Crash Bash PlayStation

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 6, 2000
8.3

1. Sep 14, 2011
    Crash Bash is good party game. You can play one vs bots but this is max 5,5/10, this game is good with 1-3 friends. I advice this game Crash fans and people like party games. 7/10
  2. Feb 4, 2014
    Play with friends or else you probably won't be as entertained, and that's where this one flops. You won't play Crash Bash for hours on end like the other Crash games. But if you're kind of drunk and having fun with at least 4 people than go ahead, it will be fun for a while, it's still a cool solid game.
  3. Mar 5, 2014
    Even though this game is not made by Naughty Dog, I never would've guessed it. The characters look exactly like themselves from the main Crash games. The music is unbelievably catchy, just like the original Crash trilogy. The environments and sounds are all still perfect. As for the new, original elements, I have to say, I'm really impressed. First of all, this is one of the VERY FEW gamesEven though this game is not made by Naughty Dog, I never would've guessed it. The characters look exactly like themselves from the main Crash games. The music is unbelievably catchy, just like the original Crash trilogy. The environments and sounds are all still perfect. As for the new, original elements, I have to say, I'm really impressed. First of all, this is one of the VERY FEW games that must have Co-op, and it does (I'm looking at you, Crash "Team" Racing. The AI is kind of annoying though, in some levels, the bots are impossible to beat, while in others, they're a push-over. Like in the Polar Push games and Ballistix games. Most of the mini-games are great fun, while some are a pain in the main game. The pogo games, for example. The only one that's even remotely fun and lively is Pogo-a-gogo. But let's ignore the main game, and focus on the reason this game is a 10 in my eyes. First of all, I don't like how there have to be 4 players, but I guess that's the same problem with Mario Party. On the other hand, if you can get 3 friends playing together, it'll be the most fun you've ever had playing a game together. The competitiveness is unbelievable, because at every moment, a person could wipe out. This will be one of the best games I have ever had. Please play it, or at least get an emulator, a few gamepads, and get on it! Expand
  4. Dec 25, 2013
    So much four-player fun! Pure and excellent party game but awful singleplayer game. It's all about having a bunch of friends over and competing for points.
  5. Jan 6, 2013
    Very fun multiplayer game. Playing alone, not so fun, but still hours of fun. Nice mini games, witty music and I like boss battles. The story is commendable too. Characters are funny and all are very playable.
  6. Apr 28, 2012
    The game value depends on how many friends you have to play this game with. If one or more, the game's fun factor soars through the roof, breaks through the exosphere and goes MIA somewhere in an unknown galaxy. If you're playing alone... yeah, not worth it at all. With that being said, I played this game A LOT with my brother and my friends, and we all had an incredible blast. Hands downThe game value depends on how many friends you have to play this game with. If one or more, the game's fun factor soars through the roof, breaks through the exosphere and goes MIA somewhere in an unknown galaxy. If you're playing alone... yeah, not worth it at all. With that being said, I played this game A LOT with my brother and my friends, and we all had an incredible blast. Hands down the best party game ever created, Wii Sportes be damned. Expand
  7. Aug 6, 2013
    I like game and is best when you play multi-player! It have very colorful graphic, but quite undetailed. Only thing what bugging me, is gem challenges, but thanks to crystal chalenges, game is not that boring anymore except when you play second balls, where have opponents shields
  8. Jan 31, 2016
    Absolute classic, along with all the Crash games on PS1. It had the same feel as the Crash games at the time even though it wasn't developed by the same team, which is pretty impressive.
  9. SkylubberT.
    Mar 7, 2004
    I play this game with my mother, my wife, and my daughter and we are rolling on the floor laughing! How many games have that sort of multigeneration appeal? I place it above Crash Team racing and Mario party for entertainment for all ages. I only rate it a 9 just to leave room for future games. Worst game: ball-bearing hockey games. Best games: box-throwing, Tanks, circle races. Best I play this game with my mother, my wife, and my daughter and we are rolling on the floor laughing! How many games have that sort of multigeneration appeal? I place it above Crash Team racing and Mario party for entertainment for all ages. I only rate it a 9 just to leave room for future games. Worst game: ball-bearing hockey games. Best games: box-throwing, Tanks, circle races. Best comedy: hammering each other instead of the mushrooms, and the characters' reactions when mayhem occurs on many of the games. Expand
  10. RamiW.
    Apr 8, 2006
    This game is so fun that i`ll play it for a week non-stop. Well at least a day.
  11. Joe
    Oct 6, 2003
    It's a cool game but the "Pogo Pandemonium"is not so funny.
  12. JaredC.
    Aug 2, 2007
    A flawed fun game, every level includes entertainment, its non-stop fun.
  13. OdinW.
    Jan 30, 2004
    This game is so cool, but the balloon thing is so bad, 4-Player Pong kicks ass and the 2 player mission is nearly as fun as playing Cookie & Cream...
  14. Niko
    Nov 16, 2005
    This is PURE fun. You gotta have this game for multiplayer sessions with your favorite buddies.
  15. Feb 25, 2016
    This game is a perfect replica of the main Crash theme, from the nice music to the background, this game is most amazing when played with at least 3 people, i grew up on this while i played it with my 2 brothers, it was one of the best gaming experience i had.
  16. Jul 11, 2015
    I remember when I had fun with this game, playing it a lot with my brother. It was one of the few original-disc games I had. I never finished this game, at least not in the past. Recently, however, I managed to complete it, at least the story mode, with a friend.

Not much to say about the plot, it's pretty simple, but fun. The usual contrast between Aku Aku and Uka Uka, a final battle between good and evil, in which will compete in a tournament each with their own followers. Being primarily a party game, there isn't a breathtaking plot but the context works. I was very impressed that, if played in co-op, at the end the game will force the players to fight against each other; I did not expect this, neither I nor my friend.

To be a party game, the gameplay of Crash Bash is fun, but also intelligent and well structured. A party game as it should be. The challenges, which change from room to room, remain almost the same, and only the rules change or some detail, but the game is never boring. The challenge level of Crash Bash is impressive: not a game to be taken lightly, many challenges will test the nerves and reflexes. This is also perhaps, in my opinion, the biggest flaw of the game; the high level of difficulty, which flows into indecency because some challenges, even if difficult, also put players in a position of too high disadvantage. And this leads to frustration several times. But, I must say that even when I was losing and losing, this game has never stopped being fun and I laughed a lot even in the most drastic moments. And this is important: that the game in the end is fun.

Crash Bash is a great game, and without pity some times but it worked how it should. Maybe more party games should be as it is. Of course it is not a great game as the previous Crash games, but it is a lot better than the Crash games came after it.
  17. Jul 4, 2016
    I have very great fond memories playing this game and when I play it now it's a bit flawed but overall it's minigames are very fun and this is great to play with others!
  18. Jul 12, 2016
    Crash Bash is probably the last good spin-off to the Crash Bandicoot series. Even though the game was developed by a different studio, the characters stay true to themselves and you simply can't avoid finding a certain type of minigame that worth turning on your Ps1.

#9 Most Discussed PS1 Game of 2000
#13 Most Shared PS1 Game of 2000

1. CNET Gamecenter
    The problem here is that there are better, more original and inventive party games out there; Crash Bash fails to do anything to put itself ahead of Nintendo's "Mario Party" series, or even match it.
  2. Game Fan
    I, for one, will be giving multiple copies of Crash Bash and multi-taps to family and friends this holiday, and that alone should speak miles on just how addictive and fun this game can be in a multiplayer environment.
    It's not original and it's not deep, but it's packed with tons of silly games and it's a social magnet amongst the geek elite.