Triple Play Baseball PlayStation

8.3

1. Feb 17, 2013
    Much like cricket Baseball has never been an easy game to make entertaining in video game form but Triple Play Baseball certainly made as good a stab as any. More recent efforts that have improved the formula are however now available.
  2. AndrewM.
    Mar 4, 2005
    Best PS1 baseball game ever!!! Easy to play but not to easy that you could hit a homer at your first at bat!Also GREAT graphics consdiring the graphics engin of the PS1!!!
  3. PyroFiend
    Oct 16, 2001
    I have never owned a baseball, or any sports game for that matter, because I prefer to play a game with a premise that probably could not happen in real life, preferring to play RPGs. But then I found that when my friends came over we had nothing to play, so I said "Hell, why not", and picked up Triple Play. What I found was a highly enjoyable, well made game that delivers a decent amount I have never owned a baseball, or any sports game for that matter, because I prefer to play a game with a premise that probably could not happen in real life, preferring to play RPGs. But then I found that when my friends came over we had nothing to play, so I said "Hell, why not", and picked up Triple Play. What I found was a highly enjoyable, well made game that delivers a decent amount of fun. But I've also played baseball games in the past, and I can tell you that this is just straightfoward baseball. Nothing pretty here. But that doesn't take away from the fun. I would recommend this game to anyone who has never owned a baseball game before and is looking to try something different. Expand
  4. Feb 17, 2013

#27 Most Discussed PS1 Game of 2001

1. One of those rare games that really draws you into the experience with fantastic gameplay and quality graphics and sound.
  2. Living with outdated rosters that have legendary baseball greats to play around with isn't worth giving up for an update that looks/plays/sounds the same as last year's.
    While Triple Play Baseball is a solid game of hardball and one that can be enjoyed by the casual fan, it's not for the diehard baseball freak. Nonetheless, it's the best game in the series on PlayStation.