Tekken 3 PlayStation

• Release Date: Apr 29, 1998
9.1

1. May 25, 2015
  2. May 25, 2015
    Not quite as good as Tekken Tag which built on T3's engine adding a lot more depth, The character cast was superb unsurprisingly almost all of them would continue to be regualrs even now. Almost every character had something in their locker to be threat (Poor Kuma). For the time the graphics where a major step up and the soundtrack is still one of the best ever, There where plenty of funNot quite as good as Tekken Tag which built on T3's engine adding a lot more depth, The character cast was superb unsurprisingly almost all of them would continue to be regualrs even now. Almost every character had something in their locker to be threat (Poor Kuma). For the time the graphics where a major step up and the soundtrack is still one of the best ever, There where plenty of fun extras in too with tekken ball and tekken force. The bar was set so high Namco would never be able to top it. Expand
  3. Mar 23, 2015
    Tekken 3 simply has it all, making it the best Tekken ever and one of the best fighting games of all time. Gameplay is great, graphics are pretty, sounds are legendary and it even includes the awesome volleyball mode.
  4. Sep 13, 2014
    Excelente jogo de luta. Um dos simbolos no segmento 3d. A geração de fãs que se formou tem muito a ver com o que esse terceiro capitulo fez com a serie, elevando ao patamar de melhor game de luta do PS One.
  5. Jul 22, 2014
    simply the best tekken game ever.
    it's a shame we can't get it through PSN like the first 2 entries although it would make good money to the company
    hope to see it soon
  6. Jun 27, 2014
    Everybody knows Tekken 3 is best tekken, maybe the best fighting game EVER, if it wasn't for mash bros. It does EVERYTHING right! Except for Gon. But thank god he's never had a 2nd appearance!
  7. Jun 13, 2014
    Best fighting game ever, this is where fighting games were at their apex, I remember playing against my older sister on this game so much, it is an iconic game with many great memories.
  8. Mar 5, 2014
    This is a game that lasts forever. Whenever me and my best buddy are feeling competitive, we turn on the good old PS2, and play Tekken 3 for hours, constantly filled with adrenaline. I find this game much more suited for multiplayer, butthe single player game is great, the bots are fair, and there's a ton to unlock. There are many game modes, all equal in the fun they provide. TheThis is a game that lasts forever. Whenever me and my best buddy are feeling competitive, we turn on the good old PS2, and play Tekken 3 for hours, constantly filled with adrenaline. I find this game much more suited for multiplayer, butthe single player game is great, the bots are fair, and there's a ton to unlock. There are many game modes, all equal in the fun they provide. The cutscenes were an unforgettable touch. The models look great, especially for a PS1 game, the environments are rich and diverse. You can't really spam one move and win (which is why I find it hundreds of times better than other fighter games), there's a lot of combo potential. By playing with your friend, you'll probably learn a new move, unless you've already mastered all of the 100+ moves your character has. There isn't really a best character, because Every character can defeat and be defeated by any other, again, why I favour this game. My personal favourite is Lei Wulong, for all the 5 forms he has. This has got to be one of the best fighters that have ever existed, topped only by Tekken 5 or Soul Calibur (also by Namco). Expand
  9. Dec 25, 2013
    Tekken 3 on the PlayStation is the fighting game. Excellent fighting game with extra modes and practice features. One of the best games on Playstation.
  10. Aug 19, 2013
    best fighting game on ps1 great graphics and just outstanding character everyone with over 100 moves this game is absolutely addictive and still with today's standers you'll find yourself going back to play it
  11. Jul 11, 2013
    This game changed the way i looked at fighting games. Absolutely revolutionary for it's time. I could have gotten a PhD in the amount of time i spent playing Tekken 3 and Bushido Blade back int he day. Extremely tactical; best character model and motion by far, for its time. Viva la Tekken 3.
  12. Apr 4, 2013
    Pretty much the best fighting game on the PS1. Was even better on the arcade. For the time these graphics and controls were top of the line. Fighting is fun and generally very balanced and easy to learn. Great characters. Great back stories.

