Mega Man X5 PlayStation
  • Also On: PC
8.9

1. sdc
    Apr 5, 2015
    Let me get this out of the way right now; X has never been my jam. I liked X, X3, and X4, but couldn't LOVE them. And X2 is **** But X5 changed that. THIS game is pitch perfect. The atmosphere is tense and epic, the graphics have the best art-direction of the entire franchise, the music is TENSE, the controls smooth as butter, level design fun and FAIR, and the story man. The story isLet me get this out of the way right now; X has never been my jam. I liked X, X3, and X4, but couldn't LOVE them. And X2 is **** But X5 changed that. THIS game is pitch perfect. The atmosphere is tense and epic, the graphics have the best art-direction of the entire franchise, the music is TENSE, the controls smooth as butter, level design fun and FAIR, and the story man. The story is AMAZING. Worth all the critical acclaim it got, and THEN some. The best Capcom game ever. Expand
  2. Dec 6, 2014
    The Blue Bomber and the Red Ronin(?) strike again in this mega buster, Z saber, platforming, run n gunner. You won't even notice how many hours have passed until you remember how to blink. It's a great game well worth playing.
  3. Mar 31, 2015
    Boy I love this one. I've always enjoyed the Mega Man X series but my all-time favourite is X5, there's something about this game that just makes me want to replay it over and over, maybe it's the wonderful epicness that this game has, maybe it's the super entertaining Mavericks, maybe it's the really enjoyable plot, the replay factor, the fantastic control, etc. The plot is a lot moreBoy I love this one. I've always enjoyed the Mega Man X series but my all-time favourite is X5, there's something about this game that just makes me want to replay it over and over, maybe it's the wonderful epicness that this game has, maybe it's the super entertaining Mavericks, maybe it's the really enjoyable plot, the replay factor, the fantastic control, etc. The plot is a lot more epic than the last, but I'm not going into it here because I'll fill the page. The references to guns n' roses are awesome with every maverick being named after a member of the band. The bosses are super awesome, some are pretty easy while other are pretty challenging, the final boss is super challenging without any sub-tanks, and a complete cakewalk when you do have sub-tanks. The bosses are awesome, the levels are super fun, this is my favourite X game in the series, for good reason Expand
  4. Jul 14, 2011
    The Mega man game's are a combination of mario plat-forming and fused with the shooting of somewhat the Contra series. Very brilliant level design, and nice boss battles, just the same line for all the Mega man games.

1. Nothing more than a fun, nostalgic 2D platforming romp that will only appeal to true hard-core fans.
    This is 2D action gaming at its best and I'll take this over almost any 3D adventure game or platformer any day of the week.
  3. Solid and consistent. If you loved 4 then you're almost certain to love 5. On the other hand if you've always hated Megaman then move on as this is truly more of the same.