9.1

1. AndrewW.
    May 30, 2003
    For gamers who really want a great lesson in the history of games, there is no better. The 2 games still hold up despite there age and are a welcome addition to any RPG fans game library.
  2. WakkoMan
    Apr 27, 2003
    this was great. the improved graphics, the updated names of the monsters made this feel like a a more modern version of this great classic.
  3. WadeF.
    May 1, 2003
    Final Fantasy was awesome when it came out in 1990 on NES and that hasn't changed. The new graphics are sweet and the changed dialog is good too.
  4. FrankL.
    May 8, 2003
    Final fantasy origins was one of the best games ive ever played and the story lines for this game is so good you would want to play it over and over again. I think anyone would enjoy this game. But there was one thing i was upset about. They should of ff3 on there to because ff3 was a good game also.
  5. ChrisD.
    Apr 18, 2003
    Final Fantasy, the words make some salivate, however with some of the horrors brought to the 3D world, and borish predictability of the story lines, it is nice to see the original FF. Graphically, FFO is upgraded to perfection, the SNES style FF were perfect, FF3, need I say more? FF1 was so predictable and standard, buy still fun to play through. FF2 was pure joy, with the reminiscent Final Fantasy, the words make some salivate, however with some of the horrors brought to the 3D world, and borish predictability of the story lines, it is nice to see the original FF. Graphically, FFO is upgraded to perfection, the SNES style FF were perfect, FF3, need I say more? FF1 was so predictable and standard, buy still fun to play through. FF2 was pure joy, with the reminiscent story of FF7, and a levelling system abandoned by all poser RPGs, upgrading by experiencing. In a unique balancing act, created long before the balancing of weapons in Vagrant Story, FF2 is just plain fun, while FF1 took arduous hours of terror, FF2 was a pleasant change and hard to stop playing. All together a solid game and all FF players should experience it. Newbies to RPGs should try it out to see the fun and horror of playing, and the thousands of random battles. Expand
  6. IanS.
    Jun 29, 2003
    All there is to say is WOW!
  7. JordanD.
    Jun 6, 2003
    It was 10 years ssince ive played FF! but when i did it all came back to me. The is the games that started it all. so i give it a 10 out of 10.
  8. DonnyV.
    Jun 6, 2003
    I grew up playing the original FF1 and FF2. I wanted to play the same thing I played to what when I grew up playing.
  9. NickW.
    Aug 2, 2004
    This game is excellent (or more correct, These GAMES.) I go to many places on the internet and read how everybody doesnt like to play either one of these becuase of their outdated graphics. My news to you guys: GET OVER IT! The graphics for this game were incredible back when it was created (1990 I think, not sure though.) The Sound quality is excellent and so are the cinematics. The This game is excellent (or more correct, These GAMES.) I go to many places on the internet and read how everybody doesnt like to play either one of these becuase of their outdated graphics. My news to you guys: GET OVER IT! The graphics for this game were incredible back when it was created (1990 I think, not sure though.) The Sound quality is excellent and so are the cinematics. The "Collections" Feature also provides for a better and more challenging game experience. Expand
  10. CodyA.
    Oct 14, 2003
    Truly a landmark for all late comers of the Final Fantasy Series, Final Fantasy 1: short but sweet, addictive, and a good replay value to use diff party combos.
  11. PAULR.
    Oct 16, 2003
    This game is a 10! I grew up in the heyday of 8 bit nintendo and LOVED the first final fantasy. It has a great story and plot. The fact that the graphics have been updated make this game even more KILLER!! As for FF2, EVERYONE into RPG's should experience this game!!! I played this with the 8 bit graphics even though it wasnt available in the US until now on a PC emulator and it This game is a 10! I grew up in the heyday of 8 bit nintendo and LOVED the first final fantasy. It has a great story and plot. The fact that the graphics have been updated make this game even more KILLER!! As for FF2, EVERYONE into RPG's should experience this game!!! I played this with the 8 bit graphics even though it wasnt available in the US until now on a PC emulator and it RULED!! NOw that the graphics have been redone on this one too, it makes the game about 50 times more enjoyable if that is even possible! Truly one of the greatest storylines in the series. NOONE should pass up the opportunity to pick this up and experience these games, especially the younger crowd that was weaned form FF7 and up. THESE ARE REAL RPG'S and all true fans will appreciate their worth and magnitude to gaming in general. Expand
  12. CraigB.
    Apr 13, 2003
    Wow what an awesome game. I never played it on NES but if it was anything like this it must have been great!
  13. MattH.
    Apr 14, 2003
    From a die hard FF fan who played the original 1990 version for NES, this game is a true nostalgic classic!! The improved music, the original story, with hours of kickass rpg mayhem. A MUST for any fan.
