8.7

1. Sep 25, 2013
    This game belongs on the Vita, its definitely a must have. The gameplay is great because of the touch features of the vita, and of course the OLED screen doesn't fail to amaze with the graphics. Picture this, headphones on, on a train ride home at night scary, Even tho the graphics are cartoon like the emotion each character carries is so life like, and yes it will keep you on the edge. IThis game belongs on the Vita, its definitely a must have. The gameplay is great because of the touch features of the vita, and of course the OLED screen doesn't fail to amaze with the graphics. Picture this, headphones on, on a train ride home at night scary, Even tho the graphics are cartoon like the emotion each character carries is so life like, and yes it will keep you on the edge. I rate this game two thumbs up, and my big toe, Enjoi making the right decisions people! Hint: just dont say drop the gun down, Expand
  2. Oct 16, 2013
    This game is great, but the ratings are far from on target. First the graphics while fluid, seem a bit dated. Almost as if it where made a decade ago. While it adds to the ambiance, it looks like a sketch. There are constant pauses and long load times. These are tolerable considering the depth in the characters and story. However, in all honesty should prevent it from receiving a 10. IThis game is great, but the ratings are far from on target. First the graphics while fluid, seem a bit dated. Almost as if it where made a decade ago. While it adds to the ambiance, it looks like a sketch. There are constant pauses and long load times. These are tolerable considering the depth in the characters and story. However, in all honesty should prevent it from receiving a 10. I would still say it's one of the best games on the vita and is a must own. It seems to me that a great deal of people jump to give a game a 10 just because they enjoy it. Expand
  3. Oct 14, 2013
    This game is awesome and has a superb story.

You craft the game as you go along and you change the story by the choices YOU make. This is a unique zombie game and I would recommend this game to anyone. You will have tons of fun playing this game. My only main problem with this game how much of it was a socializing game and not much action game but that didn't change my mind or
    This game is awesome and has a superb story.

My only main problem with this game how much of it was a socializing game and not much action game but that didn't change my mind or rating of this game at all.

THE WALKING DEAD IS A MUST GET!
  4. Sep 5, 2013
    Best way to play it. It really feels like a comic book coming to life. I would highly recommend either this or the iPad version because the feeling is so much better when you can play wherever you want. Vita version is superior to the iPad version (no glitches when shutting off the screen, choosing controls...).
  5. Sep 9, 2013
    Superb story with exceptional characters and intriguing relationships. This game should get a perfect 10 but the Vita version has significant technical problems. It looks just as good as other versions of the game, but it has lots of framerate issues and slowdowns/stuttering. It affects gameplay and takes away some of the fun and immersion (most of the times I die are as a result of theseSuperb story with exceptional characters and intriguing relationships. This game should get a perfect 10 but the Vita version has significant technical problems. It looks just as good as other versions of the game, but it has lots of framerate issues and slowdowns/stuttering. It affects gameplay and takes away some of the fun and immersion (most of the times I die are as a result of these issues, which is frustrating).

Never tried the PS3 version, but I'm guessing it's better than this. My suggestion to you is to get it on a different system, but you should definitely buy it.
  6. Dec 18, 2013
    I played this a while back on the PS3. It's one of my favorite games of all time so having the ability to take every episode, including 400 Days, with me on the go is something that I just can't help but love. Just knowing that I can have access to this masterpiece anywhere I go makes me very happy. It's probably the best traveling companion I've ever had.

It's not the prettiest version

It's not the prettiest version of the game, character models are fantastic but the environments have taken a slight hit, but it's still the same gameplay and story experience that makes the game so praised are still intact. Tough choices, complex characters, and an excellent story make this game worth every second you'll spend playing and replaying it. It's an amazing game and not even it's few technical issues get in the way.

