9.0

1. Mar 13, 2015
    Game: Final Fantasy Chronicles
    Genre: RPG
    Developer: Squaresoft System: Playstation (PSX) Total Score: 93/100 Value Score: 9.3/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 9/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 10/10 • Length: 8/10 • Replay Value: 7/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Everything that made the original Final Fantasy IV great +The hard type
    Game: Final Fantasy Chronicles

• Music: 10/10
    • Length: 8/10
    • Replay Value: 7/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Everything that made the original Final Fantasy IV great
    +The hard type difficulty of the original Japanese version on SNES is implemented
    +Includes Bestiary, Sound test and cutscene viewer for Chrono Trigger
    +Includes animated cutscenes for Chrono Trigger
    +Comes in 2 discs which is great for collectors

Cons
    -Saving/Loading times due to the porting job from FFIV SNES data to FFIV Chronicles PSX data
    -No New In-Game Content
  2. JonathanC.
    Nov 2, 2001
    I love to play rpg's. I have played all the Final Fantasy games and many other rpgs that I love. Up until a couple weeks ago, I had never played Chrono Trigger. I just finished beating it. It broght me to tears, it was incredible. Another Squaresoft masterpiece!!
  3. BrettY.
    Mar 27, 2005
    I think that Chrono Trigger is AWESOME, but my personal belief is that u should purchase FF:C for FFIV. I am the biggest FFIV fan ever, this is the greatest package ever!
  4. BenB.
    Aug 26, 2001
    These games are classic and are a must-have for any hard-core RPG gamer. The old skool graphics may turn graphics geeks off, but the plots and new features more than make up for the loading times that were non-existent in the SNES versions that the games first came out on.
  5. ArnoldT.
    Sep 12, 2001
    These are arguably the best games around!!
  6. JeffM.
    Nov 4, 2004
    If FF7 had never been made Chrono Trigger would reign as king, along with it's son Prince Chrono Cross. I loved this game, it had one of the best musical scores of any game out there, it had great characters & a wonderful storyline, I particularly liked Magus.
  7. ChronoTrigger
    Sep 26, 2004
    Chrono Trigger is the best game evr. Then you add in FFIV and extra features. RPG goodness.
  8. AndrewE.
    Jul 14, 2001
    These games were really good. I bought it for Chrono Trigger and played it first. Since I play it on my PS2 I can't really say anything bad about it. Except in FF4 some of item names have changed and the dialogue makes it look a bit cheesy. Chrono Trigger, however, has no glitches and has new amazing animated cutscenes that are great.
  9. MuguG.
    Jul 25, 2001
    "Chrono Trigger" is like the best game ever made, and I remember saying 'wow' at the graphics way back then, and "FF4" was arguably just as good. If you have never played them before you should probably try it, and for the hardcore gamer who remembers it although its changed a little, its for the better!
  10. DavidS.
    Apr 28, 2002
    Tinkering with Final Fantasy IV's dialogue has transformed one of the Super Nintendo's most cherished role playing games into a classic.

1. A true blast from the past that earns classic status in this reviewers eyes. Please do yourself a favor and live or relive some of the finest moments in videogame history.
    Chrono Trigger alone would get a 10 here for its multiple endings and End Game+. Then you add in FFIV...
  3. Good RPG’s are few and far between and while those addicted to eye-candy might not be as interested in these titles, they are fantastically addictive while maintaining a good plot and well-established battle systems.