Tekken 3 PlayStation

• Publisher: Namco
  • Release Date: Apr 29, 1998
9.1

1. Nov 8, 2011
    So many characters, so many combos, so much fun! This is one of the best fighting games ever created because there are so many unique features and revolutionary fighting.
  2. Apr 4, 2013
    Pretty much the best fighting game on the PS1. Was even better on the arcade. For the time these graphics and controls were top of the line. Fighting is fun and generally very balanced and easy to learn. Great characters. Great back stories.

Overall:
    Just a really great game and one of my top PS1 games
  3. May 25, 2015
  4. Aug 22, 2011
    Yep, Tekken 3 isn't just an incredible old game, is one of the best game in the history and made proud the PlayStation. Who will forget the kick ass intro in it?
  5. Aug 26, 2016
    Tekken 3 is the third installment in the popular Tekken fighting game series, developed and published by Namco.

+ One of the Best Fighting Game of PS1
    + Excellent Graphics
    + Ending Cutcenes
    + Tekken Ball and Tekken Force Modes
  6. Mar 8, 2017
    The best of the best when it comes to Tekken. One of the best fighters around and not just on the PS1. This is a must play game for anyone that owns the system.
  7. Feb 28, 2013
    Tekken 3 is good fighting game but for me there are better ones in the series. Still like it, was my entry to tekken. Good graphic, sound, control and many modes.
  8. Aug 19, 2013
    best fighting game on ps1 great graphics and just outstanding character everyone with over 100 moves this game is absolutely addictive and still with today's standers you'll find yourself going back to play it
  9. Dec 25, 2013
    Tekken 3 on the PlayStation is the fighting game. Excellent fighting game with extra modes and practice features. One of the best games on Playstation.
  10. Mar 10, 2016
    Este jogo é incrível! Eu recebi e ainda não posso parar de jogar. Os gráficos são tão detalhadas para um game e é desafiador, mas divertido e terá que jogar por horas! A história é complexa e profundamente pensado. O melhor jogo que eu já joguei de forma
  11. Jul 24, 2017
    The game that REVOLUTIONIZED the fighting game genre when Street Fighter was starting to decline.

1998, one of the best years in video game history period. So many childhood memories from this game growing up. Tekken 3 is superb. The graphics were a huge improvement over the polygon, block look of the previous games. They would become much smoother, stylized, crisp and realistic as

The graphics were a huge improvement over the polygon, block look of the previous games. They would become much smoother, stylized, crisp and realistic as the series would continue on. The music is perfect. I love the arcade version soundtrack. The console version soundtrack is nowhere near as great as the arcade version. The sound effects are and still so badass like the battle cries, punches, kicks and deathcries. The new characters to the game and series were pretty cool. I loved the stage design.

The gameplay was more refined in terms of juggling, combos and damage balancing. It introduced the evade/sidestep, the left/right side body throws and ukemi mechanics.

The only flaw the game had was the poor bonus characters (Dr Boskonvitch and Gon) with their crap movesets and the lackluster mini game modes.

This game is still being bought to this day. It has sold 9 million copies because it's so fun and addictive and it broke the mold for fighting games.

9 out of 10. A must own.
  12. Jun 27, 2014
    Everybody knows Tekken 3 is best tekken, maybe the best fighting game EVER, if it wasn't for mash bros. It does EVERYTHING right! Except for Gon. But thank god he's never had a 2nd appearance!
  13. Apr 8, 2017
    Simplemente uno de ls mejores videojuegos de peleas de la historia. No tiene el maximo para mi porq no soy muy fan de la saga, pero igual se apreciar q el juego le gana a muchos otros juegos de sagas como Street Figther o Mortal Kombat
  14. Sep 13, 2014
    Excelente jogo de luta. Um dos simbolos no segmento 3d. A geração de fãs que se formou tem muito a ver com o que esse terceiro capitulo fez com a serie, elevando ao patamar de melhor game de luta do PS One.
  15. May 7, 2012
    I can not stress on how amazing this game is. For a PS1 game, this was easily in the Top 5 games of all time back then. Tekken 3 still remains the best in the franchise next to Tekken 5. For some odd reason, Namco decided to go multiplatform outside of the PlayStation brand. Ever since that, Tekken hasn't been very good. Hopefully they will return back home where they belong.
  16. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is awesome. Released in 1998 and still better than the most 1x1 fighting games I've been playing since than. Getting a new Fighter for each time that you finish the arcade with a different character and getting a new final video, with awesome graphics (comparing with other PS1 games) everytime you finish it gave me the will to replay it several times. Incredible gameplay.

