touch friendly. however, besides the gold medals, not much reason to play it more than once. still though, worth the $8.
  25. Feb 9, 2014
    Having got Mutant Blob Attacks as part of a game bundle when I bought my PS Vita I must admit I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Playing almost like a 2D version of Katamari Damacy, each level tasks the player with collecting various objects from the game world in order to increase their size thus allowing the exit to be opened.

Unlike Katamari however the difficulty is not as a
    result of any time limit but because of platforming sections and puzzles that require full use of your characters (the mutant blob) powers as well as a number of the Vita's feature. Each level is just the right length to be played whilst travelling on the bus or train and the game as a whole is just long enough to provide decent value for money without outstaying its welcome. Expand
  26. May 30, 2012
    A fun and clever little side-scroller you can pick up off the store for 8 bucks. In a lot of ways it's like a more challenging incarnation of loco roco, and dare I say even better. It's easy to pick up and play and despite it being short, I can see this as a title I'd go back and play again just for the hell of it.
  27. Oct 22, 2013
    Well done classic platformer with some good ideas, solid gameplay, funny story, stylish visuals and motion-sensor controlled bonus stages that will entertain you, sometimes challenge you and makes you smile.
  28. May 3, 2013
    Felt like a cross between Sushi Cat, Katarmi Damacy, the credit sequence to the Pixar film incredibles (sort of.. in art style.. kinda..) and.. well pretty much any modern platformer. There's no huge leaps in innovation in store for you and it's not a particularly challenging game, I imagine most people will breeze through the levels in 2 or 3 moderate sessions.

But it's a charismatic
    little beast. The art style is charming, the cut sequences funny and whilst the individual components to the games core mechanics might not be that new, the combination of them was quirky enough to keep me fully entertained the entire time.

Replay wise, I'd say that the game has a fair bit to offer too, there are hidden collectibles on each level but more importantly, a global score board. In well known games a global score board is usually a bit of a waste of time as there are so many people competing the odds are you wont get anywhere near the top 100. But in mutant blobs (for now at least) the board is not so over saturated that its an impossible task to get down into double digits, offering a nice incentive to really push your skills to the edge.

When I bought this game it was on sale on Steam and cost me slightly under £3. At that price, you're practically mugging yourself not to buy it.

What could have made it better?
    ->More levels
    ->Option to play against either your best time's ghost or your nearest best adversary on the score boards ghost.
  29. Sep 10, 2013
    Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is an creative platform game from DrinkBox Studios the same team that brought us Guacamelee! Even though it is not as ambitious as Guacamelee! was, this platform´er at least as lovely and fun to play, and everybody who likes a good platform´er should check it out!
  30. Jun 22, 2012
    I gave Mutant Blobs a 7. It's a visually lovely bite size platformer with a few shortcomings but ultimately it is what it says on the box. There's some replay value in finding all of your little mutant blob friends, and of course collecting as many points as you want, there's also leaderboards which I personally don't care for.
    I'll no doubt jump back in every now and then for a bit of
    mindless fun, but the pretty aesthetics aside, Mutant Blobs is a shallow gaming experience reflected by it's budget price. It is however, a nice showcase of the Vita's software variety. Expand

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is one of the rare experiences where everything just clicks. The style, the feeling, the controls and the gameplay. If you are looking for a solid (or cheap) platformer for your priced PS Vita look no further. This one has everything going for it.
  2. Great value despite its brevity and funny too. More charming than Michael Parkinson. [April 2012, p79]
  3. Apr 9, 2012
    Mutant Blobs Attack is exactly the sort of game Vita needs lots of if is to survive and thrive as a platform. It's got the pick-up-and-play moreishness of the best of iOS with a level of complexity only possible on bespoke gaming hardware.