• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Feb 15, 2012
8.3

1. Feb 15, 2012
    I bought Vita only for Wipeout-2048. The circuits are very detailed with steady above 30 fps. The physics engine is the same as Fury-HD on PS3. The visual play looks awesome, the control is steady. However you may dislike the wait cause every time you must wait for 60 seconds long until the initial race-loading completes. The multiplay is sometime interrupted by sudden network connection losts due to authority server out of sync. On Feb 15 2012, the patch 1.01 has been released with improved load time, various bug fixes, and new audio track: Orbital Beelzedub! Expand
  2. Feb 28, 2012
    This game is better than fury, HD and pure without a shadow of a doubt. there aren't as many teams as i would have liked but everything else exceeds my expectations far too much for me to care, plus we never know what DLC is planned, i for one cant wait to find out though. the best thing about the game is how detailed and more engaging the tracks are. i LOVE how there are standard road sections and even puddles on the tracks, it really sets the scene of the beginning years of wipe out and makes the races so much more interesting. worst part... the game crashes a lot, there will be a fix for this though im sure but the game thankfully is good enough to ignore a few crashes here and there. enjoy. Expand
  3. wrh
    Feb 24, 2012
    There are already lots of helpful reviews out there, so I won't go into details. Let me just say that it is more immersive than anything I ever played on a mobile device. Awesome graphics, smooth controls, and a rapid pace - just like with the best console games. I don't understand people who insist on comparing Vita games to 3DS titles....
  4. Jul 8, 2012
    Campaign - Fun, challenging, and sometimes frustrating. There are 3 different parts to the single-player campaign. There is 2048, 2049, and 2050. Each year you go up you face different events and more difficult events, but it can be simple if you use the right ship in the events. There is no story to go along with this, it is simply a tournament. The single-player campaign consist of time trials, staying in zone, racing, and combat. There is a multiplayer campaign as well which is significantly longer than the single-player campaign. In the multiplayer campaign, you play online with other players with the game. I believe this includes playing with PS3 players as well as Vita players since this game has cross-play functionality. The multiplayer campaign mostly consist of combat and racing. In the multiplayer campaign, you are always in a lobby. I prefer this over the single-player campaign. You also can rank up offline. 100/100(A+)

Graphics - Just beautiful. I like these graphics more than the PS3 versions of WipEout. I have notice the framerate drop about two times, but it's not a problem and ever since the last two software updates I haven't seen the framerate drop. It feels like every detail pops at you on the PS Vita's OLED screen. It's arguably the best looking game on Vita thus far. 100/100(A+)

Gameplay - Gameplay is fun and intense. I just wish the Vita had force feedback and I would be completely satisfied. Track designs are great, there are some good sized jumps and shortcuts, I believe they are call Skillcuts in this game because they take skill to enter. Makes full use of Vita's functionality except for the rear pad. For people who like to see how they did, there's replay. You can also pause the game and take pictures. 90/100(A-)

Multiplayer - The multiplayer is great and you can play with PS3 players. There are different game types and I find them fun. I always enjoy myself and so far I managed not to come in last place. It has a little rank system and challenges you can complete. The multiplayer is definitely worth your time. I'm kinda addicted to it. 100/100(A+)

Playing Time/Content: If you have an interest in this game, you will spend hours on it. The single-player campaign will take you at least four hours, multiplayer campaign will take you at least 9 hours, and the multiplayer you can spend hours on end on it. 100/100(A+)

Overall Score: 98/100(A+)

+ Campaigns are lengthy
    + Multiplayer is well put
    + Graphics are as good, if not better than the PS3 versions of WipEout
  5. Mar 6, 2012
    Fantastic Game play! Ive been a fan since the 90's. Love the new skill cuts. The graphics really show off the vitas capabilities. The loading times are a bit slow, but its worth the wait!
  6. Mar 8, 2012
    first of all.. i dont usually enjoy wipeout... the ps3 version was dull and insanely frustrating because of the narrow path. furthermore the combat felt lackluster.

