Gran Turismo 2 PlayStation
  • Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 30, 1999
8.9

1. Dec 30, 2012
    This game was one of the most complete racing games of all time. It came with a multitude of cars and tracks, if only racing games now could live up to this standard, I wish they would just remake this game with better graphics because it is damn near perfect.
  2. Mar 8, 2011
    The greatest racing for the PlayStation and better than the original!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. May 29, 2012
    GT2 has everything GT had but more and better. Includes more cars, more tracks and even the new rally mode. The soundtrack was pretty good and the steering was just exquisite. True classic.
  4. Aug 18, 2012
    I remember playing this as a young kid, and I loved all of it, the customization and the races were great. Its the main game that got me into cars in the future.
  5. Oct 9, 2013
    When I ordered this game, I was expecting it to be very fun and at most, vaguely frustrating. However, I was completely wrong. It first took me an hour to get my first licence which annoyed me. I was then only given $10,000 to spend on a car. I searched around ALL the garages (I must have been doing it for at least 45 minutes) and I couldn't find an affordable car so I had to buy a 1996 Toyota to plough me through the first few events.

Now onto the racing. The most annoying thing about the racing is that your position can change from 1st to 6th in NO TIME AT ALL, which just frustrates me to the bone. You could be 5 seconds away from winning a race, when suddenly a mob of cars from behind you come and steal your position you worked hard for. The car can't be controlled with the analog stick (which is dumb when you consider that a PS1 controller with an analog stick had been out for 2 years when the game was released) so you have to use the d-pad which is terrible for steering because you CONSTANTLY swerve off the track.

I swear to God, this game frustrates me so much that I one time yelled at the box and almost broke it. Sometimes it gets so bad, I feel like snapping the disc.

Thank God I only paid £3.49 for it.

1. Is the game a worthy purchase for GT veterans and racing newcomers alike? The answer is a 400-horsepower yes.
  2. The second lap was even better than the first. [Feb 2003, p.97]
  3. The controls can seem downright impossible to master at first, but with some practice and patience you'll be ripping it up in no time.