Final Fantasy IX PlayStation
9.1

1. ShaunT.
    Nov 11, 2005
    Worst one of the entire series.
  2. Kevin
    Mar 24, 2006
    This game was very dissapointing. The music was good, and so were the graphics, but the story and gameplay were all just too...done! It seemed like Spuare tried to combine FFVII and FFVIII into one game. With all of the "child" looking characters, it jut reminded me of the FFVII characters. And it seemed to follow FFVIII's theme of love. I did, however, rather enjoy the use of the This game was very dissapointing. The music was good, and so were the graphics, but the story and gameplay were all just too...done! It seemed like Spuare tried to combine FFVII and FFVIII into one game. With all of the "child" looking characters, it jut reminded me of the FFVII characters. And it seemed to follow FFVIII's theme of love. I did, however, rather enjoy the use of the chocobo's in this game, but all of the other mini-games and side-quests were just plain boring. The story was way to predictable, and the game was way to easy to beat. You could beat the final boss with ease at level 50(which is not hard to get to). If it weren't for the fact that Square tried to make this game for younger kids, and made it more...mature, this game would have been much greater. Expand
  3. JustinDeC.
    Mar 16, 2005
    Not a really good game to play.
  4. LukeB.
    Aug 16, 2002
    Boring and cutesy as crap. Gimme a break.
  5. Jul 12, 2011
    wow im amazed this got so many positive reviews . this is the first FF game in the series i did not care for . the cutesey moronic graphic style really turned me off but i plodded through and beat the game . the story didnt do much for me eather even though Vivi was kinda intresting not much about what was going on hooked me. im tryin to remember the story more since its been 10 years orwow im amazed this got so many positive reviews . this is the first FF game in the series i did not care for . the cutesey moronic graphic style really turned me off but i plodded through and beat the game . the story didnt do much for me eather even though Vivi was kinda intresting not much about what was going on hooked me. im tryin to remember the story more since its been 10 years or so since i beat this . i do remember how freekin annoyed i was about the back attacks and the pincer attacks which i swear to god happend like 50% of the time . i kid you not i do remember i had that happen 13X in a ROW.and just wanted to spike my controller into the TV. then your main charicter looks like a metrosexaul monkey which i just hated how he looked and him personally . about the only possitive thing is you can have 4 players in your party . i really dont even know how or why i finished this game . my guess was that it was sqaure at the time who back then almost every RPG they made was GOLD . this certainly is not. Expand
  6. Apr 4, 2011
    Ever wondered what would happen if Square added 3D graphics and limit breaks to FFIV? FFIX would happen. Square basically took all the worst things from the older games, added some of the newer features, and laughed when people actually bought this trash.

Old features include things such as a lack of customization, plot tropes, shallow character archetypes. New features include limit

New features include limit breaks, a half-assed clone of the FFVIII card game, minigames, good graphics.

FFIX is just an attempt to cash in on the older fans, nothing more. Even if you like 1-4, don't bother with this garbage.
  7. MorganF
    Mar 10, 2009
    Boring, boring, boring. The plot is so shallow that makes you doubt your intelligence, the gameplay makes you want to cut your hands ang the graphics sucs. It is the most overrated game ever. I want my spended hours back!

1. The crystals return to the series, along with a four-member party, blue magic, and black mages. [Feb 2003, p.97]
  2. Continues the series' long-standing tradition of quality in one of the most compelling RPGs ever. This is the last Final Fantasy game that will appear on the PlayStation, and SquareSoft has definitely saved its best for last.
  3. A masterpiece of an adventure game. For anyone not to fall in love with it would truly amaze me. Everything is set just right and you are drawn into the story right from the very offset.