this however is one of the greatest racers i have played for years. especially on a handheld. the amount of polish in this title is magnificient.. small touches like using the back touch to manipulate the sleek menu and
    rotate your ships to look them over gives this game a sense of perfection which not a lot of titles give you.

furthermore the graphics look amazing, even surpassing the ps3 version with beautfiul colors and effects. the tracks are now wider so you can maneouver much more efficiently. weapons dont do much damage in regular races, but they do slow down enemies so that you can catch up... also in a special combat mode you destroy enemies easily and it gets quite frantic as an near out war begins. this mode is very impressive with all the stuff happening at once.. in there the vita hardware really shines. overall this a must have launch title if you are into racing at all.
  7. Jul 31, 2012
    It's WipEout, and it's awesome. The framerate isn't as smooth as I would have liked, but as a trade off this game is gorgeous. In my opinion, its the best looking title currently on the vita. It doesn't have some of the weird graphical oddities that uncharted has (glowing characters, freaky looking eyes and hair) And the background are ridiculously detailed. The visual style of the game is also terrific. Its really interesting to see the tracks look a little less futuristic and more organic. Oh and, overall the sound in this game is incredible. The sound of your ship thundering down the track with bad ass electronic music in the background really amplifies the already tremendous atmosphere in the game. Also, the controls have been refined since pulse and pure on the psp to make the ships feel as if they have a lot more weight to them, which makes the game a lot more fun and authentic (well, as authentic as futuristic anti-grav racing games can be). It's a nice touch to see different classes of ships (speed, fighter, agility, and concept-type crafts), even if you'll most likely only use the speed and fighter ships, and the total number of teams has been reduced. The multiplayers' fun, but its a little bothersome that you only get to choose between race and combat game types between levels. I'm personally not as big of a fan of combat races and straight up racing, and it would be nice to choose beforehand. Other than the lower than hoped framerate and online, this game is just plain awesome. Those minor issues never detract too badly from the rest of this blast of a game. It doesn't reinvent WipEout but the new features and changes it makes to the formula are definatley enjoyable. I also feel I should mention that for an additional 13 dollars or so you can buy all of the content from the ps3 version of Wipeout HD and Wipeout HD Fury, which is HIGHLY recommended. (If you don't have it already, it also purchases the ps3 version of Wipeout HD Fury). Oh and I almost forgot to mention, this is one of the few vita titles that actually has cross-play! Its a little difficult to find a match but its really cool being able to play against people on the ps3. If you own a vita, this is practically a must own! Expand
  8. Aug 3, 2012
    This is the most impressive game for the VIta in terms of graphics. the game runs smoothly and the soundtrack is excellent. The only problem with the game is the long load times but you soon forget that when you are racing. Overall this is a must have game for every Vita owner
  9. Jun 2, 2012
    I originally bought the ps vita only for this game, and i was right to do so. Simply the best Wipeout game to date, in every possible way. This should be a day 1 buy.
  10. Feb 25, 2014
    This is when racing dream come true. Speed of the lightning, nice futuristic visuals, music that kicks and well designed circuits that keep you on toes all the time. If you can handle all that adrenaline, take a seat in the ship.
    3 – 2 – 1 – GO!
  11. May 5, 2013
    Finally a game that really unleashes Ps Vita's potential. The graphics are amazing, the gameplay is challenging (not a common factor in modern releases) and really addicting. The great music selection gives you the boost of adrenaline you need when you're hover-racing at 200 mph on translucent roads. The online gameplay is various and really enjoyable to play with. Deserves a full 10 even because of the attention to detail and the perfect technical realization. Expand
  12. Nov 24, 2012
    I'm a big WipEout fan, so a WipEout game that I can play on the go is must-have for me :) Great re playability, fun tracks and great qHD graphics. Another great thing about W2048 is that we can get a cheap DLC with full Wipeout HD and HD Fury! :)
  13. Nov 15, 2012
    WipEout 2048 is not a perfect game but it's probably the closest thing to perfect on the vita. The game is a great addition to the WipEout series and player can feel right at home whether they played every other game in the series or this is your first try. Unlike HD/Fury, 2048 runs at a constant 30 fps, dumbed down from 60, but still look smooth and graphically smooth. Also for people who previously bought WipEout HD/Fury, or got them for free during the PlayStation Welcome Back program, on the PS3 you get the free DLC that gives you the campaign for WipEout HD and Fury on the go. Sadly like I said 2048 is not perfect, incredibly long loading time and a few crash breaks the ambiance of the game but is all forgivable.
    I give it a 9/10.
  14. Jun 21, 2013
    Easily 10 out of 10. I was never into WipEout but finally decided to give it a try and immediately got hooked. It's probably the game I sank the most time into out of all the vita games.

