• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 31, 1998
8.9

1. Dec 1, 2010
  2. Apr 29, 2011
    Essentially one of the funnest platformers on the PS1 -- strike that, it's one of the funnest games on the PS1. Pros: Rich, colorful, and bizarre characters and level design; variety of gameplay; some of the slickest controls in a PS1 game ever. Cons: A little bit of "trial and error" here and there; easy boss bottles; limited level design limits replay value.
  3. Aug 25, 2011
    Very good game. with very good graphics and gameplay.
    One of my firsts game on PSX and i love this. All Crash Bandicoot is amazing series on PSX.
    Seriously i advice this game.
  4. Dec 3, 2010
    Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped is a fun PlayStation game. Building on the previous game Crash 2: Cortex strikes Back, Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped bring a few additions like new vehicle missions and new environments like Ancient Egypt and Arabian Times, to run, spin and jump through. The villain of the game, Dr Cortex is now in big trouble and his booming and displeased boss, Uka Uka, is not happy with him because he keeps losing to the heroic marsupial and now he enlists the help of Dr Nefarious Tropy to help him retrieve the crystals and gems using Tropy's time Twister machine. Crash and Coco now have to recover these crystals from the different time periods and Dr Cortex's minions - who act as boss battles - try to stop them. The game play - for the platform parts - is similar to previous Crash games: You go around in a warp room, completing levels and gathering crystals and gems. This hasn't really evolved a lot but there are powers that Crash can obtain from beating Dr Cortex's minions which can help him with completing the levels. The vehicle sections are nice and definitely add more variety to the otherwise similar game play. These vehicle sections are actually fun like the Hog races where Crash races on a Motorcycle from point A to point B and try to come in first place to earn a crystal. The racing doesn't provide Crash Team Racing thrills and the racing is much simpler but they its nice that they have included them. The Plane levels (One you play as Coco) are fun and involve you destroying blimps or Red Barons and whats funny is when you shoot down one of the enemy planes trying to bring you down, the whistling sound emitted when they start to descend with black smoke pouring out of their destroyed plane is just plain awesome. A good standard plane shooter this is but it is over too quickly. The Jet Ski levels with Coco are a bit too tiresome and boring. A good, helpful addition to the Crash series is that now you can see how many boxes there are in a level (notified by the box counter at the top of the screen when you press Triangle) instead of (like Crash 2) showing how many boxes you've smashed and not showing how many there are in a level so its much easier to know how many boxes are left in a level instead of going towards the end of the level then looking at the boxes needed to smash. A good addition to this game is the inclusion of Time trial events which involve you running through a completed level as fast as you can and when completed in a fast enough time, you are rewarded with a sapphire, gold or platinum relic depending on how fast you got through the level. There are time crates to smash to freeze the time for the allocated number of seconds that it reads on the box (1, 2 or 3 seconds). This adds a little bit of replay value to the game because you can try and try again (you dont lose a life if you die while in Time trial mode) to perfect your run and shave milliseconds off your time. As I said before the platform game play in Crash 3 may be similar to Crash 2 but this is not necessarily a bad thing. The game play is smooth and the controls are perfect and the graphics are really nice and the environments are varied and full of detail. The art direction is inspired: Naughty Dog really captured the look of these different time zones. The water effects in Cocos Jet Ski levels are fluid and look so realistic. The enemy designs are just as imaginative as ever and the death sequences that youre treated to when Crash dies in various ways by touching an enemy or get squashed by repeatedly closing and opening doors only adds to the comedic factor that this game holds. All the platform goodness from the previous 2 Crash games are present in this game with the hilarious enemies you face, the sound of TNT crates ticking down ready to go boom and the music (composed by the same people who did the previous 2) is memorable and fits each of the environments in this game. The bosses are really fun to fight and present a good challenge and also a much more improved final boss battle with *Spoiler* than the last game also presents a tough but satisfying end to the Crash Trilogy. The voice acting is pretty neat especially the dark and gloomy voices of Dr Cortex and Uka Uka. Dr Cortex may be no be as threatening as he was in the last game but he can still packs a mean punch when it comes to personality. Uka Uka however, steals the show for being one of the best antagonist ever with his booming voice and gritty looks. Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped is a fitting end to the Naughty Dog Crash Bandicoot Trilogy and its very sad we will probably never get another Crash game like this again. *Sob* Expand
  5. Dec 2, 2010
