Final Fantasy VII PlayStation

9.1

1. TylerC.
    Sep 14, 2006
    Might not be the absolute best game I've ever played, but easily the most memorable. I can't remember a better time playing a game than playing FF7 for the first time.
  2. JasonT.
    Aug 23, 2006
    I give this game an 8.5. The above score says 8, but I really give it an 8.5. Why not a 10? Because even though this game is fun to play, it is not pefect, and by all means is not the greatest game ever made. The reason everyone says it is perfect is probably because it is the first FF game, or even the very first game they have ever played, so in their mind, it is the most revolutionary I give this game an 8.5. The above score says 8, but I really give it an 8.5. Why not a 10? Because even though this game is fun to play, it is not pefect, and by all means is not the greatest game ever made. The reason everyone says it is perfect is probably because it is the first FF game, or even the very first game they have ever played, so in their mind, it is the most revolutionary game ever. This is why FFVII is the most over-rated game of all time. I liked the game (yes, die-hard fans, I've played through the game for MORE than 60 minutes...It took me 66 hours to complete),and the story for the first half or so of the game was fantastic with the Shinra trying to take over the world's supply of Mako, but the story dragged down a little bit with the intro of Meteor and that massive monster that almost destroyed Midgar (I'm sorry, but I forgot the name. Was it Ultimate...something?). It wasn't bad, just not as awesome as how the game first started out. The characters were good, and the death of Aeria was drmatic, and Sehiroth as a villain is good...just not amazing. the storyline of Jenova was really interesting, and the flashbacks into Cloud's past were very compelling...Just too damn long. I don't care what you fanatics say. Cut scenes are great, but I want a game, not an interactive movie. Overall, I'd give it an 8.5, maybe even a 9, since the game is a fun, classical experience. It is NOT the greatest game ever made, but it's probably one of the best RPGs out there. Expand
  3. JackM.
    Aug 20, 2006
    Truely Emotional if only ff7-2 was a game.
  4. BrianB.
    Aug 16, 2006
    My favorite game. Great-story, music, characters, everything. I recommend this game to anyone who is an rpg fan or is looking to play a great classic game.
  5. WIll
    Aug 15, 2006
    For those of you that say this game sux well... have you actually sat and played it for over 20mins? If so try playing it for a couple of hours and you will very quickly see a story developing. Give it a try guys you will love it. This is the BEST game of all time. One of the first relases for PS1 and so u can accept the graphics which were excellent for the time it was released. And i For those of you that say this game sux well... have you actually sat and played it for over 20mins? If so try playing it for a couple of hours and you will very quickly see a story developing. Give it a try guys you will love it. This is the BEST game of all time. One of the first relases for PS1 and so u can accept the graphics which were excellent for the time it was released. And i dont mind reading what people are saying. You couldn't expect that much talking to be put into such an early game for the PS console so jus get used to it. The story line is very touching and really keeps you playing on and on. It is the best story line ever to exist in a game period. The charactors are good as they all differ greatly to each other. They have there own personalities and own limit break abilities. The game has so many extra (yet not essential) parts to it which you can complete which really makes the game loads more fun. Secret places to explore new weapons and magics to find and ultimate limit breaks are hiding for to find. Expand
  6. SeanS
    Aug 9, 2006
    Just to clear things up, FFVII is a great game. Is it the best RPG ever? Is it the best Final Fantasy ever? No. Why? Well, first off, the story is only mediocre, which is a huge downer because story is the key element of any RPG. The characters are ok, but they don't seem to have much life. Aside from Yuffie and Red, all the pther characters seem like clones of another one, like Just to clear things up, FFVII is a great game. Is it the best RPG ever? Is it the best Final Fantasy ever? No. Why? Well, first off, the story is only mediocre, which is a huge downer because story is the key element of any RPG. The characters are ok, but they don't seem to have much life. Aside from Yuffie and Red, all the pther characters seem like clones of another one, like Barret and Cid, or just don't have a very likable personality, like Cloud (Which was fixed by the release of FFVII:AC, which helps make FFVII much more enjoyable). Hate me if you wish, but Cloud and Sephiroth are not the greatest ever. Cloud is rather lifeless and Sephiroth not only helps to overcomplicate the story (and not in the Chrono Cross good way), but he seems rather randon and tries too hard to be "badass". But, like I said, FFVII is a great game due mainly to it's sheer size. There are a ton of extra things to do, such as level 4 limits, chocobo breeding, and the WEAPONS. All these combined with the awesome materia skill system make up for most of the game's downpoints. Sure, it doesn't reach the "Chrono" level of RPGs set by Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, but neither does any other RPG, but FFVII is one of the best, though highly overrated, RPGs out there, and every RPG fan must play it. Expand
  7. PiltzM.
    Aug 1, 2006
    First game to ever touch a human soul and heart.Gifted story teliing and exelent musical score makes this game last forever in the gaming history.