Overall:
    Just a really great game and one of my top PS1 games
  13. Feb 28, 2013
    Tekken 3 is good fighting game but for me there are better ones in the series. Still like it, was my entry to tekken. Good graphic, sound, control and many modes.
  14. Feb 13, 2013
    Possibly the most classic of all 3D fighters, Tekken 3 is a masterpiece. One of few games that makes you go just one more round, Tekken 3 has it all; bright, unique characters, each with a recognizably different move set, and music that is just too cool and memorable. Add the new Tekken Force mode, Tekken Ball mode, and a completely positive overhaul to Tekken 3 and you'll see why thisPossibly the most classic of all 3D fighters, Tekken 3 is a masterpiece. One of few games that makes you go just one more round, Tekken 3 has it all; bright, unique characters, each with a recognizably different move set, and music that is just too cool and memorable. Add the new Tekken Force mode, Tekken Ball mode, and a completely positive overhaul to Tekken 3 and you'll see why this game is considered by many to be the best fighting game of all time. Expand
  15. Jan 6, 2013
    Very good game. Graphics and performance: 6+ (6.25); Longevity: 6- (5.75); Gameplay: 7- (6.75); Plot: 4. OVERALL SCORE: 6- [5.85] (5.75 out of 10 [Good/Very good]).
  16. Jul 14, 2012
    Sorry about the 0 review, yes this is the silly Rice who forgot to score the review, anyways, best fighting game ever and allways will be, work on a HD remake Namco
  17. May 7, 2012
    I can not stress on how amazing this game is. For a PS1 game, this was easily in the Top 5 games of all time back then. Tekken 3 still remains the best in the franchise next to Tekken 5. For some odd reason, Namco decided to go multiplatform outside of the PlayStation brand. Ever since that, Tekken hasn't been very good. Hopefully they will return back home where they belong.
  18. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is awesome. Released in 1998 and still better than the most 1x1 fighting games I've been playing since than. Getting a new Fighter for each time that you finish the arcade with a different character and getting a new final video, with awesome graphics (comparing with other PS1 games) everytime you finish it gave me the will to replay it several times. Incredible gameplay.

This

This game totally rocks. Better of the Tekken serie, for me.
  19. Nov 8, 2011
    So many characters, so many combos, so much fun! This is one of the best fighting games ever created because there are so many unique features and revolutionary fighting.
  20. Aug 22, 2011
    Yep, Tekken 3 isn't just an incredible old game, is one of the best game in the history and made proud the PlayStation. Who will forget the kick ass intro in it?
  21. Wyte
    Aug 3, 2008
    Godlke, a game like this has not surfaced again, and i doubt it ever can due to desire for perfect graphics. T3 didn't need that! it just needed gameplay that was so addictive.
  22. LaCharlesG.
    Nov 8, 2007
    The best Tekken in the series.
  23. DanB.
    Sep 2, 2007
    I have a PS One, but I don't play it much anymore (now that I have the Wii) But from time to time, I plug in my Tekken game and play it. It's so addicting, and pretty good graphics for the PS One. Despite being old, I would still play it for a long time.
  24. Niveche
    Jul 3, 2006
    A bencmark in the genre - no scratch that - this game REDEFINED the genre - the big daddy of em all. Brilliant game - no need to explain - play it with your head in 1996 and you'll know why.
  25. AB
    Mar 16, 2005
    Tekken 3 is one of the best fighting games ever. That's all you need to know.
  26. AlbertoM.
    Sep 17, 2004
    Brilliant graphics, brilliant music and of course brilliant gameplay. Enough reason to buy a PSX, still with today's standars.
  27. King-KongKutch
    Jul 21, 2004
    I love this game. This is a must have game especially for those gamers than likes arcade types of games.
  28. WilliamM.
    Dec 9, 2002
    By far the best Tekken on any system. I've played the hell out of this one, and I keep coming back to it when the new games let me down....
  29. May 7, 2012

1. An amazing conversion, given the difference between the arcade and PlayStation hardware at the time. Set the standard for bonuses. [Feb 2003, p.97]
  2. I'd come off as a huge hypocrite if I didn't put Tekken 3 at the top of the list. "Tekken 2" was a 10, and Tekken 3 is a better game in most respects.
  3. The gameplay is identical to the arcade. Every move, combo, and character has been transferred over, and a couple of new characters have been added in as well.