    The third time is definatly the charm in the Crash Bandicoot series, as the adventures are bigger and better than ever. Created by Naughty Dog (who developed the previous 2 instalments), Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped takes you to a whole new world. If you've played Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, then you will you find this game is pretty much the same but there are some new features, these include Coco (Crash's sister) becoming a playable character as well as some new moves which you learn as progress further into the game. The game starts off with Crash in a time twister chamber with five different warp chambers, each have five different levels. Some are basic running around and spinning your way through enemies, whilst avoiding bottomless pits, TNT and nitro crates. Other levels require you to ride vehicles like a motorbike, Jet Ski or biplane as well as scuba diving in the deep oceans, or riding a tiger along the Great Wall of China. Each level has a crystal, collect five of these to open up the boss portal. Each boss you defeat gains you a new power and unlocks the gate to the next chamber. These powers can help you to tackle some of the really difficult levels later in the game. There are gems (including five coloured ones) to collect as well which can be obtained by destroying all of the crates or searching in hidden areas. Relics can be awarded as well, these consist of three different colours sapphire, gold and platinum. Sapphires are easy to win, but gold means you are one speedy bandicoot and platinum are only achieved by those who are true masters. Graphically the game has improved over its predecessor and one of the really impressive effects is the water levels, where you can see great reflective waves splashing up and down. According to the developers you can see polygons from a bigger distance than before which creates a unique background. In the future levels for example you can see all buildings and pistons around you, it feels like you are trapped in the middle of a giant city. The music and sound effects are brilliant and each one fits perfectly with each level. Overall great story, great gameplay and great humour make this a fantastic game. Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped is, in my opinion one of the best platform games of 1998. Expand
  6. Jun 14, 2011
    it's the pinnacle of the series. it's a reason to have a playstation. and it's a classic. it's what invented the third times a charm catchphrase. extremely AWESOME.
  7. Oct 10, 2011
    Easily one of the best titles on the PS one to date. Its seemingly flawless graphics and colorful visuals, variety of gameplay and level design, and humor make it one of the most outstandingly fresh games from the 90s.
  8. Mar 19, 2012
    The pinnacle of the Crash Bandicoot series, and my favourite PS1 game. Linear as linear can be, but utterly addictive in its varied dimensions, varied gameplay and spot-on humour. A classic game that still holds up well today.
  9. Mar 30, 2012
    After the excellent Crash Bandicoot and Crash Bandicoot: 2: Cortex Strikes Back, it comes as no surprise that the next instalment in Naughty Dog's flagship platformer series is such an outstanding game. And pretty damn hard one at that - achieving 100% completion is by no means an easy task. Fans of collecting goodies and discovering secrets should be particularly pleased with this game.
  10. May 16, 2012
    Crash bandicoot 3: warped is the third installment in a very successful series. Why Crash Bandicoot and in particular the early games are so fondly remembered is easy to understand: fun! You can play it when you're a kid, when you're an angsty teenager or a cynical adult and still have fun with this game. Character design is great and full of personality and each level shines in its own light. Every area you explore is very characterized, when I was a kid I was blown away by the amazing dinosaur levels. For the time, graphic was superb, and each background music was stuck in my head. Developers tried to make the game less repetitive with different gameplay styles: I don't want to spoil it for you but sometimes you use veihcles. Since the premise of the plot is time travel, different time zones use different settings, designing levels in a creative way. In the end this game is a must-play from the past, it''s very cheap on the psn now so give it a try. Expand
  11. Jan 5, 2013
    One of the best 3D platformers, that I've played. The story is good (and characters even better), gameplay is superb, and music is suitable for every level. A classic, must-have game.
  12. Jan 26, 2013
    After playing this game for countless hours as a kid, I decided to buy this game on my PS3, best decision I've ever made. Everything about this game is fun, the controls are simple but hard to master and the graphics still look as crisp as I remember them. Thank god for Crash Bandicoot.
  13. Jul 11, 2012
    the crash bandicoot series is the best PS one arcade series ever. Fun and challenging when looking to beat the game and collect relics and gems. If you owned a PS one, then im sure you probably played this game.
  14. Mar 2, 2013
    Easily the most entertaining entry in the franchise to date, Crash Bandicoot: Warped is one of the funnest and most visually delightful platformers you'll find from the PSone days. Aside from retaining the "trial-and-error" gameplay and tricky 3-D platforms, the third installment features a variety of enthralling gameplay mechanics and culturally influenced level designs while managing to look good at the same time. For anyone interested in late-90s nostalgia, it's definitely worth its $6 on the PSN. Expand