  8. JonC.
    Jul 30, 2006
    all you haters are complete duds. FFVII was one of the FIRST games for the PS1. and therefore, AMAZING grpahics for the time. The plot is amazingly deep, and complex. it may not be the best of all time, but its up there, and if u disagree, you obviously like those games like Catwoman. If you pay attention, you will enjoy it, its a RPG, so if u want like full on action, wrong game for you, all you haters are complete duds. FFVII was one of the FIRST games for the PS1. and therefore, AMAZING grpahics for the time. The plot is amazingly deep, and complex. it may not be the best of all time, but its up there, and if u disagree, you obviously like those games like Catwoman. If you pay attention, you will enjoy it, its a RPG, so if u want like full on action, wrong game for you, this game is surrounded by plot, and asuming people could read. (and FYI cloud acts like that because of the plot). Expand
  9. MarcL.
    Jul 3, 2006
    This game is truly incredible.the story kepps you into it all the way to the end and the replay value is awsome,music is excellent overall one of the best rpgs ever.
  10. VirginiaG.
    Jun 17, 2006
    This game just totally kicked ass. Best ff game in my opinion. You can spend a lot of time actually trying to achieve all the different materias and events that will happen. It brought interest for me to play more RPG games. People out there that say this is a bad game and is overrated think again. You just can't compare the graphics to the games today. I played it when it first came This game just totally kicked ass. Best ff game in my opinion. You can spend a lot of time actually trying to achieve all the different materias and events that will happen. It brought interest for me to play more RPG games. People out there that say this is a bad game and is overrated think again. You just can't compare the graphics to the games today. I played it when it first came out, it had the best graphics at that time. The storyline may be a bit confusing, but if you are truly a FF fan, you would play the game over a couple of times through, and truly understand what the game was about. Expand
  11. JustinG.
    Jun 11, 2006
    The storyline of FF7 imerses you in a complete universe of vivid characters who make the game feel like you are reading a book. Through the 3 discs of the game, you will get hooked on knowing the outcome of the characters. Despite now dated graphics and technology, the nostalgia for fans of the FF series is great.
  12. Sephiroth
    Jun 5, 2006
    This was the best Final Fantasy game Ever! It had the best FF storyline,great Playstation graphics at the time and the audio was phenominal!
  13. KainC.
    May 20, 2006
    Just a damn good game. Solid storyline, 70+ hours of gameplay which will keep you wanting more and more till' the end, then you'll want to do it over again, to find the things you missed. Its IMPOSSIBLE to do everything once. Best game i've ever played.
  14. MartinK.
    May 7, 2006
    One of the greatest games ever made. The storyline is on par with any great literary work. Right now, FFVII and the Metal Gear games are the only ones I can think of that truly deserve 10 points.
  15. MikeC.
    Apr 29, 2006
    Not much has to be said about FF7 in the year 2006. Most everyone who knows shit about games has payed it and come to their own conclusion, bu thtis game decimates almost any game ever made. The graphics were amazing for the times and the gameplay was very addictive, in depth and EXTREMELY fun.
  16. MarcusM.
    Apr 18, 2006
    lol the majority of ppl are saying this game rocks and there are just some ppl who dont like it (those who dont like RPG of course) so why dont you just get outta here! "They could've done better" oh yeah? they did their best with the technologies they had, 4 CDs man...there are tons of factors that have to be taken into account cuz this game is not made by ONE person you idiot. lol the majority of ppl are saying this game rocks and there are just some ppl who dont like it (those who dont like RPG of course) so why dont you just get outta here! "They could've done better" oh yeah? they did their best with the technologies they had, 4 CDs man...there are tons of factors that have to be taken into account cuz this game is not made by ONE person you idiot. Learn progamming, design, and graphics before you put any negative feedback! Expand
  17. JakeC.
    Apr 8, 2006
    Quite possibly the best game ever.
