Final Fantasy Anthology PlayStation

9.0

1. OedoC.
    Oct 9, 2005
    If all you're looking for over the top special effects and flashy graphics, then move along. If, however, you are a little less shallow then by all means, buy this.
  2. DP
    Nov 14, 2004
    You must own these games for their great music!
  3. JustinB.
    Jun 23, 2004
    This is a must have for hard-core RPG gamers!
  4. Jul 1, 2015
    Game: Final Fantasy Anthology
    Genre: RPG
    Developer: Squaresoft System: Playstation (PSX) Total Score: 89/100 Value Score: 8.9/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 9.5/10 • GamePlay: 8.5/10 • Graphics: 8/10 • Sound: 9/10 • Music: 10/10 • Length: 8/10 • Replay Value: 6.5/10 • Player Value: 9.5/10 -Grinding is still a major issue in FFV -Loading times are bad due to the
    Game: Final Fantasy Anthology

• Music: 10/10
    • Length: 8/10
    • Replay Value: 6.5/10
    • Player Value: 9.5/10

-Grinding is still a major issue in FFV
    -Loading times are bad due to the porting from cartridge to CD for FFV
    --No New In-Game Content for FFVI
  5. Jun 16, 2016
    I have to say, I am impressed. These games have massive amounts of content with a normal playthrough requiring quite a deal of time to complete. Diverse characters, awesome unique abilities, long, long, looooong list of weapons, spells, enemies, etc., **** set-pieces (cheers to you, opera house sequence), and cool bosses all without disappointing in the story department. Had a blast withI have to say, I am impressed. These games have massive amounts of content with a normal playthrough requiring quite a deal of time to complete. Diverse characters, awesome unique abilities, long, long, looooong list of weapons, spells, enemies, etc., **** set-pieces (cheers to you, opera house sequence), and cool bosses all without disappointing in the story department. Had a blast with my playthroughs. If I had to pick a gripe it would be the grinding (which is pretty standard for an RPG) and the tendency for the dialogue to be a bit childish at times, at least during the first half of the games.
    Lots to enjoy for you rpg fans out there.

#19 Most Discussed PS1 Game of 1999

1. GMR Magazine
    We're not exactly sure how two games out of a series of nine constitutes an "anthology," but they're good games nonetheless. [Feb 2003, p.97]
  2. It is better than "FFVII" and "FFVIII." In fact, it may be the best PlayStation RPG out there.
    Since I'd only played FFVI and not FFV, I was completely taken by surprise by how deep and involving every aspect of the game was. From the highly addictive Job System to figuring out how to equip my Mime, I really enjoyed this game for the full 40-plus hours it took to beat it.