  15. Mar 23, 2013
    This quite simply is the greatest platformer of all time. It doesn't have the exploration factor that Super Mario 64 did but this game still had more variety. Nice levels, great boss battles, and a finely tuned gameplay that plays perfectly. Anyone who has ever played this will agree with me. It still plays as awesome as it did in 98
  16. Jul 4, 2013
    It's a great game, it is fun to play, the levels are awesome. I have not played this game for a long time, but the PS One has great games, and this third game in the Crash Bandicoot series is an excellent example of the great games that the PS One has. It is true that Naughty Dog has recently made great games like Uncharted and The Last Of Us, but this game will be a game to remember. In terms of gameplay is spectacular, it is challenging, it is a classic of the world of PlayStation. Expand
  17. Aug 19, 2013
    being able to go back to a 1998 game and play it again and again despite today's graphics and level of gaming then this game must be revolutionary and IT IS this is one of the best games ever at the time it has great visuals and amazing level design and the most funny and addictive game play simple one of the best game of the playstation
  18. Oct 1, 2013
    A great classic adventure game. Many awesome looking levels and great bosses. One of the greatest PS1 games of all time. A must play for everyone.
  19. Dec 25, 2013
    One of the best platformers ever released and easily the best Crash yet. Every aspect of the game is better: new moves, levels, bosses, graphics, sound, and gameplay. You will have fun with this game!
  20. May 19, 2013
    Great platformer. IMO its the best Crash Bandicoot game. It has a lot of variety in it like different kinds of game types. I honestly hate the swimming parts but it still adds variety to the game. The racing games are fun. I wish they added more of the racing levels. But all-around this game is the best
  21. Jul 5, 2013
  22. Aug 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love game, is my favorite on PS1, it have my favorite theme time travel I mostly like hidden Warp Room, what you can get when you have 5 relics, i have unlocked all 5 secret levels and i played both secret inlevel-levels. In compare to prequels, is best game! Expand
  23. Aug 30, 2013
    Awesome game. Cool powers to play around with, interesting boss fights, epic levels and a pretty cool soundtrack. A must own for psp/ps1/ps2/ps3/psvita owners
  24. Sep 6, 2013
    This game is dam near close to perfection, if you haven't played crash 3 then what are you doing? Go download an emulator or play it now! There's nothing else that needs to be said.
  25. Oct 12, 2013
    vAbsolutely brilliant. The best platform of all time and I MEAN it.,A classic that still has a special place in my heart. I loved playing this game when I was a kid, and I enjoy playing it on my ps3! Thank you for this masterpiece Sony!
  26. Oct 26, 2013
    best naughty dog of ever
    best ps1 game of ever
    best plataform game of ever
    adictive gameplay, good graphics
    a simple story but very cool
    excellent character with a great performance
    naughty dog...we never forgive you for sell crash bandicoot
  27. Nov 9, 2013
    Best game I've ever played. It has good music in it, really good graphics for being PS1. Nice characters, really funny levels. It is super fun to spent time on this game. I have to replay this game now!
  28. Dec 1, 2013
    Stand aside, Mario. Crash Bandicoot remains one of my personal favorite IPs as he was literally brought up from nothing and is remembered as a fine platformer, with this game to show for it. There are some levels that I'm not too fond of, though: I'm not a huge fan of the swimming levels' controls or the bike racing levels in general, but they're still enjoyable. Despite these minor trifles, this game perfects previous installments in its control, level design, visuals, soundtrack, action-packed and cartoony gameplay, and even adding a bit more with the anger-inducing yet addictive time-trail mode. This is action-platforming at some of its finest. Expand
  29. Dec 16, 2013
    While I absolutely love all 3 classic Crash games this is my favorite as I'm sure most people would agree. The controllers first of all are as smooth as in Crash 2 along with the slide and belly flop. My only real issue with Crash 2 was that the bosses were way to easy which was fixed in this game they are superb. For every boss you are able to defeat you will get power-ups which I will not spoil. This is my favorite game ever! Expand
  30. Dec 18, 2013
    best platformer game ive ever played in my life, this game contains the 60% of my childhood memories, i have to say that mario has nothing to do with the hilarious and badass crash, this game was so funny and the storyline was good, a perfect gameplay, please naughty dog, we want the franchise back, activision is doing nothing to get back crash
  31. Dec 24, 2013
    The perfect crash game with an insane amount of replay ability which every Playstation owner must have at some point in their life, Naughty Dog perfected their franchise on the PS1 and had an amazing level of graphics for the time, with a huge amount of levels and secret levels each with 1 Crystal and or at least one Gem to collect and three separate time trial Relic rewards which make you want to play the level over and over to get the best time which are also needed to unlock the true final ending (there being 3 in total) making you want to keep on going to beat the evil N.Cortex.