  18. GeorgeD.
    Apr 8, 2006
    I don't really understand how someone could think the story to this game was anything but breakthrough. Well, that's not true; I do understand. Being an English major, I often bear witness to the awful comprehensive power of the young mind. At several points in this list, people have stated that the Cloud character had no personality. While the character was intentionally I don't really understand how someone could think the story to this game was anything but breakthrough. Well, that's not true; I do understand. Being an English major, I often bear witness to the awful comprehensive power of the young mind. At several points in this list, people have stated that the Cloud character had no personality. While the character was intentionally written to be introverted, a great deal of expression and throught process came through the subtleties of the character. The character remains one of the most profound and intriguing characters to ever grace a videogame. The fact of the matter is, the story for Final Fantasy VII is so powerful, profound, intelligent and, often times, psychologically subtle that I am surprised any ordinary videogame fan was able to enjoy it. With games like Halo or Splinter Cell -- games wherein you simply run around and kill things without really having to fire a neuron or comprehend much of anything, other than your location on a screen -- it isn't a stretch to assume the average videogame fan is probably slow on the draw when it comes to things like reading comprehension, character analysis, or intuitive psychology. This hypothesis can also be reached by reading how many people complained of a "boring" story -- one person actually said that the psychology "ruined it" -- in the same breath as they complained about "horrible graphics." The graphics in the game were probably 8 on a list of the 10 most important aspects of the game. I won't go into every reason the game was breakthrough and will never be bested -- I actually stopped playing videogames after I completed it in 1997. I realized the year I played it that there was never, ever going to be anything like it again. It is just too smart for the average videogame fan. They don't want to process all the information, the characters, the messages, and the subtleties. They definitely don't want to process all the detective work that must be done and all the side games that are to be completed. They just want to click on a few characters and tell them to kill some other characters, or they want to point a rocket launcher in a vague direction and see things explode in great detail. Final Fantasy VII sacrificed a lot of its graphics for gameplay. There was so much too the game that A) the graphics hardly mattered at all, and B) for the time, it was too large to make the game with such profound quality and maintain superficial quality. Final fantasy VII was and is simply too good for pretty pictures -- though, all of the locations were beautiful and the vehicles were well conceived. There will never be another game this good. Videogamers just don't want to have to have the brainpower to play this. Expand
  19. LeanneT.
    Mar 14, 2006
    I love this game, it's the best I have in my whole range of FF games, for the year it was out in the graphics were ace and they storyloine was so intricate I had to play it over and over, which made me enjoy it evenmore.
  20. NickB.
    Jan 20, 2006
    This was a great game, storyline was excellent (who can forget the scene at the end of disc 1?), music was great as to be expected, but the overworld graphics could have been a little better.
  21. eX-SoldierStrife
    Jan 15, 2006
    The best game ever created, when I saw Final Fantasy 7 : Last Order and Advent Children I played the game over again. Even if the game is old it remains a classic and my favourite game. From the mythology and themes to the music and storyline, Final Fantasy 7 is flawless.
  22. MikeS.
    Dec 23, 2005
    Best game i have ever played the story line is so awsome. sephiroth is the best villian in final fantasy. graphics were ok but there hands were blocks but i dont care bout the graphics it just feels like your there best game i ever played and it cant get any better.
  23. SethC.
    Nov 18, 2005
    Best RPG (and FF) ever, which makes it all the more tragic that the series has been on a downward spiral (with the exception of FFIX) ever since.
  24. DennisL.
    Nov 10, 2005
    This was a great game it changed how final fantasy were before this.
  25. LukeD.
    Nov 2, 2005
    This game is the best game ever created and I think it is impossible to make a game as good as this ever again... It is flawless from music to the storyline, just watched FF7 advent children and all the memories flood back of this game :D damn i wish i could play it again but its too old for my computer :/
  26. Time_devil
    Oct 31, 2005
    This game is great. It has great graphics and a very unique storyline. It really is a great game worth playing.
  27. TroyM.
    Oct 14, 2005
    Awesome story compelled me to play.
  28. RyanH.
    Oct 12, 2005
    Quite simply, the best rpg ever. Second best game ever.
