7.7

1. Mar 8, 2012
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is a great port to the vita, with beautiful visual and gameplay comparable to the console counterparts. The touch controls are very responsive and allows new players to experience the vast in depth fighting system . The use of the touch screen allows players to complete combos without the use of manual inputs , although this seems dumb down, completing ArcadeUltimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is a great port to the vita, with beautiful visual and gameplay comparable to the console counterparts. The touch controls are very responsive and allows new players to experience the vast in depth fighting system . The use of the touch screen allows players to complete combos without the use of manual inputs , although this seems dumb down, completing Arcade Mode on Very Hard will still require skill and practice. There is also an option in online mode to turn off the use of touch mode for the use of traditional control inputs. Online play will vary from player to player , but in my experience there have been issues of latency in online match making and connection issues with inviting friends. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom is a great fighting game experience on the Vita, just cross your fingers when it comes to the online mode. Expand
  2. Sep 10, 2013
    Gaming is all about having fun, lots of fun. And while Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 isnĀ“t the most technical fighter out there, it really is still a lot of fun. The graphics here are of high quality.
    One could easily argument that this game is seriously lacking in game modes and overall content, but what little you get, well is a hell lot of fun!
  3. May 3, 2012
    This is an awesome game and it's Perfect to pick up and play for the vita. Graphics and gameplay are very good- do t listen to all these negative fools who like giving bad marks as if it's their hobby- they got nothing better to do obviously- if you like marvel and fighters you will love this
  4. Apr 21, 2012
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom was a surprise to say the least. Having never been a fan of the series I picked it up to play with a friend. When I turned it on the first thing I noticed was How crisp and smooth the game ran and looks. The roster is huge and the gameplay deep and satisfying. I played my friend and lost multiple times and still absolutely loved every second of it. Which is aUltimate Marvel vs Capcom was a surprise to say the least. Having never been a fan of the series I picked it up to play with a friend. When I turned it on the first thing I noticed was How crisp and smooth the game ran and looks. The roster is huge and the gameplay deep and satisfying. I played my friend and lost multiple times and still absolutely loved every second of it. Which is a testament to how good it is. Expand
  5. May 4, 2012
    Wow what an amazing port of one of this generations top fighters! I'm very impressed that Capcom pulled this off! Excellent game design all around. Tight controls and multiplayer! This is a fantastic game that every Vita owner should have in their library! It's a great showcase game to show off to folks on the fence about buying a Vita. Highly recommended.
  6. May 6, 2012
    Excellent port of the original. Game play is fluent, there are lots of characters and maps to choose from, the mission mode is extremely helpfull when it comes to learning combo's, nice extra's like a comic you can collect and fighting with thee characters! But, nothing everything is explained. For example: the game does not explain how you perform the air combo with all of you characters,Excellent port of the original. Game play is fluent, there are lots of characters and maps to choose from, the mission mode is extremely helpfull when it comes to learning combo's, nice extra's like a comic you can collect and fighting with thee characters! But, nothing everything is explained. For example: the game does not explain how you perform the air combo with all of you characters, it also doesn't explain how you perform an advanced defense. This ain't a real big problem, but I find it realy weird. It wouldn't be that big of an effort to include this. Also the loading time is pretty annoying when you switch through modes. Expand
  7. May 11, 2012
    One of the best games on the PS vita yet. Very fun with a great lasting appeal. Lots of practice though, memorizing your characters moves and then pulling them off can be ALOT of had work but when you have it all pays off.
    One thing that disappointing me is the price of the DLC, though the game is a fair price, the DLC's aren't. But this doesn't effect the review.
  8. May 18, 2012
    A must-try for every fighting game lovers. The new characters (my fave is Phoenix Wright) really packs a punch, literally. To put it simply, it's a kind of game that will leave sore thumbs and satisfaction equally.
  9. Sep 3, 2012
    this game translate well to the vita, if you like fast paced action games you can't go wrong with UMvC3, The graphics are smooth and the controls are buttery smooth
  10. Feb 16, 2012
    The fluidity of the console version transfers nicely to the Vita`s analog stick. Touch controls are neat but would not use them regularly. While some graphics took a hit for this version the overall look is great
  11. Apr 22, 2012
    The Vita really does justice when it comes to fighting games this is proven by UMVC3. With shiny and fluid graphics and animations, a big roster (2 DLC charcters still though which should have been included) and for me personally one of the best D-pads ive used, this game compliments the vita really quite well. The problems will come with the touch screen addition (Which I mainly used toThe Vita really does justice when it comes to fighting games this is proven by UMVC3. With shiny and fluid graphics and animations, a big roster (2 DLC charcters still though which should have been included) and for me personally one of the best D-pads ive used, this game compliments the vita really quite well. The problems will come with the touch screen addition (Which I mainly used to see character endings for characters i couldnt be bothered to use myself.) The touch screen mode is rather dull and takes the real challenge that is marvel vs capcom and makes it feel too minute, turning a fighting game into more of an interactive animation. Also although the heroes and heralds mode is present a few new additions would have been welcomed. Graphics: 8
    Presentation:9
    Gameplay:8
    Lasting Appeal: 7.5 A real treat for fighting game fans, and an almost perfect translation of its console counter part for better or worse: Would give 7.5 but limited to round it up to an 8.
  12. Oct 28, 2012
    For fans of the Marvel VS Capcom franchise, you already know what to expect and the developers do the game great justice. Wonderful visuals, great controls and wonderful music. I only gave it 9 out of 10 for a few reasons.