Not only is this game for children but also for adults with its difficulty curve starting from the very easy crystal collection to the rising in difficulty gem collection up to the insanely hard Platinum Relic time trial runs, even a veteran of this game/gamer will have difficulty getting every Gem and Relic but it is in no means impossible.

The games mechanics are very solid and a brilliant improvement from its predecessors. There are some jumping techniques they force you to work out on your own or with parts of the more advance levels which you need to work this out to progress but these come with common sense or will be picked up on as you play through the game.

The character design is amazing for the young mind due to it being so imaginative but also relatable to real life animals or their funny names eg. Dr N.Gin. This is also helped by the interactivity between the player and these characters which happens during the player entering a new warp zone/level for the first time bringing nice touch of immersion.
  32. Feb 4, 2014
    An uncanny classic of the playstation having the most exhilerating fun play more and more levels. Crash is sony's super mario bros. I would stay up late to play this joyous game for hours.
  33. Feb 8, 2014
    What do you get if you mix The Furry Subculture with the warp rooms of crash 2 with the perfect music of crash 2 with the perfect controls and graphics of crash 2 you get CRASH BANDICOOT 3 WAREPED. Holy S#$t this game kicks a#$. Everything about it is great i have no complaints with it whatsoever.
  34. Mar 1, 2014
    Before Naughty Dog made compelling story based games, they made awesome platformers like Crash Bandicoot! It's hard to believe this is even made by the same studio sense it's so kid-friendly.
  35. Mar 24, 2014
    My jaw dropped to the floor when I first played the jetski levels, the bike racing tracks, the tiger riding goodness. Each level is exquisitely crafted, the controls are excellent, the graphics are gorgeous. Puts a smile on my face throughout the entire game.
  36. Mar 30, 2014
    (Pt-Br)

o que eu tenho pra falar?
    NADA!!!

Bons gráficos, ótima jogabilidade, soundtrack marcante e claro com nosso personagem favorito Crash, com o humor de crash e o talento da naughty dog este jogo é perfeito
  37. May 9, 2014
    This game is simply perfect. The story is short, but concise and clear, and the premise is spot on. The character models and design are awesome, the level design is beautiful, creative, and immersive, and graphics for its day are objectively top-notch (remember that this was on the PS1!). The controls are tight, and the replayability that the Time Trial mechanic adds will keep you hooked! The variety in the gameplay is outstanding, yet similar enough with itself to remind you that it is all in one game! This game is even a technical masterpiece due to the smoothness of the many engines, and the game runs very well! It is extremely difficult to dislike this game, especially if it is your first time playing - I can guarantee that you will not be disappointed. Expand
  38. May 22, 2014
    Naughty Dog should be proud. They've made one of the best 3D platformers ever made! It's colorful graphics, over-the-top voice acting, and fast gameplay leaves your head spinning for days!
  39. Jul 15, 2014
    All I can say is that if you have not played this game, you are not a gamer. This was the first game I ever owned and it is the best platformer of all time. Mario can shove it up his ass because he's got nothing on crash.
  40. Jul 28, 2014
    Classic platformer, great graphics, 30,000 frames of animation (at least I have heard it has over that sum) and THE best 3D controls for a PS game, whether you use the D-Pad or the Joystick. Only a few action buttons are required to play the game and the control scheme is easy to get a hold for, and to make beating bosses feel even more rewarding than in previous Crash titles, as you can unlock new abilities by killing them. so good. Expand
  41. Aug 8, 2014
    The third installment of the Crash Bandicoot,frankly was the best.With great soundtrack,awesome graphics
    and great playabilitie. 10/10
    Soundtrack-10/10
    Graphics-9/10
    Playabilitie-10/10
    Too bad it was the last true Crash Bandicoot platformer.
    Review-Henry4Dead

1. Easily the best Crash game yet and possibly the greatest platforming title on the PSX yet. Although not as long as the previous games it provides the most bang for the buck!
  2. A wonderfully presented game that truly goes beyond anything you are likely to find in this genre for any system. The sheer brilliance in the level designs and gameplay are sure to keep you coming back for more.
    A drop-dead gorgeous game. The textures are impeccable, the animation's top-notch, and the special effects kick some serious booty.