  14. TomasG.
    Apr 16, 2003
    ff2 is an awesome game and to play it in english on a console, in this awesome upgraded form, is great. and having ff1 thrown in is a nice bonus too!
  15. NickA.
    May 12, 2003
    I love this game. I have loved the entire ff series. the only reason i gave the game a 9 is because the item system in 2 isent the best and you can only have 2 per characte.
  16. JakeM.
    May 14, 2003
    I love this . the game is more advanced than 7 to 9.
  17. EmanuelC.
    May 22, 2003
    This game is very goooooood. my rate is 100%.goooooood.
  18. JenniferB.
    May 5, 2003
    Kupo!! I fell hard for the original game way back in 1990 and the updated re-release plus releasing FF2 has only added fuel to my addiction. So for all you serious FF fans, park your airships, feed the chocobos and moogles and prepare to be dazzled and amazed all over again.
  19. KendraL.
    May 7, 2003
    I love the FF1 and 2. I remember playing FF1 one the original NES. It is so close to the original FF1 game that I am happy to own it. I had always wished they would come out w/ the original for PS1 and now that they did I am extremely happy.
  20. ArzakemA.
    Jun 11, 2003
    What's better than having to complete your playstation FF collection? Well done Squaresoft.
  21. BrennanL.
    Jun 30, 2003
    Hmmm....it's okay FF2 is a little cheesy and the graphics aren't PS1 qaulity & FF1's story is lousy but overall it's good but only for Final Fantasy Hardcores like me.
  22. JimL.
    Jul 20, 2003
    In FF 1 You don't get regular characters and in FF 2 the way you level up is stupid. The graphics bite in both of them, but I don't care. Otherwise they are very cool! I do like both beginning "movies" too.
  23. LordGangrelV
    Jul 3, 2003
    Great to play an old school role playing game again, the story line is good and ya dont to much graphics, i like playing a game that is a game and not a movie. it is a very good buy and fun to play. lets hope they redo the shining force games.
  24. ChukA.
    Sep 22, 2003
    Stayed pretty true to the original.
  25. CloudStrife
    Jan 29, 2004
    Its has a great story line and the game play is outstanding for the Foundation of final fantasy games today.
  26. AS
    Mar 24, 2003
    This owns you all!!
  27. RodB.
    Apr 22, 2003
    It has great movies effects in the beginning but when I started playing FF2 I had problems bringing up the map that was supposed to tell you where the hell to go. The maps should constanly be on no matter what and to help first timers a blinking town map whould have been appreiated to show which town to go to next. Oh the Final Fantasy map for FF2 will not come up when you press the codes It has great movies effects in the beginning but when I started playing FF2 I had problems bringing up the map that was supposed to tell you where the hell to go. The maps should constanly be on no matter what and to help first timers a blinking town map whould have been appreiated to show which town to go to next. Oh the Final Fantasy map for FF2 will not come up when you press the codes that it gives you in the manual book I am very annoyed with this. can you next time put maps with your games and a short walk though next time. Thanks Collapse
  28. JacobB.
    Jun 14, 2003
    Absolutely perfect and brings back memories from your old childhood.
  29. ScottS.
    Jul 27, 2003
    ff1 is a true classic when I bought the game I had to make sure I played and beat that one first as for ff2 I didn't get it at first but I stuck with it and the story line itself was enough to keep you entertained and I thought the word memory system was truely unique I never played a rpg with that before.
  30. GeorgeD.
    Aug 29, 2003
    New sequences, cool updated creatures and animations, but still keeping the story and characters as close as possible to the original.
  31. TimH.
    Sep 15, 2003
    I thought that only 3 and 9 were good but origins proved me wrong!!!!
  32. ZackK.
    Dec 15, 2003
    Best game you can get for your PlayStation! The original FF was the best NES game and by improving the graphics and sound they perfected it.
  33. Jan 4, 2015
    Playing Final Fantasy I again felt like I was getting to play a great piece of history. Really enjoyed it after having not been up to the challenge when I was a wee little one.
    Final Fantasy II on the other hand, I couldn't get into it at all. Something about the graphics where just so completely ass ugly to me.
    A must have for Final Fantasy fans, especially if you love the 2D games.

1. For those who are just curious, it might not be worth your time, but with teh Amano art gallery, an Easy mode for "FFI," and other improvements, the old school will be pleased. [Mar 2003, p.65]
  2. The sound is excellent and the music consists of lovely tunes typical of the series. [Apr 2003, p.85]
  3. This compilation’s been given enough bells and whistles (unlockable art gallery, redesigned interface, prettier graphics, remastered soundtracks, CG intermissions, etc.) to appeal to a whole new generation of gamers weaned on the series’ trademarked formula of turn-based battles and high-quality (for their time) production values.