9.0

1. Dec 30, 2010
    if you are wondering why sqaursoft is held in such high regaurd even though now adays most of there RPG;s are half assed all you have to do is look back at the PS1 era RPG's they did and you will find alot that are of the highest qaulity and this game is among them . the story telling is top notch , great charicters . a fun new combat system that moves away from turn based (not like theres any thing wrong with turn based combat) . lots of side quest and a intresting new way to get charicters in your party that are effected by your decisions . great boss battles and some nice challanging ones and a real tough final boss battle that actaully made me feel i had to put some real effort into it . alot of differnt endings which give this RPG alot of replay . a deffinite must play for any RPG fan. Expand
  2. Mar 11, 2012
    This is my favorite game of all time. Absolutely amazing. Great combat system, lots of interesting characters, good story. This game is a pleasure to play through.
  3. Mar 27, 2014
    The greatest Star Ocean game, the last good Star Ocean game, a true RPG classic. I love the complex "private actions" mechanic which allows the player to influence relationships and thus which ending you'll get. There are over 86 possible endings, setting a benchmark.

1. Delivers an engaging adventure for an instant role-playing classic.
  2. I would have to say the single feature that most caught my attention would have to be the emotional points. Started in the original Star Ocean game, it has been honed and perfected in the sequel (I am told it's better in the next in the series).
  3. The problem I found here is that swithcing between characters in your party and trying to control them all at once is pretty hard. It's nice that Enix and Tri-Ace added the option to choose but we feel that the standard is the way to go.