This

This game totally rocks. Better of the Tekken serie, for me.
  17. Jul 14, 2012
    Sorry about the 0 review, yes this is the silly Rice who forgot to score the review, anyways, best fighting game ever and allways will be, work on a HD remake Namco
  18. Jan 4, 2016
    Tekken 3 is where the real Tekken fun starts,with its mostly new fighters along with a few old ones,with graphical changes along with the new fighting combos the sidesteps and the no longer jump so high made it to be more realistic and believable,i mean no one can jump that high hahaha.It also is remembered of having the Tekken Force where you play in four side scroll levels batteling yourTekken 3 is where the real Tekken fun starts,with its mostly new fighters along with a few old ones,with graphical changes along with the new fighting combos the sidesteps and the no longer jump so high made it to be more realistic and believable,i mean no one can jump that high hahaha.It also is remembered of having the Tekken Force where you play in four side scroll levels batteling your way against tekken force army,each level as a boss fight.It also have the Volleyball mode where you have to hit the ball so that it hits your opponent or hes or hers set.A classic game and where the true Tekken really begins. Expand
  19. Aug 9, 2017
    The best part in the series of Tekken games is part of my very first part of this series and this game is simply gorgeous and everyone has to play it and understand me and my feedback to this game
  20. Feb 7, 2017
    One of the best games out there to collect for fans of the Tekken franchise and people who just want to get in some good fighting. The game, in terms of story, starts off after the events of Tekken 2 nineteen years later where Heihachi Mishima had reassumed control of the Mishima Zaibatsu and forms a organization to protect the Mishima Zaibatsu known as the Tekken Force. A team from thisOne of the best games out there to collect for fans of the Tekken franchise and people who just want to get in some good fighting. The game, in terms of story, starts off after the events of Tekken 2 nineteen years later where Heihachi Mishima had reassumed control of the Mishima Zaibatsu and forms a organization to protect the Mishima Zaibatsu known as the Tekken Force. A team from this organization is sent to excavate for an ancient temple in Mexico. But when Heihachi arrives later on, he learns that his team had met their demise by the hands of a creature known simply as Ogre. Heihachi then wishes to capture this creature by all means necessary. That's when the new hero comes in. Enter Jin Kazama. The grandson of Heihachi who trains under him to be strong against Ogre due to his personal vendetta against the beast. Which just so happens to be the death of his mother by Ogre's hands. After all the training, Jin is ready to take on Ogre in the King of Iron Fist Tournament 3. With the story getting out of the way, what else does the game offer? The game is much faster paced than it's predecessors but that's what made this game stand out from it's competitors. The fighting looked more fluid, it became less robotic, and there wasn't any delays trying to get up fast enough from receiving more damage. This title also reintroduces classic characters like; Paul Phoenix, Lei Wulong, Nina Williams, and Yoshimitsu. Likewise, it introduces new ones like; Jin Kazama, Ling Xiaoyu, Eddy Gordo, and more! Most that have become well known characters throughout the franchise, started here. This game also had a killer soundtrack, as do every other title that came before and after, that fit it's backgrounds very well for each of the characters. You can also unlock new characters for each time you complete the arcade mode for each character you choose. Unlike the previous two installments, when you unlock new characters, they aren't specific characters that you unlock with specific fighters. They simply pop up as one of the fighters you face before you face the sub boss. The game also has a new mode called Tekken Force. It's a beat em' up mixed with the fighting game elements Tekken 3 uses. This sort of idea is incorporated with it's successors even today. It's a fun mode to challenge yourself in ad you can even unlock a new character with it that I didn't know was possible to unlock. Overall, this is an excellent title that holds up even with today's standards and is a breath of fresh air compared to the rereleases of Street Fighter 4. I strongly recommend it. You owe it to yourself to play it through PSN, your Playstation 2, or your original Playstation. It's on the cheap and a definite good time for your and friends to enjoy. Thanks for reading my review. Have a good one! Expand
  21. Jul 22, 2014
    simply the best tekken game ever.
    it's a shame we can't get it through PSN like the first 2 entries although it would make good money to the company
    hope to see it soon
  22. Jul 6, 2016
    This game is one of the best fighting games out there and is unique from others because of it's 3d style where you can move to the left or right and not just forward and back. It is also the final and best Tekken there is, the newer ones just have better graphics and more game modes.
