Digimon World 3 PlayStation
  • Publisher: Bandai
  • Release Date: Jun 5, 2002
8.5

1. May 10, 2013
    This is one of the best PlayStation games I've ever played, mainly because the graphics in the game are so well done, even for its generation and year. This was June 5th in 2002, and look at the battle graphics! They look absolutely stunning, and that was on 64-bit PlayStation! Maybe if they were on PS2 they would've looked awesome!

The game does very well at what it tries to do; and

The game does very well at what it tries to do; and why the critics on this site turn this down so badly, I don't know. This is freakin' Digimon! That's basically all there is to say about that!

The game's gameplay is very good; the main world has the main character running from a sort of top-down view that separates it from other RPGs, whilst the battling system is in full 3D. There are only 8 Digimon you can obtain, but each one is intertwined to all the other beast's evolutionary forms in some form. For instance, Veemon can change into Grizzmon (Kumamon's "Champion" form), and Agumon can change into Growlmon (Guilmon's "Champion" form), through leveling up stats, and training them at the Gym.

I don't want to spoil any more of the game, so go try and play it for yourself! You'll be glad you did!
  2. Sep 19, 2014
    Let me start of by saying i think the critics who reviewed the game and all idiots or just bias for some reason or another. most of there reviews are just wrong. i can quote for this own website critics saying things like "Hardcore gamers (young or old) would be wise to ignore the kiddy image and give the game a shot. " and "Profoundly mediocre, the kind of game that only hardcoreLet me start of by saying i think the critics who reviewed the game and all idiots or just bias for some reason or another. most of there reviews are just wrong. i can quote for this own website critics saying things like "Hardcore gamers (young or old) would be wise to ignore the kiddy image and give the game a shot. " and "Profoundly mediocre, the kind of game that only hardcore Digi-fans will like.", and i personally Love this game i remember little about the show. it was ok at best and i got tired of it by season 3. There is also the fact i hate turn base games all together except this one. A giant Map with almost endless playable character options, is why i love the game, but i can quote another siting that state the opposite again, "For a game whose main gameplay component is building up your characters, Digimon World 3 makes the process needlessly complicated and annoying. ". Another thing that makes this game great for us, is the same thing the "critics" hate? looks like long time overdue on new and better critics who might take more than two seconds at a game i have put over 180 hours into. Also in the last passage i sited, him saying about the good music, i find the music annoying and keep it muted, as there was no talking back then (witch i have no problem with) there is no need for the "catchy" style music. The story of this game is great, and purposely different from the show so the two never needs it integrand, unlike something else sited in this page. Last but not lest, "The third time is definitely not the charm", the other two was ok at best and really tiring, this really was the charm, to bad dumb critics like this blew that for you. i would love to see a new 2015 Digimon Online make for real where we can play as digimon, i know this will likely never happen but that is my vote and option. thank you all, hope you enjoyed. Expand
  3. Nov 26, 2014
    Don't listen to the negative reviews. Digimon World is a beatiful and big game, with a smart battle and digivolving system, and also a card game as secondary battle system. In my opinion, it's better than most Pokemon games, and I'm a big fan of both franchises. Give it a try and don't be a hater.

1. The third time is definitely not the charm. [July 2002, p.128]
  2. Profoundly mediocre, the kind of game that only hardcore Digi-fans will like. [June 2002, p.102]
    Despite some impressive world-map graphics and extremely catchy anime-style music, Digimon World 3 disappoints in countless ways.