So I you're looking for an excellent portable game to take with you on a trip, or are just looking for something fantastic to play, I can't recommend this game enough. It really is just a masterpiece that I love being able to take with me. It's one of my favorite games of all time.
  7. Oct 17, 2013
    Suggestive and thrilling story which won't let you rest for a while. Add to it nice graphic style, true voice acting, atmospheric sound track and you will get an adventure you won't forget!
    Only loading should be quicker, particularly during action parts...
  8. Sep 14, 2013
    I was really skeptical about this kind of game when I first started playing. Imho this type of game is perfect for playing on your Vita and leaving all the AAA titles for your big screen and console. It took about an hour to really get into the game. It is a point and click but the fantastic story and great characters really suck you in. I suggest you play with headphones to fully immerseI was really skeptical about this kind of game when I first started playing. Imho this type of game is perfect for playing on your Vita and leaving all the AAA titles for your big screen and console. It took about an hour to really get into the game. It is a point and click but the fantastic story and great characters really suck you in. I suggest you play with headphones to fully immerse yourself with the story and outstanding sound. The game does suffer from poor fps from time to time and before major sequences you will get pauses. But still with that said for a Vita game you can't go wrong. Expand
  9. Dec 31, 2013
    In my opinion the best version of the game, although the graphics take a lil dip from the console/pc versions, and the loading of scenes is slower, this game works excellently as something to play on journeys or in bed, or anywhere where a book normally works too.
  10. Sep 18, 2013
    Too bad he Vita version couldn't be better than what it was but if you ignore it's technical problems it is a fantastic me and it is now on the go....
  11. Aug 16, 2014
    Now, originally I gave this a 9.9 out of 10 saying that though I hadn't beat it quite yet,
    I had LOVED IT.
    Really, this game is good that it deserved to be ported to almost every damn console. I walked into 'the walking dead' a little sour, it was 2012 (or 2013), I had gotten the first 2 episodes on my PS3 for free from PS Plus. Of course, the series was not over yet and with the good
    I had LOVED IT.
    on my PS3 for free from PS Plus. Of course, the series was not over yet and with the good reviews
    the series had gotten, I tried it. I had played a little bit of the first episode and had gotten SO stuck that I walked away with a sour face on. Then, in Christmas of 2013, I had gotten the vita with the walking dead bundle. Now, I had seen this bundle in very few places, at most I would see it in the nearest gamestop,
    or in those rigged arcade machines when I was in an arcade. Now that I have it, and beat it,
    here is my review.

The walking dead, at first sounds like the last of us but its NOT.
    While the last of us had you escorting a teenage girl with a cure,
    the walking dead has no backstory behind the disease, and instead of going for a "GRITTY, EDGY"
    art style, it kinda reminds me of XIII, because of that games comic art style.
    Now, at first this seems like a zombie action game... with heavy story, kinda like the last of us,
    but you'd be HORRIBLY wrong. The walking dead is rather a point and click puzzle adventure game with zombies. You may scratch your heads and say "that sounds stupid", but I ensure you, you'd STILL be wrong. The puzzles are brilliant, and really make you see whats around you. The story and presentation are heavy as hell, but thats what makes this adventure so damn good. The story, starts slow, but as it progresses, you have to make certain choices, like wether you should save survivor a, or survivor b.
    The ending had me in tears, and is probably one of the emotional ones I've seen by far.
    I won't spoil anything, because this is one YOU should play YOURSELF, don't let lets plays ruin the game for you, and only use walkthroughs when stuck, thats my advice.

Now onto the port. Sometimes, when a game gets its chance onto other consoles, it may not turn out too well, but sometimes it will work. Now wether this an example of an good port or it, it's definitely a fine one.
    It comes with ALL the episodes, and in case you've seen that other bundles have that, this one comes with the 400 Days expansion pack. The only real problem I have with the port is the "touchscreen mode".
    The touchscreen mode just f*cks everything up for the game if you have it on. For starters, you get the good impression that you DON'T have to log the cursor around (not that that was bad or anything), then you realize that once on, you can ONLY use the touchscreen, which mucks up the visual art style, and makes moving your character 10 times harder than it should be. Now, with an iPhone, iPod, iPad, or any other phone-like device, it kinda worked, but that was because the iPhone and iPod have tiny screens, with the PS Vita's screen being so wide, it practically makes the mode of no use unless your fingers are tired of using the thumb sticks, but in that case TAKE A BREAK. The worst part: in order to even turn it on/off, you HAVE to, and I mean you HAVE to quit your game, so if your game hasn't autosaved in a while, and the touchscreen mode is biting you, your basically screwed.

Overall:
    Actual Game

Pros:

+Amazing story/great cast
    +The ending will have you in tears
    +The puzzles are smart and work
    +Hooray for morality choices that WORK!

Cons:
    NONE

Overall,
    PS Vita port,

Pros:
    +Includes all the episodes...
    +Plus 400 days if you want that
    +It works...

Cons:
    -...Just expect allot of freeze frames and loading screens
    -The touchscreen mode is not that good

If you haven't played the walking dead yet, you're missing out on what will become a classic
    one day.... unless your a 12 year old who sits inside playing Call Of Duty all day.
  12. Sep 5, 2014
    This is one of the greatest games of all time. This is not the best port for the game but it does not make it a worse game or a worse experience. the story is great, the art style is great and i feel for the characters. The story is based on The Walking dead T.V show but has different characters, story and plot.
  13. Sep 29, 2013
    This game is amazing, it was my game of the year in 2012 when it came out on PS3 and 360. This includes all five episodes of the award-winning first season, plus special episode, 400 days. The gameplay, story, and content is all the same. The only bad thing about this port is that sometimes the framerate drops. For the price of $24.99 it is a must own for anyone that owns a Vita.
  14. Oct 19, 2013
    Pros: The plot, character development, and voice acting make The Walking Dead a great game.
    Cons: Puzzles are extremely easy and lacking. At times, I felt that this game felt more like an interactive movie than a game.

