Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories PlayStation

• Release Date: Mar 20, 2002
8.6

1. DanedandCealM.
    Feb 16, 2004
    I would really like to know how to get infinity starchips because all the great cards cost 999,999 starchips and the only way to be able to get infinity starchips is by gameshark.If ya read this please let me how to get alot of starchips without a gameshark so I can pass the mages ocean,medaow,etc........ THANKS:yours truly CEAL203.
  2. Mike
    Sep 30, 2002
    Not amazing, not horrible. It's a good game. Although the lack of effects(why the hell did you give me 3 Man-Eater Bugs if he can't kill a card with his Flip-Effect?) can be bothersome, as can how they go from relatively weak Rex Raptor to Weevil tossing down a Jirai Gumo(2200/500) and attacking without a chance of halving his own LP...
  3. RyanH.
    Mar 4, 2005
    Because the cards cause 999,999 starchips does anyone know how to get infiniti starchips does anyone know how to get good cards of except for dueling the medow mage.
  4. DemonS.
    Nov 17, 2002
    While this game is excellent for those who follow the anime or card game, I wouldn't recommend it to the casual gamer. It's greatest flaw is the need to duel repeatedly and repetitively for star chips and new cards. However, it provides an intersting bit of backstory for the characters in the show, and allows for great versatility in deck creation.
  5. JordanW.
    Sep 28, 2002
    This game is ok for people who collect the cards or watch the show. But with music that compares too banshees hollering and the fact that the cards are near impossible to get because 80 percent cost 9999 star chips when the max you can get from one battle is five. I really think that most of this takes a lot of luck more than skill. The fusion things are a pain in the butt to figure out This game is ok for people who collect the cards or watch the show. But with music that compares too banshees hollering and the fact that the cards are near impossible to get because 80 percent cost 9999 star chips when the max you can get from one battle is five. I really think that most of this takes a lot of luck more than skill. The fusion things are a pain in the butt to figure out in the beggining and the computer favores the other character it seems like. I can't say I recommend this to everyone but I will say it can become addictive. Expand
  6. AaronK.
    Oct 24, 2005
    I neeeeed a cheat any starchips cards for mothing anything plz.
  7. JoshD.
    Oct 10, 2002
    Ok, It is not fair to rate this game if you haven't played the card game and don't care for japanesse anime ok game good for the card players.
  8. JimL.
    Dec 24, 2002
    They could have given you better cards to start out with because the game got difficult fast and very hard to get farther.
  9. AdrianP.
    Aug 31, 2002
    Well, it was ok but the first few guys you battle are hard,Ex-Weevil underwood,and monsters dont even have effects plus you like always have crappy guys like The Drdek and Insect soldiers of the Sky so i gave it a 6.
  10. AndrewS.
    Mar 27, 2003
    It's a good game, but it's very frustrating when you lose! I also wished they used the intro to the show at the start! Does anyone know how to get 999,999 starchips without having to go through an almost infinite amount of free duels?
  11. GloogP.
    Oct 7, 2005
    This game is good once you get good cards. What is the cheat for infinate starchips? The real one! Tri, Tir, up, up, circ, sqr, up, down w/e doesn't work!
  12. DoggyBones
    Dec 9, 2002
    Good game needs more cards and more stronger cards. In fact needs all cards.
  13. MickH.
    Feb 15, 2003
    This game is borderline. Some of things ARE good, but Alot of the things suck. Any good card is ridiculously high-priced at 999,999 Star Chips, and that takes forever to do. The good things are being able to see physical changes between fusions and the unlimited power in your deck, unlike in Dark Duel Stories (GBC). If you liek Yu-Gi-Oh, I suggest to grab the GBC Dark Suel Stories, so you This game is borderline. Some of things ARE good, but Alot of the things suck. Any good card is ridiculously high-priced at 999,999 Star Chips, and that takes forever to do. The good things are being able to see physical changes between fusions and the unlimited power in your deck, unlike in Dark Duel Stories (GBC). If you liek Yu-Gi-Oh, I suggest to grab the GBC Dark Suel Stories, so you can get all your favourite cards without the Starchip price. Expand
  14. DavidC.
    Mar 17, 2003
    I rate it seven because that the game programer didn't program, that you can put a card face down and set a monster at the same time!
  15. C.JRoss
    Apr 19, 2003
    It ROCKS. Awesome Polygon Battling.
  16. DanielB.
    Apr 22, 2004
    Cause its a pain in the ass 2 get g00d cards especially against heishin 2 and set0 3.
  17. HumanDragonJ.
    Jul 31, 2004
    The graphic and the music sucks...i get bored just listening to the music.....i had played the game for about 5years and cannot even get infinite or 999999(i dunno how many number of 9 there is cause i don't play dat game anymore) starchips.....but the idea of the card and the game style rocks.....everything else rulz too.....the only thing is it wasted mah five years playing that game
  18. SeanO.
    Sep 12, 2005
    It is an ok game but i cant get infinite star chips can u email me the cheat and thanx.
  19. MannyC.
    Nov 18, 2002
    The game is enjoyable if you are into the cartoon and the cards. The game helped me put together some pieces I missed in the show. The 3D duel is not as good as the Digimon battles, but fuseing cards is just as fun though time consuming. Free Duel is the place to go for more cards. I say give it a shot if you're into YuGiOh.
  20. Jul 14, 2013
    Ok, I just HAD to review this game. It's so crappy it becomes lovable. Story is non-existent, but who cares, the combat is actually kind of fun and interesting. You start a game with a deck of randomly thrown together crap cards. The entire point of this game is that you can combine 2 or more cards together to produce stronger cards. You can combine your entire hand if you wanted! The funOk, I just HAD to review this game. It's so crappy it becomes lovable. Story is non-existent, but who cares, the combat is actually kind of fun and interesting. You start a game with a deck of randomly thrown together crap cards. The entire point of this game is that you can combine 2 or more cards together to produce stronger cards. You can combine your entire hand if you wanted! The fun is discovering and remembering a huge number of card combination recipes. Also, the combinations appear to change from game to game, so if you got stuck with a bad deck or set of recipes, you pretty much had to start over because this game is....

