Chrono Cross PlayStation

8.2

1. DarkS.
    Apr 17, 2003
    This is best rpg of all time!
  2. BenD.
    Jul 26, 2005
    This game is stunning from every aspect. First of all, it features the greatest battle system ever (although it takes a little while to fully understand), an outstanding soundtrack, masterfully done CG cutscenes, and the hands-down best graphics on the PS1. Chrono Cross is one of the few if not the only PS1 game with graphics that will continue to impress gamers no matter how old it gets. This game is stunning from every aspect. First of all, it features the greatest battle system ever (although it takes a little while to fully understand), an outstanding soundtrack, masterfully done CG cutscenes, and the hands-down best graphics on the PS1. Chrono Cross is one of the few if not the only PS1 game with graphics that will continue to impress gamers no matter how old it gets. I didn't like this game quite as much as Final Fantasy VII for reasons that I can't quite explain but it is my second favorite RPG and one of my all time favorite games. Expand
  3. TerryB.
    Jul 11, 2002
    A Pure Masterpeice showing once again, why square is the premiere games developer out there.
  4. SergeW.
    Aug 20, 2003
    I love the game my name is serge and....uh......I JUST LIKE IT OK (lol)
  5. HenrykL
    Jan 2, 2010
    Well, Kubrick would be proud. There is only one thing bad about this game. Replayability , after finishing game there is really nothing more to do. But apart from this , this book its a masterpiece. FF sink down.
  6. DeusM.
    Oct 21, 2002
    Nothing short of great. If you love games where you can get confused as all hell if you think about it too much, but at the same time, watch the little inner stories unfold, then Chrono Cross will satisfy your RPin' hunger.
  7. WendyM.
    Jan 7, 2002
    It is one of the best video games i have ever played!Iwould reccomend it to anyone who likes action RPGs. It is alittle confusing at first, but still fun!
  8. BobM.
    Feb 15, 2002
    This is the best game in the world!
  9. Kamere
    Feb 14, 2003
    The best rpg out to date. A must play game.
  10. MurphyH.
    Jul 6, 2003
    Square has impressed me once again.......the only games I can think of that are better than this are the original Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 7.
  11. JeffM.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Not many sequels are as good as if not better than the first one, this one wasn't as good or better but it was still great.
  12. CH
    Oct 2, 2005
    I loved it!
  13. RonconiG.
    Oct 6, 2005
    I really don't know if I should give a 10 too, probably a 9 would be enough, but this game caught me for hours and hours of intensive playing. The characters, story, soundtrack, everything is just awesome. The graphics look really great, and that for a PSX game. I would highly recommend this game, as it is one of the best RPGs I played, together with FF7 and Xenogears. Big thumbs up.
  14. AliceB.
    Mar 20, 2005
    I could't live without this game it is the best game ever to hit the market!!!
  15. DanS.
    Jan 28, 2007
    This is my favorite RPG, and quite possibly my favorite game of any genre.
  16. DavidC
    Aug 31, 2009
    In the history of games, there has been an unspoken, rarely-recognized rule about how games end up good. The developers need to be passionate about their creation, as well as being masters of storytelling and design, and they need to be given all the freedom they need, so their vision really does come out, instead of being hinted at before the shareholders get antsy. Not every game does In the history of games, there has been an unspoken, rarely-recognized rule about how games end up good. The developers need to be passionate about their creation, as well as being masters of storytelling and design, and they need to be given all the freedom they need, so their vision really does come out, instead of being hinted at before the shareholders get antsy. Not every game does this. Okami did. It is one of the games that converts nearly every person who plays it, so much so that two years after its release, it was ported to the Wii and soon became a greatest hits title on the PS2, and was considered a second time for numerous awards. That's the power of love. Chrono Cross is a game where, if you let yourself be sensitive enough, you can feel the love in every detail, and find it all marvelous to take in. It is a game that manages to have no flaws, unless you consider relaxation to be a bad thing for a game to bring into your life. I won't beat around the Chrono Trigger bush: this game is the best one I've ever played, and I wish I could see more of this kind of art in games. Please, developers, show us how you love your fans like this second dream team did back in 2000. Forget about sales, and just do what you know is right for the game. It's something everyone needs right now. Expand
  17. EliF.
    Jan 25, 2010
    Story, music, visuals, gameplay - every aspect of this game is truly inspired and damn near perfect. The game also strikes a fantastic balance between a strong linear narrative and meaningful player choices, something that few RPGs, Eastern or Western, have matched before or since. Many dislike it for being so different from its beloved predecessor, but if you can accept this game for Story, music, visuals, gameplay - every aspect of this game is truly inspired and damn near perfect. The game also strikes a fantastic balance between a strong linear narrative and meaningful player choices, something that few RPGs, Eastern or Western, have matched before or since. Many dislike it for being so different from its beloved predecessor, but if you can accept this game for what it is, you will realize that it is a brilliant work and valuable asset for those who believe games have the capacity to be art. Expand