To begin with the game has very little replay-ability off-line. Previous titles allowed you to collect "points" while playing the game, allowing you to unlock new moves, stages and characters. Everything is pretty much unlocked for you at the beginning. The second and last problem I had with the game was some of the starting interfaces. When first installing the game I was slightly confused, it kept giving me error messages about trophy data and being unable to log into the Playstation Network. I managed to fix one of these problems, but still get a nagging message about PSN any time I boot up UMVC3. This is a glaring flaw in my opinion, players want to play a game, not fool around with game data and trying to log into online services. All in all, it's one of the better PlayStation Vita games to have launched. Here's hoping we can expect more great games for this underdog of a system.
  13. Jul 3, 2014
    The graphics are great, the controls work well for me. I think the main issue is just that it doesn't support cross-play (or cross-buy) with the PS3 version. As it is identical in every way it should have been made cross* compatible.

None-the-less - well worth the money!
  14. Jul 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. UMVC3 is a game which took me a while to get into. It's a hard game to get into unless you have friends or others in your fighting community that is into it also. When a new players gets the floor mopped with them for the first time and barely even touched a button, it can do that to anyone.

This game will humble you make no mistake.

Once I reached out and started learning from people about the game it slowly dawned on me that the craziness on the screen had a clear rhyme and reason to it. Outside looking in it's a hard pill to swallow, but if you have even the slightest interest and willing to put in the work, find an outlet where you can learn at your own pace, then I recommend you try it out.

This game can be fun, exhilarating, demoralizing, stressful, triumphant... any emotion you can think of, can happen and will likely happen, sometimes all of those emotions can be felt in under 30 seconds.
    Vita-

The analog movement works quite well on the Vita. I would have played the game exclusively with the D-pad, but how the analog was positioned and how I held the handheld my thumb would occasionally contact with the analog which result in missed inputs or dropped combos so I've learned to play the game with both controls in mind.

The d-pad has been less of a problem for me just by adjusting my grip, but controlling your characters movements with the analog is a great alternative, topping the Neo Geo Pocket thumbstick IMO.

Usually I stay away from fighting games with a 6 button layout i.e. Street Fighter Alpha 3(PSP), Street Fighter 4(3DS) since my dexterity in utilizing the top buttons in (L & R) are not so great in pressure situations when they are delegated to a single attack, so I purchased UMVC3 with this in mind.