  23. Jul 11, 2013
    This game changed the way i looked at fighting games. Absolutely revolutionary for it's time. I could have gotten a PhD in the amount of time i spent playing Tekken 3 and Bushido Blade back int he day. Extremely tactical; best character model and motion by far, for its time. Viva la Tekken 3.
  24. Jun 13, 2014
    Best fighting game ever, this is where fighting games were at their apex, I remember playing against my older sister on this game so much, it is an iconic game with many great memories.
  25. Mar 23, 2015
    Tekken 3 simply has it all, making it the best Tekken ever and one of the best fighting games of all time. Gameplay is great, graphics are pretty, sounds are legendary and it even includes the awesome volleyball mode.
  26. Feb 13, 2013
    Possibly the most classic of all 3D fighters, Tekken 3 is a masterpiece. One of few games that makes you go just one more round, Tekken 3 has it all; bright, unique characters, each with a recognizably different move set, and music that is just too cool and memorable. Add the new Tekken Force mode, Tekken Ball mode, and a completely positive overhaul to Tekken 3 and you'll see why thisPossibly the most classic of all 3D fighters, Tekken 3 is a masterpiece. One of few games that makes you go just one more round, Tekken 3 has it all; bright, unique characters, each with a recognizably different move set, and music that is just too cool and memorable. Add the new Tekken Force mode, Tekken Ball mode, and a completely positive overhaul to Tekken 3 and you'll see why this game is considered by many to be the best fighting game of all time. Expand
  27. Mar 5, 2014
    This is a game that lasts forever. Whenever me and my best buddy are feeling competitive, we turn on the good old PS2, and play Tekken 3 for hours, constantly filled with adrenaline. I find this game much more suited for multiplayer, butthe single player game is great, the bots are fair, and there's a ton to unlock. There are many game modes, all equal in the fun they provide. TheThis is a game that lasts forever. Whenever me and my best buddy are feeling competitive, we turn on the good old PS2, and play Tekken 3 for hours, constantly filled with adrenaline. I find this game much more suited for multiplayer, butthe single player game is great, the bots are fair, and there's a ton to unlock. There are many game modes, all equal in the fun they provide. The cutscenes were an unforgettable touch. The models look great, especially for a PS1 game, the environments are rich and diverse. You can't really spam one move and win (which is why I find it hundreds of times better than other fighter games), there's a lot of combo potential. By playing with your friend, you'll probably learn a new move, unless you've already mastered all of the 100+ moves your character has. There isn't really a best character, because Every character can defeat and be defeated by any other, again, why I favour this game. My personal favourite is Lei Wulong, for all the 5 forms he has. This has got to be one of the best fighters that have ever existed, topped only by Tekken 5 or Soul Calibur (also by Namco). Expand
  28. May 25, 2015
    Not quite as good as Tekken Tag which built on T3's engine adding a lot more depth, The character cast was superb unsurprisingly almost all of them would continue to be regualrs even now. Almost every character had something in their locker to be threat (Poor Kuma). For the time the graphics where a major step up and the soundtrack is still one of the best ever, There where plenty of funNot quite as good as Tekken Tag which built on T3's engine adding a lot more depth, The character cast was superb unsurprisingly almost all of them would continue to be regualrs even now. Almost every character had something in their locker to be threat (Poor Kuma). For the time the graphics where a major step up and the soundtrack is still one of the best ever, There where plenty of fun extras in too with tekken ball and tekken force. The bar was set so high Namco would never be able to top it. Expand
  29. Aug 20, 2016
    One of the best fighting game of all time...graphics are ground breaking for 1998 that still look good today.............................................
  30. Niveche
    Jul 3, 2006
    A bencmark in the genre - no scratch that - this game REDEFINED the genre - the big daddy of em all. Brilliant game - no need to explain - play it with your head in 1996 and you'll know why.

#5 Most Discussed PS1 Game of 1998
#2 Most Shared PS1 Game of 1998

1. GMR Magazine
    An amazing conversion, given the difference between the arcade and PlayStation hardware at the time. Set the standard for bonuses. [Feb 2003, p.97]
  2. I'd come off as a huge hypocrite if I didn't put Tekken 3 at the top of the list. "Tekken 2" was a 10, and Tekken 3 is a better game in most respects.
  3. The gameplay is identical to the arcade. Every move, combo, and character has been transferred over, and a couple of new characters have been added in as well.