Brave Fencer Musashi PlayStation

8.5

1. UltimaB.
    Nov 2, 2005
    One of the best short RPGs of all time!!!!
  2. BenC.
    Sep 22, 2004
    Excellent piece of work, one of Square's finest complete with a good story, fun gameplay, and lots of great humour.
  3. Aug 26, 2014
    The first time I attempted to play this game, I gave up within a few minutes. My teenage self did not appreciate the lack of instruction at the beginning and the initial vague story. Lucky for my teenage self, I gave it another go eventually and never came to regret the decision.

There are many great things to say about this game, from the ever increasing selection of abilities you have at your disposal to tackle stronger enemies, to the great story line which pokes fun at the damsel in distress genre. The collector in me cherishes the memory of the comic book shop, and it's subtle jabs at breaking the fourth wall remain in my thoughts today.

The downsides were few; some camera angle problems in certain situations made select portions tricky to complete, but these were very minor issues that are easily overlooked when considering the overall quality of the game.
  4. Jan 21, 2015
    Best RPG forever.....the music,storyline,gameplay,voice actor best 100% , I hope this game will be remade in HD or 3D HD, or Sequel for this game, in this era no one can't beat this best of quality game

1. All said, the nasty, evil puzzles gave me a terrible impression while struggling through the games mid-section, but the last chapter and the game's humor saved it from a dismal grade.
    Everything from the story line to the sword-slashing gameplay is both fun and captivating, launching Musashi into the realm of outstanding PlayStation RPGs with "Final Fantasy VII" and "Breath of Fire III."
  3. It's an incredible game filled with interesting story development, characters and objectives. Squaresoft has produced another winner!