  29. Fzukka
    Sep 18, 2005
    One of the best games made. Brilliant storyline and characters are onvolving and very deep. This the first rpg game i played and now i love them. This is the best final fantasy to date. A psp remake of this will be perfect.
  30. NickC.
    Sep 16, 2005
    Best game ever if you dont like it get out.
  31. RyanL.
    Sep 4, 2005
    I thought this was a great game but I liked 8 alittle more but other then that one of my top 10s and for those idiots who thinks this game sucks cuz of graphics or no voice acting can go suck a nut you guys arent gamers at all just wanna bes this rpg revolutionized the rpg world nothing came close to it and remember this was made back in 1997.
  32. DavidM.
    Sep 1, 2005
    I think this is the best Final Fantasy game ever even though ff10's graphics are way beyond ff7, ff7 has the best storyline and more things to do.FF7 was made in 1997 as you know and even now when ive got my PS2 i still say that Final Fantasy 7 is my no.1 game. Thx
  33. DragisaR.
    Aug 30, 2005
    Simply the greatest game ever created. Incredibly awe-inspiring. This game will make you laugh, it will make you cry, it will fill you with excitement. This game is an adventure for all those who try it. If you haven't played this game yet, you are lucky... you still have the chance to experience its magic!
  34. Thorn
    Aug 7, 2005
    The game is good, it was the first game i played on my ps1. And it inspired me to buy more. Two flaws are that the villian is too good, and that there were several annoying main characters.
  35. BenD.
    Jul 25, 2005
    In my opinion, this is the greatest game ever. It was this game that established RPGs as my favorite genre of video games. Every aspect of this game is phenomenal from the battle and stats system to the colorful characters and beautiful pre-rendered backgrounds. Buy it! And if you already own it, play it again... and then once more for good measures.
  36. WilshireB.
    Jul 7, 2005
    Wow! This game is simply the best game of all time. Obviously since you've seen that written here about a million times. Turned me into the rpg vid game fan I am today and revolutionized the video game industry into what it is today. Props to square!!!
  37. LewisR.
    Jun 23, 2005
    Best game ever! Amazing storyline that takes you into the game. In the time it was out (1997 ish) I give the game the following unbiased scores: Graphics:10/10. Superior, then. Gameplay:10/10. Detailed yet quick-to-learn combat system and almost total freedom. Sound:10/10. The best music I've EVER heard! Emotionally-charged to suit the atmosphere (personally, made me cry once). Best game ever! Amazing storyline that takes you into the game. In the time it was out (1997 ish) I give the game the following unbiased scores: Graphics:10/10. Superior, then. Gameplay:10/10. Detailed yet quick-to-learn combat system and almost total freedom. Sound:10/10. The best music I've EVER heard! Emotionally-charged to suit the atmosphere (personally, made me cry once). Lifespan:10/10. Depending on how quick you take playing RPGs, between 30 hours and 90 hours. However, to fully enjoy the game, will take roughly 75 hours. Massive. Biggest game ever, undebated. As for 2005, the game would score: Graphics:3/10. Nice cut-scenes but lack of detail, in particular with the characters. Gameplay:8/10. Very simple yet addictive battle system. Could be more detailed. Sound:8/10. Excellent sound quality to set the mood, but based entirely on midi tunes (needs modernising). Lifespan:10/10. Absolutely massive. Seriously. Therefore, to conclude, buy the game. Your life will be poorer without it. I realised that. I would have spent 3 times as much as they were selling it for if I knew what the game was like. Expand
  38. ChrisF-T
    Jun 2, 2005
    Yes, this is the greatest RPG of all time. It took the concept of a fantasy world and brought the genre a true feeling of realism. The story is the most personally reflective of any RPG i've played, you learn more abou the central character than any other game i've played. The Weapons are truly difficult, and overall this game is challenging, engaging and overall the most Yes, this is the greatest RPG of all time. It took the concept of a fantasy world and brought the genre a true feeling of realism. The story is the most personally reflective of any RPG i've played, you learn more abou the central character than any other game i've played. The Weapons are truly difficult, and overall this game is challenging, engaging and overall the most flawless gaming experience i've ever been honored to have. Expand
  39. Zury
    May 24, 2005
    Like most of the reviewers I agree this is the best game ever, even though it has been out for over 8 years now. It is better than the real world. I can only say 1 thing and that is you MUST play this game. There is a massive gap between my next favourite game Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and this thats how good FFVII is!! This is one perfect game that will last over 40 hours.
