• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Mar 6, 2012
7.4

1. Dec 5, 2012
    Very bad game.
    If you don't want to waste money or time, don't buy it. Don't download even the demo, because your VITA could crash!
    This is a totally bad rendered game: it is full of bugs, very low FPS and there are many audio and game-vita crashes. The gameplay is the same used in all new FPS-like games (Call of Duty etc.), nothing innovative: 2 weapons, 1 knife, some bombs, always the
    same awards used in all new generation games and the fun has already ended: nothing special, nothing innovative. Just big fails and very bad performance/game issues.
    I regret to have paid a lot of money for it.
  2. Jun 30, 2014
    I got this for free on PS Plus a while ago, but never downloaded it until a few days ago, then continued to delete it, bring it back, and delete it again. Why? Because Unit 13 is a shallow and repetitive game. It controls all right, and I'll give it that, but the missions are the SAME, and not to forget the enemy designs.... you'll probably see the same 3 skins throughout the game.
    Then, there's stealth. Now, the concept was neat that you shouldn't go guns blazing, and kinda reminded me of GOOD games like deus ex, only it was executed HORRIBLY.
    The stealth is of one thing in Unit 13: Hit the O button, hope to hell that you weren't seen by the really
    bad A.I., and kill the first guy you want to... or just wait forever, and punch the guy who just stands there.
    But as if the "stealth" wasn't bad enough, its not really stealth. In games like the thief series, you can at least hide bodies and if they are seen, your dead meat! But in Unit 13 it plays a little like this: NOBODY CARES. The gunplay is also very mediocre! Overall, I went into Unit 13 trying my hardest to like it, but with the horrific AI to the repetitive objectives and enemy skins to the sadly BAD stealth, I can say I'm putting this game down FOR GOOD.
    Also, if you got this on the PSN or got it for free from PS Plus, be prepared to find out that for online play... you need to have a pass, or spend money on an add-on that enables it.
    Maybe I would've loved this if I got into the S.O.C.O.M. series, but I didn't so I hate this, and that's final.

1. Feb 20, 2013
    It’s not going to set any new standards in the genre, but it’s a fine foray into the third person shooter genre and proves that this type of game can, and should, exist on the PlayStation Vita.
  2. Apr 17, 2012
    A decent 3rd person shooter, which has repetitive levels and fairly stupid AI. The different types missions are a good idea. [Apr 2012]
  3. Apr 17, 2012
    The co-operative features are silky smooth with great voice chat and not a hint of lag and the inclusion of Daily Challenges keeps the content fresh and constantly evolving. It may not be perfect, but goddamn it's a hell of a lot of fun.