Gran Turismo PlayStation

• Release Date: Apr 30, 1998
8.8

1. RobG.
    Oct 14, 2004
    A game you can just keep coming back to. A classic that I am proud to own!
  2. Oct 8, 2014
    This game is my first game on playstation, i love it so much
    i have over 700 hours on it when i was just a 11 year old.
    This game is truly one of the best racing game i have ever played
    True score: 9.8
  3. Mar 24, 2016
    Simply one of the best racing games of all time and one of the greatest legacies of Playstation (by not call the greatest, lol) Anyway, a great game for a great console..
  4. Dec 4, 2010
    The Best Game Ever? Not quite. But a very important one, nonetheless. I was too young to enjoy it when it first came out (I always lost), but five years later, and wow. I play it on my PSP even now. Anyone reading this probably all ready knows what to expect, so I won't ramble on. While the new generation systems have remarkable capabilities, every racing game after this one will stillThe Best Game Ever? Not quite. But a very important one, nonetheless. I was too young to enjoy it when it first came out (I always lost), but five years later, and wow. I play it on my PSP even now. Anyone reading this probably all ready knows what to expect, so I won't ramble on. While the new generation systems have remarkable capabilities, every racing game after this one will still have a hard time measuring up. Collapse
  5. May 29, 2012
    The racing game that set the standard for all the rest. Huge amount of cars and tracks for a PS game. Almost every modern racing game includes features that GT had back in 98.
  6. Oct 17, 2013
    Best race game ever for me! Nice soundtrack, graphics, cars, ehm, ALL IT´S AWESOME! I still listen to the soundtrack, the nostalgia of it directly sparkle, until now I'm playing on an emulator, and I think that bathe PS1 to play it.
  7. MaxZ.
    Jul 26, 2003
    I love it so much.
  8. MikeM.
    Apr 25, 2004
    I've had this game for a few years and I can't stop playing it.
  9. Bob
    Jun 24, 2004
    Very Good Game Period.
  10. Jun 23, 2013
    A PlayStation Classic. A racing simulator that was very influential and perhaps one of the greatest (if not the greatest). There really was not a game at its time that was more realistic than Gran Turismo. This could easily be on a list of "The Greatest Video Games Ever".
  11. Nel
    Nov 29, 2016
    Spent countless of hours with this game as a kid, the game is really well done at makes you feel like you are driving ( at least when it came out) The game has several modes, and will take challenge you.
  12. Sep 14, 2016
    The BEST racing game EVER!! I Love it so much, for a start of this ultimate driving franchise! Hundreds of cars to use and more than 10 insanely competitive racing tracks to race in too.
  13. Dec 4, 2010

#8 Most Discussed PS1 Game of 1998
#1 Most Shared PS1 Game of 1998

1. GMR Magazine
    The replays had some of us doing double-takes to make sure we weren't watching real race footage. [Feb 2003, p.97]
  2. If you can get past its slightly intimidating barrier to entry (getting your license to race in this game is trickier than the real thing), you'll play Gran Turismo for months and months and never see all of its glory. This is a classic.
  3. Picture the most complete racer you could ever imagine, now double it. Gran Turismo is definitely the best racing game ever.