  40. JimA.
    May 20, 2005
    Best game ever. Real life would only get a 7/10 in comparison to this world.
  41. NicholasR.
    May 19, 2005
    Easily the best game ive ever played, bar none.
  42. OswaldoV.
    May 15, 2005
    This is by far the best game I've ever played, Metal Gear, Resident Evil their both good but this one tops it off if i finish this game i'll die happy.
  43. UlyssesA.
    May 9, 2005
    I couldn't believe how good this game was! I had so much trouble on Hojo, Sephiroth, and the weapons so I got pissed off. But I didn't stop because it was so fun. I don't know about the best game ever, but it is the best one that I have ever played.
  44. CodyJ.
    May 9, 2005
    This game was SO fun, that I played it for seven hours non-stop. I never play video games that long. The ending disappointed me a bit and it seemed to be missing some stuff, but it was too fun not to give it a 10.
  45. RaúlOctavioPérezR.
    Apr 26, 2005
    It´is a wonderful, basically this game has the best story line i have ever seen, thougit´s graphics are not so good, they were good in the time it was created, without this little detail, the game is excellent
  46. Dan
    Apr 15, 2005
    Best Game Ever.
  47. JasonW.
    Apr 15, 2005
    Unparalleled...
  48. RaymondL.
    Apr 13, 2005
    It's great to play this game. the grapics will knock you back.
  49. TomiW.
    Apr 7, 2005
    FFVII is the best videogame ever made. Never has a game revolutionized the cinematic and storytelling experience of videogames. Never had a game been so long, yet so engaging, immersive and inspiring. This game changed the way I view videogames. Gone are the days when all I wanted was some fast paced action. This game thought me the art of storytelling is the best to ever happen to FFVII is the best videogame ever made. Never has a game revolutionized the cinematic and storytelling experience of videogames. Never had a game been so long, yet so engaging, immersive and inspiring. This game changed the way I view videogames. Gone are the days when all I wanted was some fast paced action. This game thought me the art of storytelling is the best to ever happen to videogames. I never played an RPG before this game, now 90% of the games I play are RPG's. And everytime I play an RPG, I always find myself asking the same question: when will there be another final fantasy VII. Expand
  50. JustinDeC.
    Mar 16, 2005
    One of the best Final Fantasy game ever to be created.
  51. ThomH.
    Feb 21, 2005
    Quite simply the best game ever created. Unlimited replay value, and a story so involving it puts Metal Gear to shame. A pure timeless classic.
  52. ThanasisI.
    Feb 19, 2005
    Perfect Characters! Perfect Story! Perfect Gameplay! JUST PERFECT!!!
  53. MikeR.
    Jan 24, 2005
    Still the best game ever.
  54. JoshB.
    Jan 18, 2005
    You can tell anybody that never had challenges didnt fight the weapons.
  55. JenniferS.
    Dec 27, 2004
    Only game that have kept me playing for a year now even people that have left to play other MMORPG's (Worlds or Warcraft) games are coming back.
  56. JustinL.
    Dec 18, 2004
    Get ready for Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children!!!
  57. VidM.
    Dec 8, 2004
    I had played several RPGs before this one, but this was the game that forever sold me to the RPG genre. I now view every other game through FF7-tinted glasses, and anything that's not an RPG just doesn't even come close. Sure there are plenty of crap RPGs out there as well as a few non-RPGs on par with FF7 in terms of gaming goodness (the more recent GTA installments as well as I had played several RPGs before this one, but this was the game that forever sold me to the RPG genre. I now view every other game through FF7-tinted glasses, and anything that's not an RPG just doesn't even come close. Sure there are plenty of crap RPGs out there as well as a few non-RPGs on par with FF7 in terms of gaming goodness (the more recent GTA installments as well as the Halo series come to mind). Still, FF7 is one of the few games to evoke true emotion in me. I cared about the characters. I wanted to find out more about them. I wanted them to succeed. I wanted to be there, traveling with them in their world. I wanted them to exist. This is one incredible game. Expand
  58. AlexM.
    Nov 15, 2004
    The Greatest Game Ever
  59. NaomiM.
    Nov 1, 2004
    I really do like this game, i was wonderful for it's time. Not so much now b/c 9 and 10 blew it away. And i'm not a really big fan of Cloud i think some people worship him to much (Jeff M.). But I do give it a 10, it had a wonderful story.
