Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22 PlayStation

• Release Date: Mar 25, 2003
4.9

1. EthenB.
    Jun 30, 2004
    This game rocks the combos are the best especially gogetas combo.
  2. JudenskyC.
    Apr 13, 2003
    This game is mad hot.
  3. TrunksM.
    Aug 14, 2005
    This game totally rocks.Its the best game i ever played.If you don't like it BITE ME...
  4. DellS.
    Sep 8, 2006
    I have played this game about ten years ago. I am a huge fan of Dragonball Z and remember playing it some ten years ago. Got it for about $2 and must say this game is good for short bursts for the fan of dragonball. I don't know, I love this game!
  5. SonGoku
    Nov 20, 2003
    Damn this game rocks!!! are you people nuts?
  6. Blueboykid
    Nov 3, 2004
    This game is good i like it cause i beat the computers and my friends every time with a kamehameha with gohanetc. and shine shine missile with gotenks.
  7. ThomasB.
    Dec 18, 2003
    This Game Rocks!!! If u dont like it, it is because u suck at it!
  8. David
    Oct 4, 2006
    As I sat down and played this game that a good friend of mine graciously lent to me for a weekend, it made me think; Why am I sitting here playing this when there is a perfectly good rope in the garage that I can hang myself with.
  9. Hillz
    Jul 7, 2003
    This Game Sucks Azz.
  10. PauliusP.
    Apr 15, 2004
    This game is totally awesome.
  11. NickR.
    Jun 25, 2003
    This is possibly the worst game I have ever played.
    Jun 3, 2003
    Graphics = Sucky Gameplay = Sucky Strategy = Sucky Overall = Ungodly Terrible Hint: Don't rent, buy or even try this terrible, outdated, ugly game!!
  13. PaulO.
    Aug 8, 2004
    Only for serious DBZ freaks... Street Fighter 2 on the SNES played and looked better than this. Not to mention... The fighting in that game requred about ten times as much strategy as this one does. Once again, you'd really better like Dragon Ball Z if you're going to play this.
  14. JayD.
    Oct 27, 2003
    This game isnt all that great. very bad graphics, bland gaming, definatly the worst DBZ game!!!!
  15. BranV.
    Aug 16, 2003
    (crying) AHHHHHHHHHH! terrible (more crying)
  16. VeryUnhappy
    Aug 22, 2003
    I can't believe I paid 20$ for this crap.
  17. JamesL.
    Dec 31, 2003
    This game is quite possibly one of the worst games ever made. Graphics are absolutely horrendous. The character sprites were actually lifted from previous DBZ games from the SNES, and the background is simply the worst. Compare this piece of trash and SFII from the SNES and SFII will have better graphics. Music is so horrible your ears will bleed and don't even get me started on This game is quite possibly one of the worst games ever made. Graphics are absolutely horrendous. The character sprites were actually lifted from previous DBZ games from the SNES, and the background is simply the worst. Compare this piece of trash and SFII from the SNES and SFII will have better graphics. Music is so horrible your ears will bleed and don't even get me started on gameplay. If you really need to play an old fighting game play SFII again. Expand
  18. Jul 10, 2011
    Not a cool fighter, is very unfulfilling in every way, the awkward control are a mess. The idiot character movement feel stupid. Not even fan of the series will love this.
  19. Jan 15, 2013
    Bad game.. 3d backgrounds look awful, animated character intros are horrible, too. Game is slow, doesn't feel like Dragon Ball Z at all. Only good thing about this game is sound/music, and the opening.
  20. Apr 4, 2014
    This **** game oh this game. This is the best game i have ever played in my entire life. **** the street fighters **** the mortal combats this game was sent to earth by god.
  21. Nov 24, 2015
    5 because, for me, it has a very high nostalgic factor, but should definetly be less. Soundtrack is cool and the graphics is nice, keeping in mind that in Japan this came out in 1993.
    The gameplay is waaay too flawed
  22. Mar 19, 2017
    Not the best fighter on the system but it's still a solid game for Dragon Ball Z fans. If you own the original Playstation and you can find it going cheap then it might be worth a pick up.
  23. Mar 26, 2017
    Bought it right when it came out. I desperately wanted to love it.

But it's garbage. I made myself play it because of the characters that are represented, but the game itself is a mess.

1. Outdated graphics, an unfriendly (but ultimately bearable) control scheme and a shockingly bad (i.e. incomplete) localization make Ultimate Battle 22 the lesser alternative to “Budokai."
  2. Game Informer
    The control is stiff and imprecise; and the number of gameplay modes is pathetic. [June 2003, p.105]
  3. I have seen NES games that look better than this game.