The graphics are revolutionary for any handheld device so that at times with amazing detail and great anti-aliasing making you forget sometimes that you are playing on a handheld. Without any doubt,
    2048 is the best looking game on the Vita at the moment. Performance is equally great. While not 60fps like WipeOut HD on the PS3, it is locked in at 30fps with just a few rare frame rate drops that only occur sporadically when lots of weapons are fired at the same time. Fortunately, the game knows how to catch up with the action in those situations.

While starting off slow for any beginners, the pace does pick up to make it challenging. Controls work great once switched to the classic WipEout controls scheme.

The only complain I do have is the online campaign (needed to platinum) which takes a long time to complete and is rather monotonous without an option to create a custom race.

There are 10 different tracks available which are all very unique. The DLC content and A+ challenges, prototype races as well as various trophy challenges (like 'beat Zico') ensure that this is the game I come back the most, even after getting the platinum trophy a few months back. Especially with the current price this game is a no-brainer. A real shame that Studio Liverpool has been shut down.
  15. Jun 16, 2013
    I got this game as a part of the PS Plus membership, and I'm really happy with it. The graphics are great, I love the art style, and the music goes well with the fast paced racing and combat. It surpasses both the PSP wipeout games in every way. This game was clearly a passion project.

My only complaint is that a purchase of the online pass is required before being able to buy the HD
    DLC. Not cool. Expand
  16. Sep 10, 2013
    As a launch title for the Vita Wipeout 2048 did a phenomenal job showing what the Vita could have coming for us in the future. With extreme speed and a steady frame rate, gorgeous visuals and lots of both online and offline game modes this game is a easy pick for those who need a great racing game for their Vita.
    The best Wipeout to date!
  17. Feb 28, 2014
    circuits are very detailed with steady 60,HD and pure with the hint of more details for any vita game, despite having online races interrupted by sudden network connection losss due to authority server out of sync. but On Feb 15 2012, the patch 1.01 has been released with improved load time, various bug fixes, and new audio as well for new track: Orbital Beelzedub!y Campaign is Fun, challenging, and but sometimes frustrating. i'm a speed junkie and all. get this game & pick this up. Expand
  18. Jun 16, 2014
    Wipeout 2048 is a cool racing game. It has beautiful graphics and good gameplay. The controls were okay for me on the "Racer" config. The loading takes a bit long time, but it's still good. The game is fun for me, I really enjoy it.
  19. Jul 22, 2014
    This Game is Perfect, I Have this Game since 2012 and I'm still addicted to this Race! The Tracks are very detailed and the Ships are very Amazing! I have no issue about this Game. The DLC is Also Perfect and fix bug where the load Times was to long becomes Short now. In short,its still the Best Racing Game!

1. May 19, 2012
    WipEout 2048 hardly surprises, but it doesn't have to, because the WipEout formula still works very well. A good multiplayer mode, a few smart adjustments and additions alongside the fantastic graphics, delightful soundtrack and superfast and tight gameplay make WipEout 2048 possibly the best launch game for the PlayStation Vita.
  2. Apr 17, 2012
    Fast, fluid and stylish scifi racer. The multiplayer mode works very well. [Apr 2012]
  3. Apr 12, 2012