9.0

1. Sep 9, 2013
    Do you love JRPG's? DId you ever? Then play this. Consider that this game came out in 1994 for the Sega CD, so you probably never heard of it back then. At that time, this game had an hour and a half of full anime style animation, and an hour and a half of spoken dialog, six years and two generations earlier than the juggernaut Final Fantasy had it's first spoken dialog. It's too bad thatDo you love JRPG's? DId you ever? Then play this. Consider that this game came out in 1994 for the Sega CD, so you probably never heard of it back then. At that time, this game had an hour and a half of full anime style animation, and an hour and a half of spoken dialog, six years and two generations earlier than the juggernaut Final Fantasy had it's first spoken dialog. It's too bad that the original came out for Sega CD because by the time it was reworked for PSX, LUNAR was graphically dated and didn't get the praise that it highly deserved as one of the best RPG series of all time.

Why is that? Well, it's the writing and the likeable characters that do it for me. Working Designs put great care into their translations, and they were leagues better than the competition at that time, with none of that awkward stuff common in 1990's JRPG's. That, combined with a far bigger adventure than the first LUNAR, make it an incredible journey and game. The music of the series is also incredible, and I still have it on my computer. Check out Star Dragon Theme and compare it to the quality of other games of the 16/32-bit era.

If you can still play through games like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, or any other of those classic JRPG's, I highly recommend the Sega CD or PSX version of LUNAR Eternal Blue.
  2. MikeA.
    Sep 20, 2006
    I'm a huge RPG fan. Huge. Played all of the final fantasies, Chrono Trigger, Xenosaga, Breath of Fire 2, etc. Out of all the RPG's I have played, Lunar SSSC stands in my top 3, between final fantasy 3, and 7. It is difficult to choose which of these will be my favorite of all time. But anyhow... I was disappointed with this game. I had played Lunar SSSC on 3 separate occasions I'm a huge RPG fan. Huge. Played all of the final fantasies, Chrono Trigger, Xenosaga, Breath of Fire 2, etc. Out of all the RPG's I have played, Lunar SSSC stands in my top 3, between final fantasy 3, and 7. It is difficult to choose which of these will be my favorite of all time. But anyhow... I was disappointed with this game. I had played Lunar SSSC on 3 separate occasions and enjoyed it every single time. Playing this through once is enough for me. Virtually every aspect of it is subpar compared to the the first Lunar. The characters don't have as much chemistry, the plot is predictable, you can't take most of the villains seriously, and the battles are unnecessarily tedious. There's nothing wrong with a challenge, I welcome it. But when you constantly have to fight the same enemies and it takes 5-10 minutes for many of them, it is difficult to maintain being entertained. May be worth a play if you loved the first game as much as I did. But only one play. Bottom line: Lunar SSSC was a perfect 10, this was not. Expand
  3. JuliaJ.
    Jul 18, 2006
    Very Awesome game. Agreed that it definately was unappreciated by a lot of people, but any true RPG fan has played and loved this game. This is definately a rare gem of a game. Story was deep, yet lighthearted and carefree at the same time. Characters were well rounded and each of them had a role that was important. A great game for anyone who can find it just to play it. The difficulty Very Awesome game. Agreed that it definately was unappreciated by a lot of people, but any true RPG fan has played and loved this game. This is definately a rare gem of a game. Story was deep, yet lighthearted and carefree at the same time. Characters were well rounded and each of them had a role that was important. A great game for anyone who can find it just to play it. The difficulty was great. I love a challenge. It's really hard for me to find an RPG that I can say is of equal challenge to this game. Lunar SSSC and Lunar EBSC are definately two of the greatest and most challenging RPG's I have ever played on my! Collapse
  4. NathanS.
    May 12, 2006
    Lunar 2 was one of the most amazing games i have ever played. It should be made into books or a TV show!!!!!
  5. JoseB.
    Feb 14, 2006
    This is, just classic! I think Lunar SSSC and this game are connected as if it was one single game... never try to compare one with the other... if this is the BEST, the other one is the BEST too, so... I only say one thing, if they're going to make LUNAR 3, they better do it with the same style of old games... (like graphics and stuff...) So that the game we all love WONT DISAPPEAR!
  6. YannickG.
    Nov 28, 2005
    No game will ever top Lunar silver star story, but Eternal Blue was Excellent, and anyone who thinks otherwise has no idea what there talking about.
  7. CarloI.
    Apr 23, 2005
    This game is my 2nd favorite rpg game in psone co'z the story is very awesome! i beat this game a lot of times coz this game is so coooool!i wish that they create a lunar 3 in ps2 and the format of the game is liked in the psone and the battle too.(^_^)
  8. RainierR.
    Nov 12, 2002
    This is the best darn game I have ever played!!! The only competitor for this game is Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete. I beg those guys concerned to make Lunar 3!!!
  9. JonathanD.
    Oct 1, 2002
    This is quite possibly the single most underappreciated game of all time. Great 2D graphics, an amazing battle system, plus the incredible story (with the best translation ever in a video game) and awesome cutscenes coupled with the great music (good thing it comes with a soundtrack) make this one of the best darn games ever. The only thing wrong with Lunar 2 is that the battles can get This is quite possibly the single most underappreciated game of all time. Great 2D graphics, an amazing battle system, plus the incredible story (with the best translation ever in a video game) and awesome cutscenes coupled with the great music (good thing it comes with a soundtrack) make this one of the best darn games ever. The only thing wrong with Lunar 2 is that the battles can get too frequent and that it is insanely difficult sometimes. Buy this game immediately...IF you can find it... Expand
  10. DannyR.
    Aug 29, 2002
    The game is cool but the bosses are hard unless you train.

1. Lunar 2 is a template for what sequels should be. While not pushing the graphical limits of the Playstation, the involved story and excellent soundtrack are wondrous.
  2. If you're looking for a story to unravel over 40+ hours and you don't mind wading through a few dungeons, you'll love Lunar 2. This is one classic that deserves the name.
  3. One the greatest games ever to grace a console. It's fun, simple and has a great replay value. Once you get past the 16-bit gameplay graphics, you're sure to find a lot to like about Lunar 2.