Digimon World 2 PlayStation
  • Release Date: May 19, 2001
8.1

1. J98
    Sep 11, 2011
    I just had to review this game, I love it, but it has some major ups and downs.
    To start out you have the Graphics, I'd give them about a 7. At the time ( This is the PS1 generation ) These were pretty nice graphics, with exceptions. As far as game play you're looking at about a 5. The game had some sick nasty looking " Digital Monsters " in it, but the gameplay was slow and boring. You
    select your moves, and wait 5 minutes, pop some pop corn, pass gas, go pee, and jot off a good 4 or 5 text messages. Now you repeat the process.
    As far as the Story, it racks up a 10 for bringing this one home. This game has an amazing story line for those who are patient enough to play through it.
    On it's Re-playabilty I would give it about a 9. There are 3 different team types you can choose, leading to quite different Digimon to have at your command. On top of the fact, that there are so many digimon in general, the team possibilities are outrageous.
    In length I'd give it about a 9 aswell. It's an incredibly long game if you haven't played it before, leading to hours and hours of gameplay, but it gets repetitive if you lack patience, which is what tallies a point from it. I highly reccomend this game to any old time fans, and to those who have lots of patience and don't mind hard work being put into a game.
  2. J98
    Sep 11, 2011
    I just had to review this game, I love it, but it has some major ups and downs.

1. It is time to stop the bleeding, end the time consuming trend of monster training games and demand something better.
  2. The main difference between this and Pokemon is that Pokemon doesn't suck as much. Game play in Digimon World 2 is the equivalent of a snail race.
    Essentially a dull dungeon crawl.