Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 PlayStation

8.3

1. WilliamH.
    Jan 29, 2002
    I first played THPS3 for the PS2 (my friend's PS2) and it blew my mind. I can honestly say it was one of the best games I've ever played. Then I rented it for my regular PS and it made me sad. I felt ripped off. I expected the graphics to be lower, but I didn't expect that much of a drop. I felt like I was playing THPS2 in the THPS3 levels. It didn't have the smooth I first played THPS3 for the PS2 (my friend's PS2) and it blew my mind. I can honestly say it was one of the best games I've ever played. Then I rented it for my regular PS and it made me sad. I felt ripped off. I expected the graphics to be lower, but I didn't expect that much of a drop. I felt like I was playing THPS2 in the THPS3 levels. It didn't have the smooth feeling of the PS2 version. It just didn't feel like I was playing the same game. Don't get me wrong, I love THPS3, and plan on getting my own PS2 for that game alone, but don't waste your time on the PS version. It's basically Tony Hawk 2 with new levels. Expand

#6 Most Discussed PS1 Game of 2001

At first glance all I could think about was the PS2 version of this game and feel the dread that I would have to play Tony Hawk on the PlayStation. But once I got past the graphics and low frame rate I actually started to have fun.
  2. If you're not ready to commit to the PlayStation 2 yet, and you've grown weary of the levels in "Tony Hawk 2," then Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 is just the ticket.
  3. Tempting to compare & criticize against previous versions, but stands well on it’s own.