Final Fantasy Origins PlayStation

8.0

1. BrennanL.
    Jun 30, 2003
    Hmmm....it's okay FF2 is a little cheesy and the graphics aren't PS1 qaulity & FF1's story is lousy but overall it's good but only for Final Fantasy Hardcores like me.
  2. Jan 4, 2015
    Playing Final Fantasy I again felt like I was getting to play a great piece of history. Really enjoyed it after having not been up to the challenge when I was a wee little one.
    Final Fantasy II on the other hand, I couldn't get into it at all. Something about the graphics where just so completely ass ugly to me.
    A must have for Final Fantasy fans, especially if you love the 2D games.
  3. Dec 28, 2016
    This review is for FF1.

Pros: - Remastered sprite looks great - Despite being a NES game, still holds up pretty well - Magic system is unique and pretty fun - OST is incredible - You get to name your characters! - Revisions on the original that keep the classic difficulty while making it less annoying to actually play Cons: - Very unbalanced with the classes - Terrible
    This review is for FF1.

Pros:
    - Remastered sprite looks great
    - Despite being a NES game, still holds up pretty well
    - Magic system is unique and pretty fun
    - OST is incredible
    - You get to name your characters!

Cons:
    - Very unbalanced with the classes
    - Terrible dungeon design.
    - Random encounter rate is way too high and uneven
    - As with many NES games, sometimes it is too difficult to find out what to do next

True Score: 7.6

#1 Most Discussed PS1 Game of 2003

1. GMR Magazine
    For those who are just curious, it might not be worth your time, but with teh Amano art gallery, an Easy mode for "FFI," and other improvements, the old school will be pleased. [Mar 2003, p.65]
  2. Game Informer
    The sound is excellent and the music consists of lovely tunes typical of the series. [Apr 2003, p.85]
  3. This compilation’s been given enough bells and whistles (unlockable art gallery, redesigned interface, prettier graphics, remastered soundtracks, CG intermissions, etc.) to appeal to a whole new generation of gamers weaned on the series’ trademarked formula of turn-based battles and high-quality (for their time) production values.