I'm a big fan of graphic adventure games such as Tales of Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle and the old Indiana Jones' games. So, when playing point and click adventure games I look for challenging and fun puzzles to solve which aren't really present with The Walking Dead. However, because it is one of the best stories that I have ever experienced in a game and I gain such a strong attachment with the main character that I ended up tearing up at the end. Great game.
  15. Nov 23, 2013
    This game is almost perfect.
    Very interesting story, good gameplay and animations, the problem is that sometimes it animations react slow, but that doesnt affect the game at all.
    The PS VITA is the place where this plays better.
  16. Dec 24, 2013
    this game is really great. i got it for my ps3 last year and did not enjoy it very much so this year when it came out on vita i went out to give it a go and man it runs great on vita and is one of the best vita games this year
  17. Dec 20, 2013
    I just finished it. Great main characters: Lee and Clementine. Despite a few technical problems (scrolling finger-too sensitive) is well suited to the PS Vita console. Before I played the game approached it with skepticism surprise after playing was nice. The game sucked me completely. Believe me it is worth to play this title.
  18. Jan 17, 2014
    If you felt the PS3 controls were a little weird then the vita version is perfect! the game is awesome, there's no doubting that and if that's why you're looking at reviews then just get it. It's really good and it's one of those games that suckers you into caring for the characters. If you're wondering about the controls, adding the touchscreen makes a game whose mechanics were at a solidIf you felt the PS3 controls were a little weird then the vita version is perfect! the game is awesome, there's no doubting that and if that's why you're looking at reviews then just get it. It's really good and it's one of those games that suckers you into caring for the characters. If you're wondering about the controls, adding the touchscreen makes a game whose mechanics were at a solid 9 into a 10. Perfect. Expand
  19. Sep 25, 2014
    First experience with walking dead, never played or watched it before, this is just stunning, excellent on the vita apart from a little bit of a lag here and there thats it, story is just brilliant and feels truly emotional. 9.5/10 from me - will be buying the others asap.
  20. Jan 7, 2015
    A beautiful game with a strong story. I really enjoyed playing The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game Series on my vita, i noticed some frame rate drops but it doesnt affect the gameplay at all. If you have not played the game yet, then playing it on the Vita is worth it
  21. Nov 17, 2014
    The best way to describe the Walking Dead Season One is as an elaborate choose your own adventure story. There is some action, though it's relatively simple to make it through. The power of the game lies in its narrative and the characters you spend your journey with. The story is powerful and gripping, with decent replay value for a story driven, fairly linear game with limited action.The best way to describe the Walking Dead Season One is as an elaborate choose your own adventure story. There is some action, though it's relatively simple to make it through. The power of the game lies in its narrative and the characters you spend your journey with. The story is powerful and gripping, with decent replay value for a story driven, fairly linear game with limited action.

The presentation for the game is decent. The graphics are cell shaded and look hand drawn, a style I enjoy myself but know some people do not . The character models don't quite move right, leaving you from ever being sucked into the game, but the graphics are not the point. The sound effects and voice acting are top notch. The cast does a great job from beginning to end with even the peripheral characters you run into doing an excellent job.

The gameplay is simplistic, but you get what you expect. The game centers around the choices you make and how they affect your character, Lee, and the group he is with. There isn't a lot of combat, and the game feel cumbersome when you move away from areas that aren't focused on conversation and choices. If you're looking for a game with solid gameplay you're probably better off just moving on.

As mentioned before the game's story is where it shines. To go into details would give spoilers, but the story is riveting and revolves around the choices you make. The characters are diverse and interesting. They make you want to care about what happens to them. For a story driven game there is decent replay value as I've made it through the game on three separate occasions without it feeling burdensome, but the game is short which helps it not feel drawn out.

The one real gripe I have with the game, aside from the clunky feel to the game when in "action" oriented sequences, is how most of the choices don't really matter. The second time I went through the game I intentionally tried to make different choices to see what happened, and to be totally honest the game forced me down the same path I had taken the first time a lot, taking away the illusion that my choices mattered. What was going to happen was going to happen, and knowing that took away my feeling of agency in the game.

The Walking Dead Season One is a solid, story driven game that will suck you in. If you've played the game before and feel the itch to play it again I would recommend renting the game due to its short length and relative ease. If you're looking to play it for the first time I would still recommend renting it, but if the only options are buy it or not play it it's worth buying at its lower than the average game price.

1. Dec 26, 2013
    Despite being far from the best version of this series, the Walking Dead on Vita is still a stellar adventure. The quality of Telltale's work transcends the various technical issues that haunt this port.
  2. Oct 9, 2013
    The Walking Dead on the Vita is still the same fantastic game it was before; the story still resonates, you still form emotional connections with the characters and you still have the same pangs of horrific doubt over each and every choice the game puts in front of you.
  3. All you really need to know is that this is a very capable port of one of the most celebrated games of 2012. Prepare to be drawn into a superbly written apocalyptic tale that will hook you in completely and aim for your feels. [November 2013, p83]