  18. HollyB.
    Jun 1, 2003
    First off, I must say that this game is VERY addicting. I love the music! Also, there are plenty of sidequests to keep you busy. Finally, I love how there are multiple endings and how you get a time shifter when you restart the game. Sidenote- Shane, it's "wasted" not "waisted"! Oh, and BTW, this game is not bull!! Why'd you play it if you hated it so much?!?!
  19. RyanM.
    May 9, 2004
    This is seriously one of the greatest games i've played. The story is complicated but if you have any brains at all you can understand it. It seems to me many people who rated this game didn't play it all for Chrono Cross has one of the best story lines there are. Music is beautiful, so are graphics. If you haven't picked up this game and you own a PS, do so right now.
  20. JoeS.
    Aug 13, 2004
    Super game, best rpg ever. involves a complex storyline with enough challenges to keep you busy. Great element graphics along with charecters that are stronger than in most other games. Only downsides are that there arent to many new techniques like double techs, the enemys were kinda weak except for the 3 mystical nights slash flea and ozzy.and they keep your charecter from being to good Super game, best rpg ever. involves a complex storyline with enough challenges to keep you busy. Great element graphics along with charecters that are stronger than in most other games. Only downsides are that there arent to many new techniques like double techs, the enemys were kinda weak except for the 3 mystical nights slash flea and ozzy.and they keep your charecter from being to good by giving them crappy level ups but i loved the game Expand
  21. TimothyR.
    Feb 21, 2005
    Everything about the game is perfect (especially the music).
  22. Joe2
    Feb 8, 2006
    Aside from maybe its predecessor, the most consuming game I've ever played. Beautifully written.
  23. KennyC.
    Jan 11, 2007
    Only one thing can really describe this very enjoyable game, the beauty of it. From the picture to the amazingly composed music, the storyline was just fascinating. I never had a bad experience with this RPG. Don't miss out on one of the BEST RPGS EVER MADE.
  24. AcA.
    Mar 9, 2007
    It rocks! It keeps you guessing and there's a story every corner...I'm kinda lost right now, though, can't find the green dragon.
  25. ChrisR
    Nov 29, 2008
    Simply amazing, even if you play it now. Underrated because Chrono Trigger fans can't accept new directions, even though this is clearly a superior (or equally good, at least) game. Heiled by the creators as their "best RPG creation". I tend to agree with this. Just because there is no Crono doesn't make it any worse. The characters are unique, vast in number and each have Simply amazing, even if you play it now. Underrated because Chrono Trigger fans can't accept new directions, even though this is clearly a superior (or equally good, at least) game. Heiled by the creators as their "best RPG creation". I tend to agree with this. Just because there is no Crono doesn't make it any worse. The characters are unique, vast in number and each have something slightly different to bring. Combat is unique and this game is easily one of the greatest JRPGs in existence (perhaps the best?) - a true masterpiece. Expand
  26. JeffH.
    Aug 28, 2008
    For anyone who has ever played Chrono Trigger and understands it's serene story, Chrono Cross is an absolute indulgence of all thing's wonderful. All of the stories missing pieces fall into place and the player is rewarded with an amazing sequel to a legendary game. This game really does "have it all'; Tons of characters, many different endings, engaging interesting story, For anyone who has ever played Chrono Trigger and understands it's serene story, Chrono Cross is an absolute indulgence of all thing's wonderful. All of the stories missing pieces fall into place and the player is rewarded with an amazing sequel to a legendary game. This game really does "have it all'; Tons of characters, many different endings, engaging interesting story, and a new found respect for wingapedes. :P My only fault with this game is that it was short and that people who are unfamiliar with Chrono Trigger won't understand alot of things. But all in all a very solid sequel and my vote for best non FF7 RPG for the Playstation. Expand
  27. PaulB
    Nov 5, 2009
    Probably the most memorable turn based RPG I have ever played. Battles still stick in my mind 9 years after playing it.
  28. ChrisM
    Nov 9, 2009
    Just as The Wizard of Oz is a classic of film, The Great Gatsby is a classic of literature, and The Beatles are a classic of music, this is a classic of video games. Absolute perfection, and not just as a video game or an RPG. This is perfection of art, period.
  29. TomG.
    Jul 16, 2001
    This game is one of the best RPGs out there, impressive graphics, flawless storyline, and amazing battle system.
  30. LanceF.
    Sep 16, 2001
    It seems hard at first but you will get used to it.

#2 Most Discussed PS1 Game of 2000
#2 Most Shared PS1 Game of 2000

1. GMR Magazine
    It wasn't quite the "Chrono Trigger" sequel most people expected, but it's a magnificent game by its own right. [Feb 2003, p.97]
  2. CheckOut
    A beautifully crafted and fresh take on stale RPG gameplay, delivering an experience that rivals "Final Fantasy."
  3. CNET Gamecenter
    From the incredible story line to the combat system to the great visuals to the overall feel of the game, players will get the sense of how much of an impact a game like this can have.