  60. JeffM.
    Oct 29, 2004
    If there is a better RPG out there, let me see it so I can destroy it, long live king ff7.
  61. J.PSin
    Oct 25, 2004
    Greatest game ever.
  62. TroyC.
    Oct 22, 2004
    I would just like to say that if Jesus had to come back in the form of a game....he would come back as newly packaged three disc rpg called Final Fantasy VII......and the world will rejoice in the glory in rains down upon us mortals.
  63. DragonKnightofFinalFantasy
    Aug 9, 2004
    This is my favorite FF ever also my favorite game ever. Here I'm gonna break it down into five catergories. Story 10/10: Totally compelling and smart I'd go into details but I don't wanna spoil anything but it does have the best character devolpment. Graphics 9/10: Beautiful backgrounds, great character portaits everything perfect except character models they are all so This is my favorite FF ever also my favorite game ever. Here I'm gonna break it down into five catergories. Story 10/10: Totally compelling and smart I'd go into details but I don't wanna spoil anything but it does have the best character devolpment. Graphics 9/10: Beautiful backgrounds, great character portaits everything perfect except character models they are all so blocky all Lego men. Sound: One of the best soundtracks EVER so wonderful! Gameplay: Materia=perfect FFVIII's Junction systems= really sucky Materia>Junction Nuff' said. BEST GAME EVER!!!!!! Expand
  64. LeonL.
    Aug 5, 2004
    This is a really cool game seriously. From the moment you play it and the moment you finish it, you can never say this game is bad. Truly a masterpiece...
  65. TylerT.
    Jul 29, 2004
    This is possibly the best game ever made! The storyline is the BEST I've ever seen!!!
  66. MalcolmQ.
    Jul 17, 2004
    Greatest game ever made! An RPG that will be engraved in the hearts of gamers.
  67. StuartJ.
    Jul 12, 2004
    The best game ever made, only one game in my opinion could ever be nearly as good as this and that is final fantasy VIII mostly due to its amazing music.
  68. MikeM.
    Jun 16, 2004
    This is the best game ever made. The storyline, music, and gameplay of all the final fantasies were all perfected in this one. It is the best game ever made, and always will be (unless they remake it).
  69. CuthbertS.
    Jun 12, 2004
    Perfection, or as close as you can get. This game has more "oh my god" moments than any other, even MGS. A greater game will never be made.
  70. EthanH.
    Jun 11, 2004
    It is awesome and should be remade for PS2.
  71. AdamC.
    May 28, 2004
    This is the beast game in the world.
  72. EthenM.
    May 24, 2004
    This is the best game ever, and it completely changed my life.
  73. Saisci
    Apr 24, 2004
    Nice storyline but the materia system is pretty flawed because if you get just one really good materia there's not much left of the challenge in this game.
  74. TomF.
    Apr 3, 2004
    Greatest game of all time.
  75. JesseI.
    Mar 26, 2004
    Great game.Great graphics,sound,characters,everything.
  76. EricM.
    Mar 8, 2004
    This is the first rpg game I played and still is the best..It called my name and I bought it the first day it came out for the pc for about 80$. I also am currently a beta tester for ffXI and it's shit compared to ff7.
  77. AlvinO.
    Mar 8, 2004
    FORGET ALL THE OTHER RPG OUT THERE >>>> This is all you need and will ever need..
  78. Josh
    Jan 21, 2004
    I have played every Final Fantasy in existence, and none captured my attention like FF7 with its story. This is the only game that deserves a perfect rating.
  79. JeremyJ.
    Jan 21, 2004
    This game is the best of all time!!!!!
  80. SamC.
    Jan 20, 2004
    PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT.
  81. MiloH.
    Jan 12, 2004
    A complete masterpiece and no doubt the best rpg ever!
  82. StrongestDragonKnightFinalFantasyGod
    Dec 5, 2003
    Great...Simply wonderful....The VERY BEST Final FANTASY EVER 2ND to none!!!If u hate this game I'll hunt u down use my Dragon Knights prowers & my godly Final Fantasy powers & send u to a eternal prison in hell!Oh by the way the only 2 complaints R bad graphics & one I dare not speak of.
