Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward PlayStation Vita

8.8

1. Nov 9, 2013
    A very interesting game. The plot has many twists and a lot of different outcomes, and all the characters are unique and unpredictible. In my opinion it gets a bit to slow paced though as the dialogues can drag on for eternity it seems without you doing nothing but inhaling tons of information.
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    I'm sorry, but to be real and short this game is:
    1) heavily slow (99% of the time you will read a beeping text)
    2) static (quite nothing moves on the screen) 3) terrible graphics (except for the characters) 4) stupid character design 5) english only with japanese speech versus 6) very interesting plots (the story is the ONLY reason I wan't to go on and finish it all) 7) very well
    I'm sorry, but to be real and short this game is:
    1) heavily slow (99% of the time you will read a beeping text)
    2) static (quite nothing moves on the screen)
    3) terrible graphics (except for the characters)
    4) stupid character design
    5) english only with japanese speech
    versus
    7) very well done voice acting
    8) beautifully realized characters (the only think you can actually watch in this game, expept for their way to dress)
    9) puzzles room are fun and intriguing

That's it: a game with a nice core but terribly presented.
  3. Mar 7, 2013
    I will dispense with reviews of the game itself since there is overwhelming positive comments on the game across the internet and I for one share in them and do like this game very much. I will however give the reasons as to why I recommend the Vita version over the 3ds. I own and have played the Vita version and compared it to my friend's 3ds copy.

1- The vita has superior looking

1- The vita has superior looking graphics. Partly due to the fact the game was designed around the Vita itself, partly due to the superior hardware of the Vita and partly because the Vita version has uncompressed graphics. It looks much nicer on the Vita. The 3ds version has compressed graphics when in comparison don't look nearly as good and if you try to play it in 3d the graphics take a slight dip even further as do all 3ds games. The widescreen aspect of the Vita also helps a lot. The colors are just more vibrant and sharper on the Vita.

2- The sound is better on the Vita. Again it's due to the sound being uncompressed on the Vita while being compressed on the 3ds. It's slight, but noticeable.

3- Game breaking save bug on the 3ds version. The 3ds version of the game in Japan had a bug in it which would destroy your save file and it has carried over into the American game. It's not guaranteed but a lot of people have run into it. If you save your game during certain portions of the game it will corrupt your save and you will have to start all over again. It's been verified by myself and others that the Vita version does not contain this problem.

Other notes- The Vita version has trophy support if you're into collecting them. People have claimed the touch screen on the 3ds is far superior but what they don't understand is you can use a style on the Vita and get the exact same results, a simple and very cheap capacitive stylus works just fine on the Vita touch screen. I personally liked having everything on one screen instead of a split screen. You can take screenshots in the game. You get more save game slots while the 3ds has only one.

All in all this is a great game and worth playing on either system but at the end of the day I cannot see any reason to not play it on the Vita as it is a better experience in every way.

1. Apr 18, 2013
    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward comes with a good plot and many surprise twists, in a storyline influenced by our choices that will lead to 24 different endings. With puzzles that will be a challenge for any player, and belonging to a not-too-common genre, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward will constitute a unique experience.
  2. Mar 13, 2013
    Virtue's Last Reward delivers a great amount of fun. With improved gameplay mechanics and +30h of lifespan, you won't find anything better than Chunsoft's last effort.
  3. Mar 12, 2013
    An amazing storyline for an excellent visual novel that will keep you in suspense for hours.