Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22 PlayStation

• Release Date: Mar 25, 2003
5.6

1. David
    Oct 4, 2006
    As I sat down and played this game that a good friend of mine graciously lent to me for a weekend, it made me think; Why am I sitting here playing this when there is a perfectly good rope in the garage that I can hang myself with.
  2. Hillz
    Jul 7, 2003
    This Game Sucks Azz.
  3. NickR.
    Jun 25, 2003
    This is possibly the worst game I have ever played.
    Jun 3, 2003
    Graphics = Sucky Gameplay = Sucky Strategy = Sucky Overall = Ungodly Terrible Hint: Don't rent, buy or even try this terrible, outdated, ugly game!!
  5. PaulO.
    Aug 8, 2004
    Only for serious DBZ freaks... Street Fighter 2 on the SNES played and looked better than this. Not to mention... The fighting in that game requred about ten times as much strategy as this one does. Once again, you'd really better like Dragon Ball Z if you're going to play this.
  6. JayD.
    Oct 27, 2003
    This game isnt all that great. very bad graphics, bland gaming, definatly the worst DBZ game!!!!
  7. BranV.
    Aug 16, 2003
    (crying) AHHHHHHHHHH! terrible (more crying)
  8. VeryUnhappy
    Aug 22, 2003
    I can't believe I paid 20$ for this crap.
  9. JamesL.
    Dec 31, 2003
    This game is quite possibly one of the worst games ever made. Graphics are absolutely horrendous. The character sprites were actually lifted from previous DBZ games from the SNES, and the background is simply the worst. Compare this piece of trash and SFII from the SNES and SFII will have better graphics. Music is so horrible your ears will bleed and don't even get me started on This game is quite possibly one of the worst games ever made. Graphics are absolutely horrendous. The character sprites were actually lifted from previous DBZ games from the SNES, and the background is simply the worst. Compare this piece of trash and SFII from the SNES and SFII will have better graphics. Music is so horrible your ears will bleed and don't even get me started on gameplay. If you really need to play an old fighting game play SFII again. Expand
  10. Jul 10, 2011
    Not a cool fighter, is very unfulfilling in every way, the awkward control are a mess. The idiot character movement feel stupid. Not even fan of the series will love this.
  11. Jan 15, 2013
    Bad game.. 3d backgrounds look awful, animated character intros are horrible, too. Game is slow, doesn't feel like Dragon Ball Z at all. Only good thing about this game is sound/music, and the opening.

1. Outdated graphics, an unfriendly (but ultimately bearable) control scheme and a shockingly bad (i.e. incomplete) localization make Ultimate Battle 22 the lesser alternative to “Budokai."
  2. The control is stiff and imprecise; and the number of gameplay modes is pathetic. [June 2003, p.105]
  3. I have seen NES games that look better than this game.