Mega Man X5 PlayStation
  • Also On: PC
8.9

1. HybridNanaki
    Oct 9, 2001
    Zero kicks azz and his black armor really kicks azz.
  2. MaXiMuS666
    Aug 19, 2001
    This is the best MEGA MAN game ever created.
  3. Ian
    Jul 22, 2007
    In my opinion, this is the best X-series game that has ever been released. I used to play X4 and 5 on my cousins' PS1 at my aunts house when they brought it, and that's what made me get Collector's Edition. Ah, the memories. Anyway, to the review. The music is very good (I actually didn't really like Dynamo's theme that much (*cough*Armin M.)). Probably my In my opinion, this is the best X-series game that has ever been released. I used to play X4 and 5 on my cousins' PS1 at my aunts house when they brought it, and that's what made me get Collector's Edition. Ah, the memories. Anyway, to the review. The music is very good (I actually didn't really like Dynamo's theme that much (*cough*Armin M.)). Probably my favorite music in the game is tied between: The stage intro (where it shows the boss before the level), the opening movie (especially the American version (longer)), and the final Sigma stage's music. For graphics, it is only surpassed by X6 in 2D graphics. For gameplay, every boss and level is different. I enjoy blasting the enemies to bits and when I have the Ultimate Armor's Giga Attack, I LOVE owning the bosses. Overall, this game is awesome and brings back some of my very fond early (I was 7) childhood memories. Expand
  4. NicD.
    Jul 7, 2001
    I don't really have this game, but I rented it once. Boy did it rock. I beat half the game. Alls I had to do was: 1.) Beat Squid Adler 2.) Beat the Zero virus place. Thats all I had to do. But I'm only 8 so... you know. If I had some more time I would have beat the whole game. There's something weird about me too! I suck at MMX4 but I'm better at MMX5. Strange huh?
  5. AdrianH.
    Sep 1, 2004
    Man!I have this game and I cracked the game!I always used Zero because of the saber. With it, I rock!
  6. DarbyJ.
    Sep 19, 2005
    Although X4 is great, X5 is much better. I remember when this first came out, and I was all over it. Beat it 100% in a week.
  7. HydroG.
    Jul 19, 2001
    I always liked mm for the NES and Gameboy...But wow this game is the bomb!
  8. Jul 14, 2011
    The Mega man game's are a combination of mario plat-forming and fused with the shooting of somewhat the Contra series. Very brilliant level design, and nice boss battles, just the same line for all the Mega man games.
  9. sdc
    Apr 5, 2015
    Let me get this out of the way right now; X has never been my jam. I liked X, X3, and X4, but couldn't LOVE them. And X2 is **** But X5 changed that. THIS game is pitch perfect. The atmosphere is tense and epic, the graphics have the best art-direction of the entire franchise, the music is TENSE, the controls smooth as butter, level design fun and FAIR, and the story man. The story isLet me get this out of the way right now; X has never been my jam. I liked X, X3, and X4, but couldn't LOVE them. And X2 is **** But X5 changed that. THIS game is pitch perfect. The atmosphere is tense and epic, the graphics have the best art-direction of the entire franchise, the music is TENSE, the controls smooth as butter, level design fun and FAIR, and the story man. The story is AMAZING. Worth all the critical acclaim it got, and THEN some. The best Capcom game ever. Expand
  10. Mar 31, 2015
    Boy I love this one. I've always enjoyed the Mega Man X series but my all-time favourite is X5, there's something about this game that just makes me want to replay it over and over, maybe it's the wonderful epicness that this game has, maybe it's the super entertaining Mavericks, maybe it's the really enjoyable plot, the replay factor, the fantastic control, etc. The plot is a lot moreBoy I love this one. I've always enjoyed the Mega Man X series but my all-time favourite is X5, there's something about this game that just makes me want to replay it over and over, maybe it's the wonderful epicness that this game has, maybe it's the super entertaining Mavericks, maybe it's the really enjoyable plot, the replay factor, the fantastic control, etc. The plot is a lot more epic than the last, but I'm not going into it here because I'll fill the page. The references to guns n' roses are awesome with every maverick being named after a member of the band. The bosses are super awesome, some are pretty easy while other are pretty challenging, the final boss is super challenging without any sub-tanks, and a complete cakewalk when you do have sub-tanks. The bosses are awesome, the levels are super fun, this is my favourite X game in the series, for good reason Expand
  11. Dec 6, 2014
    The Blue Bomber and the Red Ronin(?) strike again in this mega buster, Z saber, platforming, run n gunner. You won't even notice how many hours have passed until you remember how to blink. It's a great game well worth playing.
  12. CoenV.
    Jun 30, 2001
    I think it rocks.
  13. ChuckT.
    Jul 4, 2001
    I was always a fan of Mega Man, but Mega Man X gives older fans a new change, from getting the Armor suits from the type of ending. I like this game better then X4 becauce there is more stuff to find and more Armors to gather.
  14. ZexusM.
    Jul 24, 2001
    This game was refreshing, just purely great. Well, I did get many headaches from solving the puzzles, particularly the level that comes after the rocket has been launched. I love the new moves you get with it, and the extras that you can obtain. :: Nods :: this game's cool. BUY IT NOW! or else someone will come and getyah!
  15. PhillipJ.
    Jul 26, 2001
    It's WICKED!!
  16. FletcherC.
    Jan 21, 2002
    It's cool!
  17. SeanL.
    Aug 19, 2001
    Fans of the X Series will no doubt enjoy Mega Man X5 as the latest installment for the PSX. It's also nice to see a game that diverts from the incessant amount of 3D games and first/third person shooters out there. Ranked #15 out of the top 20 selling games of February, this game should definitely have a copy in everyone's home. The replay value is awesome, the graphics are Fans of the X Series will no doubt enjoy Mega Man X5 as the latest installment for the PSX. It's also nice to see a game that diverts from the incessant amount of 3D games and first/third person shooters out there. Ranked #15 out of the top 20 selling games of February, this game should definitely have a copy in everyone's home. The replay value is awesome, the graphics are fantastic, and the music is nostalgic. I loved it! Expand

1. Nothing more than a fun, nostalgic 2D platforming romp that will only appeal to true hard-core fans.
    This is 2D action gaming at its best and I'll take this over almost any 3D adventure game or platformer any day of the week.
  3. Solid and consistent. If you loved 4 then you're almost certain to love 5. On the other hand if you've always hated Megaman then move on as this is truly more of the same.