• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Oct 24, 2000
  • Also On: PC
8.8

1. Dec 6, 2011
    This is by far the best megaman games on the PlayStation . the graphics are okay for a PlayStation game and the boss battle were quite epic . A must buy for any retro gamer !
  2. Feb 26, 2015
    This is easily one of my favorites games I've ever played. The Mega Man Legends series on the playstation was easily one of the best the system ever saw. However, both games were released toward the end of the Playstations life cycle and that both helped the game be what it was and hindered it from moving forward.
    Mega Man Legends was a 3rd person RPG designed in a brand new Mega Man
    Mega Man Legends was a 3rd person RPG designed in a brand new Mega Man world that introduced lovable characters like Tron Bonne and her Servbots. It was also one of the first RPG games on the system to include fully voiced characters and cutscenes, doing it a few years before Final Fantasy made it a big deal with FF X. All the voice overs are done exceptionally well. It's a nice touch for an older game like this.
    The gameplay involves alot of platforming and shooting, with some puzzles mixed in. The typcial RPG elements are here too as most of the items you get increase or decrease a stat. There's alot to like here and it's very easy to like this game.
    The main problem is the fact that this game came out after the PS2 was released to little fanfare. Fans of the original game loved it and the game was certainly helped out by being the most polished game on the system. However, the game did not do well with consumers because of the PS2 release the same month. A 3rd entry into the series was quietly cancelled by Capcom a few years later and we haven't heard a word about the series since then, other than a few words by the original series creator, now no longer with Capcom, who expressed interest in reviving the series but knows it will never happen.
    It's a shame that Capcom got rid of the next entry into the series as this game does end on a cliffhanger. It's just a shame, in general, that the series will longer be made. It was easily one of my favorite games on the system and my favorite Mega Man game period. However, with it being released after the PS2 launch, the sales numbers were down and that sealed its fate. But I will take what I can get here and spread the word that this is one of the best games for the PS1 ever and, if you can find them now, buy both of them and play them. You will not regret it.
  3. Aug 30, 2012
    I recently started playing this again after about 10 years and I got to say that it has held up quite nicely. The best thing about the game at the moment is that it provides a good break from all of the stale current generation of video games.
  4. Oct 23, 2014
    For me, this is the best Megaman game ever. The adventure and inspiration coupled with all the adorable characters and experiences I had playing this were unparalled... and I was still a kid back then. Now I am an Engineer and this game is one of my inspirations for becoming one.
    An outstanding successor to the first, this game is arguably one of the most, if not, the most underrated game in history. To this day, I am grateful that I didn't miss this... and I remain committed to bringing him back from the moon. Mighty No. 9 Legends, here we come!
  5. May 5, 2013
    I first played Megaman Legends (Megaman 64) when I was about 11 years old, and even then I was taken in by its enigmatic story, fast-paced action, and interesting environment. Its sequel was even better. Megaman Legends 2 is a genre unto itself. One part FPS, another quasi-RPG. A game as fun as it was challenging, I'm still playing it 11 years later. One of my personal top-5 andI first played Megaman Legends (Megaman 64) when I was about 11 years old, and even then I was taken in by its enigmatic story, fast-paced action, and interesting environment. Its sequel was even better. Megaman Legends 2 is a genre unto itself. One part FPS, another quasi-RPG. A game as fun as it was challenging, I'm still playing it 11 years later. One of my personal top-5 and easily a contender for best PS1 game. Expand
  6. Jan 12, 2014
    Mega Man Legends is one of my favorite childhood series. The story, characters, and dialogue are childish, but still interesting. This game has some addicting gameplay as well, featuring multiple weapon upgrades and plenty of "dungeons" to explore. The gameplay is focused on exploration and combat, with the occasional puzzle. I especially liked the boss battles. There are camera issues,Mega Man Legends is one of my favorite childhood series. The story, characters, and dialogue are childish, but still interesting. This game has some addicting gameplay as well, featuring multiple weapon upgrades and plenty of "dungeons" to explore. The gameplay is focused on exploration and combat, with the occasional puzzle. I especially liked the boss battles. There are camera issues, especially noticeable in the first game. Replaying at an older age, overall this is still a solid adventure/rpg game. Expand

1. There are about 15 hours of actual gameplay, and about 5 more hours if you want to pick up all the extra goodies along the way. Still, before you know it, you've finished the game.
  2. While the graphics tend to be blocky, with lots of texture-warping, the angular shading the artists used is damn cool.
  3. Although the graphics may not be spectacular, and the sound is less than should be expected, the game more than makes up for it's shortcomings by being undeniably addictive and fun to play.