Final Fantasy Anthology PlayStation

8.1

1. OedoC.
    Oct 9, 2005
    If all you're looking for over the top special effects and flashy graphics, then move along. If, however, you are a little less shallow then by all means, buy this.
  2. DP
    Nov 14, 2004
    You must own these games for their great music!
  3. JustinB.
    Jun 23, 2004
    This is a must have for hard-core RPG gamers!
  4. Jul 1, 2015
    Game: Final Fantasy Anthology
    Genre: RPG
    Developer: Squaresoft System: Playstation (PSX) Total Score: 89/100 Value Score: 8.9/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 9.5/10 • GamePlay: 8.5/10 • Graphics: 8/10 • Sound: 9/10 • Music: 10/10 • Length: 8/10 • Replay Value: 6.5/10 • Player Value: 9.5/10 -Grinding is still a major issue in FFV -Loading times are bad due to the
    Game: Final Fantasy Anthology

• Music: 10/10
    • Length: 8/10
    • Replay Value: 6.5/10
    • Player Value: 9.5/10

-Grinding is still a major issue in FFV
    -Loading times are bad due to the porting from cartridge to CD for FFV
    --No New In-Game Content for FFVI
  5. Jun 16, 2016
    I have to say, I am impressed. These games have massive amounts of content with a normal playthrough requiring quite a deal of time to complete. Diverse characters, awesome unique abilities, long, long, looooong list of weapons, spells, enemies, etc., **** set-pieces (cheers to you, opera house sequence), and cool bosses all without disappointing in the story department. Had a blast withI have to say, I am impressed. These games have massive amounts of content with a normal playthrough requiring quite a deal of time to complete. Diverse characters, awesome unique abilities, long, long, looooong list of weapons, spells, enemies, etc., **** set-pieces (cheers to you, opera house sequence), and cool bosses all without disappointing in the story department. Had a blast with my playthroughs. If I had to pick a gripe it would be the grinding (which is pretty standard for an RPG) and the tendency for the dialogue to be a bit childish at times, at least during the first half of the games.
    Lots to enjoy for you rpg fans out there.
  6. Dec 16, 2016
    FFVI is the first RPG I ever played and still remains one of my all times faves (SNES). I played FFV many years later, so I wasn't able to fully appreciate it for what it was at the time. That said, anyone who loves RPGs need to play both.
    The anthology had a few issues, but nothing major. The new FMVs were absolutely incredible. The core games remained untouched. As it should be.
    Separately I'd give FFVI a 10 and FFV a 7 or 8. FFVI is so good it demands the highest score possible.

#19 Most Discussed PS1 Game of 1999

1. GMR Magazine
    We're not exactly sure how two games out of a series of nine constitutes an "anthology," but they're good games nonetheless. [Feb 2003, p.97]
  2. It is better than "FFVII" and "FFVIII." In fact, it may be the best PlayStation RPG out there.
    Since I'd only played FFVI and not FFV, I was completely taken by surprise by how deep and involving every aspect of the game was. From the highly addictive Job System to figuring out how to equip my Mime, I really enjoyed this game for the full 40-plus hours it took to beat it.