HARD. Oh my goodness is it difficult. Your opponents will never have any trouble completely wrecking you. Near the end of the game, I actually transported my disk contents to PC so I could cheat with a program that would give me every card in the game and infinite starchips (which seems to be a requirement if you want to beat it).

Even with this obvious advantage, I had to fight the last few bosses multiple times because I'm not kidding they would completely wreck you in one turn. You had to get the PERFECT hand to win. Of course it's not hard to figure out how this happened. This is what lazy game designers do when they run out of time to put real content in a game. Hey, we're out of time, let's just crank up the difficultly! That'll make things seem like an engaging and fun experience!

Well no, it didn't. But the game is so terrible it's charming.
  21. Jul 21, 2013
    Graphics 6/10
    Sound 7/10
    Gameplay 5/10 Value 6/10 While this game is fun to play it does not deserve more than a 6 considering the disastrous flaws it has. It lacks a simple tutorial to tell you how to play the game perfectly, and how to fuse cards. Most good cards with 2000+ ATK cost 999,999 Starchips and you ONLY earn 5 starchips per duel on S rank. Do you know what this
    Graphics 6/10
    Sound 7/10
    Gameplay 5/10
    Value 6/10

It lacks a simple tutorial to tell you how to play the game perfectly, and how to fuse cards. Most good cards with 2000+ ATK cost 999,999 Starchips and you ONLY earn 5 starchips per duel on S rank. Do you know what this means? Consider that you have the free time to play 100 duels per day and you got an S in all the duels. You will earn only 500 Starchips per day. Multiply this by 365 days you will only get 182,500 Starchips per year which means it requires about 6 years to get all the 999,999 starchips just to buy a single card! (that considering you don't use the memory card trick).
    Also lots of cards left unobtainable, like the Magician of Black Chaos on the cover of the box, MoBC cannot be earned legitimately in this game, you will have to cheat or use a gameshark in order to unlock it,. This card has a drop rate of 0, and it costs the ridiculous amount 999,999 starchips.
    Not to mention how this stupid game is grossly biased towards the AI. The rules that apply to you don't apply to the AI. Like for example you cannot summon Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon legitimately without using a ritual card and 3 Blue-Eyes White Dragons on the field. The computer has 3 standalone BEUD's and 90% of the time it will summon them for you in the first turn (Seto 3rd and sometimes Nitemare) .
    Same thing applies to B. Skull Dragon and Gate Guardian, it has 3 copies of these in its deck. while you cannot summon B. Skull Dragon without a fusion summon (you will need at least three cards to summon BSD), same with Gate Guradian (you will have to own the ritual card and Sanga, Kazejin & Suijin on the field in order to summon it!.)
    Just an advice, borrow this game before you buy it.
  22. Sep 13, 2014
    Para quem é fã esse é um jogo altamente adorado, para que não é ele é de mediano para ruim. De todos os games da saga Yu Gi esse é o melhor e mais aclamado palos fãs. Por seu desafio acima da media que nos prende horas a fio em busca de cartas raras e melhorando nossa estrategias marcou seu nome no legado do primeiro console da Sony.
  23. Oct 3, 2014
    This game brings back a lot of nostalgia, so I thought I'd play through it again and after heavy grinding (there is a lot of that in this game) I managed to beat it, I just want to say off the bat that if the sound of endless grinding, rules different to that of the actual card game and absolutely nothing being explained sounds about as appealing as setting up a mosque next to a BNPThis game brings back a lot of nostalgia, so I thought I'd play through it again and after heavy grinding (there is a lot of that in this game) I managed to beat it, I just want to say off the bat that if the sound of endless grinding, rules different to that of the actual card game and absolutely nothing being explained sounds about as appealing as setting up a mosque next to a BNP member's house then this game is not for you. However those willing to tolerate this will find an addictive game with great music, fantastic re-playability and cartoony graphics that have aged very well, with the exception of some 3D battles that look a bit jagged of course.
    I must say I do love the fact that the game leaves you to your own devices, it is a very strict mistress with cards requiring an extortionate amount of starchips (the currency) to redeem, losing once causing the game to end and **** all being explained, though all of this difficulty does make what would otherwise be a very short game to have organic length and the rush of success being so overcoming that when you beat the game or get the card you want, you will literally jump for joy. To be honest I think a game like this is best for the time we live in, where walkthroughs can be found at a single click, so when the difficulty curves (which good God does it curve) you can at least find out how to overcome your predicament, that being said I do certainly understand why critics shat upon this game, as of course they only have so long to review this game and as I said before, this game is a harsh mistress and if you don't appreciate it for what it is, YFM certainly won't appreciate you either. Additionally the game is very much luck-based, as success can rely upon the good pulls you got from grinding, the random deck you were given at the beginning, whether or not your fusions work (which is trial and error) and if an enemy pulls out certain cards you're more or less ****ed from the get-go. Once again this game can be cruel but you know what in an age of shooter hand-holding an condescending tutorials, I would not have it any other way.

1. Modern TCG fans will probably either love it for being simple and different, or hate it for being old and unlike the current game.
  2. Daunting difficulty and narrow appeal...There are teeth of mine I'd pull with a pair of pliers rather than play this card game ever again.
  3. I would ultimately recommend this for either someone who has played the card game before or someone who has a lot of time to go through and write down or memorize the card combos and fusion results, since everything is trial and error.