Driver 2 PlayStation

7.7

1. Oct 12, 2016
    Driver 2 is fun...but it's not as good as the original....I prefer the maps this time around but the overall gameplay is not as good as Driver 1. Graphics have received a downgrade but the FMVs have improved. Getting out of your car feels more like a gimmick more than a gameplay mechanic. Music isn't as good, but the cars are more varied this time and you can go to cities outside of theDriver 2 is fun...but it's not as good as the original....I prefer the maps this time around but the overall gameplay is not as good as Driver 1. Graphics have received a downgrade but the FMVs have improved. Getting out of your car feels more like a gimmick more than a gameplay mechanic. Music isn't as good, but the cars are more varied this time and you can go to cities outside of the USA! So while Driver 2 doesn't have the charm of Driver 1, It definitely has the heart. Expand
  2. Sep 9, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I played through v1.0 and I'm not sure if the 1.1 (silver disk) is a lot easier, but at times this game isn't necessarily difficult- it's just flat out silly. That said, the new difficulty rating should be "Luck Based". The example for this game that would rate it as such would be the "Chase the gunman" mission. It's one percent skill and ninety nine percent luck. I'm not the best at video games but I'm certainty competent, and the fact that (forgot how many attempts; possibly around one hundred) the run in which I passed the mission included two sloppy turns and a bump into a wall, where as a majority of runs before had been nothing but perfect turn angels with minimal speed loss, just shows how luck based that mission is. Not to mention, every contact made with the target vehicle is a coin flip(with the odds being greatly against you) on if you'll bounce off like a ping ball or not. Honestly, this mission makes "The Presidents Run" look like child's play. This mission was beyond rng, it's a mission that's equated to playing a slot machine. A lucky few will hit the jack pot in a few pulls, where as the rest will only win when the planets line up, the sun flares, and a lucky meteorite passes by all at the same time.

That is all. Good day to all.
    May 25, 2002
    Like a terrible version of GTA3. If you're a fan of the original driver, you should try it out, but you may be disappointed.
  4. Gods_Grl
    May 9, 2002
    The graphics are REALLY bad, but the game is awesome!
  5. Gamerforthemass
    Nov 15, 2004
    I am writing this at the time that driver 3 has hit the shops and proved to be a bigger hit although the series is big anyway ! The first game was great dispite now you know that the game has got better with the tech. we have in gamming . Driver2 has the adventage of getting out the car and walking around with a very skinny tanner which would like like he would not say boo to a goose ( I am writing this at the time that driver 3 has hit the shops and proved to be a bigger hit although the series is big anyway ! The first game was great dispite now you know that the game has got better with the tech. we have in gamming . Driver2 has the adventage of getting out the car and walking around with a very skinny tanner which would like like he would not say boo to a goose ( its a old saying ) now he has made a come back three years after the 2nd game and we are glad to wait for this game as so far i carn't fault it ..even the loading is short and you are met by great graphics in the menu and in the game and we are getting such a great game each time the new one comes out . We have altryed to drive a bus or a car in the correct way but we al have had that rush to just hit the x button or A i think for x-box even space bar for the pc game and just drive !!! - so be good be bad be tanner . Expand
  6. KarlD.
    Jan 4, 2002
    Not as bad as some critics say, because sometimes it is quite enjoyable. It is also difficult at times, the missions are cool. The graphics are horrible and the gameplay is quite good. For me, an above average game which fans of the original should not miss.
  7. BelsantyQ.
    Sep 27, 2002
    It's alright.
  8. NealS.
    May 31, 2006
    I was a huge fan of the original Driver even though the missions began to get a little montonous, but Driver 2 seems to have bumped up the action in the wrong direction. Minor crashes make your car spin out as though side-swiped by a nuke! The driving game in Chicago or Havana is impossible - hence not as much fun - since a minor crash sends the car spinning while the lead car reaches I was a huge fan of the original Driver even though the missions began to get a little montonous, but Driver 2 seems to have bumped up the action in the wrong direction. Minor crashes make your car spin out as though side-swiped by a nuke! The driving game in Chicago or Havana is impossible - hence not as much fun - since a minor crash sends the car spinning while the lead car reaches what seems to be mach 5! It appears the programmers have tried to take the difficulty level up a notch, when what they really did was take the fun down one. Expand
  9. PhoenixS.
    Nov 19, 2002
    While it has a lot more features than the original, and would be much better, there is one very small thing that almost succeeds in destroying it, and does place it several nutches below the original. They didn't include any way of turning the frickin' auto-handbrake off. And while it's possible to compensate for this, it's annoying as hell.

#7 Most Discussed PS1 Game of 2000
#6 Most Shared PS1 Game of 2000

1. CNET Gamecenter
    From the grindingly slow frame rate to the in-your-face pop-up to the time you spend racing through empty streets, the game misses on every count that matters. Don't even bother renting it.
  2. Nearly as enjoyable as the original. Despite all the frustration, I kept returning for more of the Wheelman's exciting life. Tanner is certainly "da man"!
  3. Everyone who liked the first game is going to love Driver 2- - the new types of missions, cities, and gameplay features, as well as a fantastic, original story, make Driver 2 a winner.