The top buttons (L & R) are used in various situations like calling assists mostly and Snapbacks which kick out the player you are fighting for one of their other team members, or switching out your character in a pinch.

The game plays great, fast and fluid, with unwanted slowdown is almost non existent. The character models look fantastic with an abundant cast which anyone willing to take the time can find a team of their liking.

Most of the textures for various moves are clearly lower res which is noticeable and some of the effects have been toned down. The backgrounds translate nice with some moving parts taken out or replaced with static pictures which I don't mind. (Metro City is a freeze frame which i think looks kinda awesome)

My opinion: The endings are lacking. I am not a fan of the art choice for the endings and the pseudo comic at the start of game. I know they are invoking and older U.S. comic feel but I don't think they look all that good. Lets just say that they are no where near Jim Lee quality. (This is where i deduct the point)

What I would have liked: It was a shame that the promotional trailers for Fate of Two Worlds(the subtitle for MVC3 "vanilla") was not included in the package. They were several trailers for the game featuring scenes of the cast of MVC in various battles which were done extremely well which would have been appreciated.

Play the game. Decide for yourself. Sodium not included.
  15. Jul 13, 2013
    Very enjoyable from a large list of characters which could leave hours of gameplay competing against another. Whether you prefer capcom or marvel you can decide whoever to be in your team. Fighting in arcade mode was at first very hard. but as you get use to the attacks and control you can easily defeat the final boss, or you can just press the touch pad to kick ass.
  16. Mar 25, 2013
    Ultimute marvel vs capcon 3 is great fighting game which pits two favourite names to a battle royale. The game delivers the best fighting i have seen on the vita with it's stunning graphics and intense character roster the game brings a amazing game
  17. Oct 21, 2013
    When SFxTk is great this one is greater, a combination of two universe Marvel and Capcom that will gonna make you happy and the characters they pick are famous like Spider Man Wolverine of X men The twins Dante and Vergil of Devil may cry Ryu of Street Fighter etc.. all of my favorite characters in Marvel and Capcom are here so this is good....................
  18. Apr 12, 2016
    a mi parecer el mejor juego de peleas para la consola PS VITA, muchos retos, buena competencia, controles muy agradables, apto para jugadores hardcore y aficionados pues tiene cambio de controles para aquellos que dominan combos y los que buscan entretenerse sin adentrarse demasiado en combinaciones de botones, los graficos son muy buenos, efectos buenos y la musica es genial, la cantidada mi parecer el mejor juego de peleas para la consola PS VITA, muchos retos, buena competencia, controles muy agradables, apto para jugadores hardcore y aficionados pues tiene cambio de controles para aquellos que dominan combos y los que buscan entretenerse sin adentrarse demasiado en combinaciones de botones, los graficos son muy buenos, efectos buenos y la musica es genial, la cantidad de personajes es suficiente. Lastima que ya no tiene mas apoyo online en cuanto a contenido pero aunsi consigues el juego y ya no hay posibilidad de descargar mas contenido, tendras suficiente para entretenerte por muuuuchas horas Expand

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Apr 11, 2012
    [I]t's the Vita-specific features that may well entice new players to the otherwise hardcore fighting series. The lower difficulty settings actually let you dominate in fights on the easy setting (and there's 'very easy', too), unlike easy on Street Fighter IV, while a wholly touchscreen fighting mode lets you finger your enemies to death. It's not the best way to play the game, but it means that even the greenest newbie can win a fight without having to remember increasingly complex combat commands. [April 2012, p77]
  2. Apr 11, 2012
    If you seek a Fighting-Game fort the PS Vita, you will find the best one in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
  3. Apr 9, 2012
    The graphics are on par with the home consoles, the same goes for the content, and PS3 users can have some interesting interaction if they have both versions of the game. All in all, a great addition to Vita's library.