7.1

1. Nov 22, 2013
    From the get go I immediatly noticed the graphics were toned down. But the framerate was buttery smooth. The voice acting and sounds are great! But when web swinging the framerate can drop slightly. The city is huge, populated but not pretty. You can see very far but allot was sacrifised. The web sounds are tinny but all other sound effects and voice acting is great. The combat is responsive and fun as are the dungeons.

Good.
    Full console game
    Great Acting
    Good story
    Fun swinging and gameplay

Bad
    Blurry Graphics
    Character models are meh
    Sometimes the framerate drops though rarely.

For pure fun I give it a 9
  2. Nov 23, 2013
    So I've been looking for reviews on this game for Vita and couldn't find a single one. I'm guessing Activision didn't send out any review copies to websites. I finally decided to buy the game, since I love my Vita and prefer portable gaming to console.... I wasn't disappointed.

ASM is simply a port of the console game that came out earlier this year. For some reason, the graphics have
    taken a major dip, though. After seeing Killzone Mercenary, we all know what kind of graphics the Vita is capable of. So it's a mystery to me why it looks so bad. They're not horrible, but it really looks like a PSP game in comparison to what we've come to expect on the VIta. The framerate has issues as well, but all together, it's easy to look past, since the game is fun.

ASM is an open-world game, like GTA or even more so like Infamous or Prototype. It follows the same type of layout that those games have. You upgrade Spider Man by accomplishing tasks and the story and you have an entire city to explore.

For Trophy hunters, this is a GREAT game. There's alot to do and collect. As a trophy guy myself, I can see this staying in my Vita for quite some time.

Bottom line... If you can look past the graphical issues and have not yet played ASM on the consoles and you liked inFamous or Prototype, definitely check this out, especially if you want something like said games on-the-go.
  3. Nov 26, 2013
    This game is a pretty decent port of the console version. When I first played the game, I instantly noticed the visuals(Like the PC version on low resolution). It's not as big of a downgrade, but from far off, it starts to look really muddy, but I'm able to look past it. It was just a small thing to sacrifice to port the full game on to Vita. The framerate I somewhat slower than the console version, but it's not that noticeable. The game does make some use of the Vita's features, mainly while using the camera(You could use the motion sensors to move the camera, touchscreen to zoom in/out The controls can be somewhat of an issue, like holding the left button to use the camera or pressing the up button to switch from perching to climbing mode in the heat of battle. There have been better ports for Vita(Persona 4, Metal Gear, Need For Speed: Most Wanted), but there have also been some worse ones(Jak and Daxter Collection, Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault). So are you looking for a good superhero game to play on the go? Look no further, this game can scratch that itch. Expand
  4. Dec 3, 2013
    Missing content (Iguna level, Blimp missions), no inclusion of DLC content. That alone is iffy. A lot of framerate drops in the open world, and in later levels as well. Insane drops during the car chase missions. Generally ugly, aside from Spider-Man who looks really good. Overall, I enjoyed the game though and got the platinum a 2nd time (got it on PS3 too). It's impressive to have another open world game on PS Vita. And the controls are perfect.

I highly suggest waiting for $20 or less before buying it though. It is not worth getting a paired back (visually, performance, and content) port for $40 a year later. Especially since there's no sign of the sequel coming to PS Vita.
  5. Nov 21, 2013
    I had reservations about getting the game, but overall I am satisfied that I got it. The first thing I noticed was the graphics. I was not impressed with them and was hoping they would look better. After I started playing the first couple chapters i was really enjoying the combat and swinging and the graphics didn't bother me as much. I am enjoying the game and my only complaints are the graphics could be a little better and the navigation takes getting used too. Overall I recommend the game Expand
  6. Jan 11, 2014
    Yes, The Amazing Spider-Man isn't the prettiest game on the Vita, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game. This version is open-world like it's PS3 brother, same story, same everything. However, the frame rate tends to drop when in the open world, but not in indoor sequences. The audio is top notch. If you just have an open-world itch and have a PS Vita, this'll do.
  7. Feb 20, 2014
    The critics are unfairly comparing this game to the console counter-part. Bad idea if you ask me because it was inevitable that the game would be massively toned down considering it still has all the features and boasts a huge open world to explore. For a portable open-world title (which are never known for exceptional graphics) this is one of the best.

The gameplay is super smooth and
    combat feels fluid, there is a huge variety of animations for the fighting and the web swinging is super satisfying. There is also literally hundreds of collectibles hidden all around the game which means there will be things to find and places to explore for hours on end.

The sound quality isn't as good as I had hoped it would be, even when using headphones instead of the Vita's speakers and the comic pages which are the games main collectible are often hard to see when web swinging through the city.

Overall the game is well worth the money and I have been (and am still) having a great time with it, one of if not the best open world game currently on the Vita.
  8. Nov 19, 2013
    A fast paced third person open world action game. Just what Vita was needing. Maybe ocasional glitches are remarcable but considering this is a loyal port from big consoles and dedicated pc the quality of the effort is remarcable. Kudos to Activision and thanks for briging some quality release toi us hungry Vitas owners
  9. Dec 3, 2013
    I would like to give a thumbs up to Activision and Mercenary Technology for this game port. I have been critical of Activision in the past when it was deserved. This game is an example of what Vita owners are asking for. The game is not perfect, the graphics have been scaled down to run on the vita, and the framerate dips at times. We understand this and are OK with it because the game is close to the console version and maintains the open world spider man experience. The game plays well and is extremely enjoyable. Thank you to the developers for all the hard work bringing an open world super hero game to the vita. Expand
  10. Mar 20, 2014
    Плохой порт, средней игры. Вообще играется вполне нормально, но огромное количество "мыла" отпугивает. Оценка: 7/10 за за саму игру, 5/10 за качество порта.

1. A decent PS3 game swung low enough to limbo under our already low expectations. [February 2014, p82]
  2. Jan 8, 2014
    The Amazing Spider-Man on Vita is at heart a good game, with all of the content of the home console versions available to you on the move. However the technical flaws and shortcomings that occur could potentially diminish your enjoyment depending on your outlook on such things.
  3. Dec 23, 2013
    There’s a good game hidden in here, but you may need a bite from a radioactive insect to see through its glaring flaws.