Chrono Cross PlayStation
8.7

1. Sep 8, 2013
    Okay... I'm possibly the biggest Chrono Trigger fan... and let me tell you... Chrono Cross... is NOT a sequel to Chrono Trigger by any means... sure there are a few references... but that' all I seen after playing the game for approx. 5 hours.

So not only does it not have anything to do with the original, but the gameplay itself is nothing like the original either. And the music for the
    basic battle sequences... has to be some of the most annoying music ever. Sure... they did do a few remixes from the original score... and they had a nostalgic feeling to them... but yeah. This was a very poor game in comparison to the original, and I seriously cannot believe the high scores this game received. Just goes to show that you can't always trust reviews...

Final thoughts... I suppose graphics were decent enough, and a few of the remixed songs were ok. But other than that, this game is, and was, complete garbage. I'm only giving it a 1 for the world map which is about the only good thing about the game, and some of the remixed music.
  2. Nov 21, 2012
    Awful story, and story is the most important factor in an RPG. Battle system is just awful. I only played through it simply to play through it, I would not recommend this game to an enemy.

1. It wasn't quite the "Chrono Trigger" sequel most people expected, but it's a magnificent game by its own right. [Feb 2003, p.97]
  2. A beautifully crafted and fresh take on stale RPG gameplay, delivering an experience that rivals "Final Fantasy."
  3. From the incredible story line to the combat system to the great visuals to the overall feel of the game, players will get the sense of how much of an impact a game like this can have.