  83. John
    Nov 12, 2003
    This is one of the greatest games of all time. Third best game in the world after Final Fantasy IX and Zelda - Ocarina of Time.
  84. Shotgunsean
    Nov 5, 2003
    This is the best game in the world i have been playing it since it came out and it has never gotten boring.
  85. Zorprime
    Oct 17, 2003
    Hands down the greatest rpg i've ever played.
  86. CloudStrife
    Sep 13, 2003
    I never got tired of the game no matter what every year I play it that is just how good it is^_^.
  87. TomM.
    Aug 23, 2003
    The most excellent game in the world today. That's it. Play this and you will be able to hang up your control pad and never play another game ever again. This is the most fufilling, superb and unbelievably excellent experience available on any console ever. And that is not an exaggeration.
  88. ShinjiK.
    Jul 22, 2003
    This game is so amazing it raises the question: Are humans really capable of creating something so beautiful?
  89. Pdiddy
    Jul 15, 2003
    Without a doubt this is the greatest video game ever made. Ever. it stands above even the most modern games in every aspect of its form. Easy to learn systems coupled with constant strategic implications make this the most in-depth RPG ever created. The graphics, while now outdated, where the best that the PS1 ever saw. And then there is the story. This is the only game I have ever played Without a doubt this is the greatest video game ever made. Ever. it stands above even the most modern games in every aspect of its form. Easy to learn systems coupled with constant strategic implications make this the most in-depth RPG ever created. The graphics, while now outdated, where the best that the PS1 ever saw. And then there is the story. This is the only game I have ever played that inspired deap emotions. I even cried at Aeris's death. Game manufactures have never created a masterpeice of this magnitde and never will again. Expand
  90. OBoi
    Apr 5, 2003
    My favorite game of all time........period.
  91. CatF.
    Apr 5, 2003
    I don't like throwing out perfect scores to games that I think are simply "good." This along with a few other games truly deserves it. To me, Final Fantasy VII stands out as one of the most spectacular games in history. It combines a deep, brilliant plot with an inventive magic system, and tops that off with stunning graphics and one of the best sound tracks to date. The game lacks I don't like throwing out perfect scores to games that I think are simply "good." This along with a few other games truly deserves it. To me, Final Fantasy VII stands out as one of the most spectacular games in history. It combines a deep, brilliant plot with an inventive magic system, and tops that off with stunning graphics and one of the best sound tracks to date. The game lacks only in its sound and lack of difficulty, but as an adventure RPG, these elements are not so important. The minor flaws are compensated with everything else this game has to offer. From a story telling point of view, this plot surpasses most fiction novels in creativity, twists, and character development. The materia system offers so much for the player to experiement with. RPGs tend to only offer one or two plays through, but I've found myself going through this game for my 6th time. The only warning I need to offer is that it requires patience. Final Fantasy VII is without a doubt the most memorable game I have ever played and subsequently the most enjoyable game to this day. Expand
  92. JohnS.
    Mar 2, 2003
    I have been playin this game over and over for about 4 years this game is perfect everything from mini games to the battles, it has to be the second greatest next to final fantasy 1.
  93. Howdy
    Dec 19, 2002
    This is the greatest rpg ever made. i tip my hat to squaresoft they really outdone themselves. the storyline is awsome. the grafics arent the greatestbut the story line makes up for it. the marteria system is a lil hard to understand at first but once u get the hang of it ff8 and 9 cant compare. this is nothing short of the greatest game ever made.
    Dec 3, 2002
    This game is one of the best RPGs of all time. Memorable characters and a great storyline puts it above all RPGs on the market. A must buy!!!

#1 Most Discussed PS1 Game of 1997
#2 Most Shared PS1 Game of 1997

1. GMR Magazine
    Brought RPGs into the Western spotlight and contained the most debated plot twist of an era. [Feb 2003, p.97]
  2. You can play the game time and time again. Always finding something new, from a new piece of materia to a new place, to defeating the ultimate weapons. The story twists and turns all the time always keeping you guessing as to what will happen next.
  3. Without a doubt, FF7 is one of the top Final Fantasy games out there. It is also one of the best RPG adventures of all time.