Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories PlayStation

• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Mar 20, 2002
8.6

1. Jan 23, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I know this sounds weird but i loved this game its **** amazing and i thinck should be played by more. An amazing card gamer. i found it confusing but it was still fun to me Expand
  2. Jul 22, 2015
    Dont listen to what the reviewers are saying back then or now on Youtube. This game is wrongly measured because the fact is with this Game the Yu Gi Oh franchise actually started not with the card game or the anime series but the Japanese Version released in 1999 which later came to the West in 2002 when all the other stuff with Yu Gi Oh on it was allready out.
  3. Mar 12, 2014
    This game can be very difficult and each duel is mainly down to getting the right cards at the start. Plenty of grinding is required, but i found it strangely addicting.
  4. Oct 25, 2013
    Amazing game! Hugely nostalgic for me(my third ps1 game), Yugioh Forbidden Memories remains one of my favorite ps1 games of all time. Amazing sound, gameplay, prize-reward system, campaign, free duels, cards, fusions, and most especially: lasting power. I have played this game for years and restart on one of my memory cards a bunch just to have the challenge and fun start again. Great Game!
  5. Jan 16, 2013
    This game brings back so many memories. I had so much fun with this game; it was a blast. However, the game didn't follow the traditional rules because at the time it was released TCG rules were just being established. Had it been released maybe a year later with those rules in place, I bet it'd be the most Yu-Gi-OH! game ever made. The battles were a litte weird in that you couldn'tThis game brings back so many memories. I had so much fun with this game; it was a blast. However, the game didn't follow the traditional rules because at the time it was released TCG rules were just being established. Had it been released maybe a year later with those rules in place, I bet it'd be the most Yu-Gi-OH! game ever made. The battles were a litte weird in that you couldn't control when Trap cards were activated, A.I. was predictable, the Spoils system made no sense whatsoever and buying cards was pointless because any card of real worth costed a number of Starchips almost impossible to obtain.

If you love Yu-Gi-Oh!, this is a game for you. I'd also say it's a good game to get you into Yu-Gi-Oh! (along with the cartoon show) if you know nothing about it.
  6. BlueEyesUltimateDragon
    Oct 25, 2006
    This game has class. You can expect the unexpected. You'll never know what wil happen next so buy this game now if you had the guts.
  7. JeroenV.
    Jun 6, 2006
    This game is very good. I play it every day and I am trying to get 999,999 starchips. If you have patience and play it very often, it may be possible to get the magic amount in 2 or 3 years. And if you have 3 memorie cards you can get every card. It sure deserves a 10!
  8. JesseK.
    Dec 8, 2005
    this game is really fun ive arety got meter black dragon , dark migion and skull night from the high mage i think i will give the game a 10.
  9. IkhwanK.
    Oct 28, 2005
    Very bad ending but i"m happy to play this games.
  10. MeteorBlackDragon
    Oct 27, 2005
    This game is quite fancy.......very good graphics.... OK, all people might be asking where to get good cards, especially to people who are fighting NiteMare, DarkNite, Seto 3rd, Heishin 2nd, High Mage Kepura, Labyrinth mages, Neku, and his accompany.... Tips.... To get good cards: TRY BATTLING THE LOW MEADOW MAGE he gives good cards such as: Dark Magician (2500/2100)=mercury, mars Skull This game is quite fancy.......very good graphics.... OK, all people might be asking where to get good cards, especially to people who are fighting NiteMare, DarkNite, Seto 3rd, Heishin 2nd, High Mage Kepura, Labyrinth mages, Neku, and his accompany.... Tips.... To get good cards: TRY BATTLING THE LOW MEADOW MAGE he gives good cards such as: Dark Magician (2500/2100)=mercury, mars Skull Knight (2650/2250)=mercury, mars Gaia The Fierce Knight... (2300/2100)=mercury, jupiter and lastly... METEOR BLACK DRAGON (3500/2000)=mars, sun believe me...he give good cards! to get the ultimate equip, battle pegasus for this: the MEGAMORPH (+1000, atk:def), try getting an S, Tech rank. That's all i can give. Thanks! Expand
  11. Paul
    Oct 26, 2005
    Unbeleivable the story line is amazing well worth geting the only downfall to this game is the 3d mode but it is ok for a ps1 game.
  12. AbdallahZ.
    Sep 17, 2005
    It is the best game i ever seen the monsters and the magic cards and the trap card they are coooool !!!!!!
  13. JonathanC.
    Sep 7, 2005
    Really good game but 99999 starchips is too hard can u tell me a cheat to get 99999 starchips plz.
  14. AlecD.
    Sep 5, 2005
    I use to have this game about a year ago I broke it for reasons I don't know of because my playstation broke but the strongest card I had was a skull knight but I think that it is bullcrap that you have to pay 999,999 starchips for a miecily little dark magician I have good cards in real life and I had beat everyone in that game like 500 times and got only skull knight P.S. I was on I use to have this game about a year ago I broke it for reasons I don't know of because my playstation broke but the strongest card I had was a skull knight but I think that it is bullcrap that you have to pay 999,999 starchips for a miecily little dark magician I have good cards in real life and I had beat everyone in that game like 500 times and got only skull knight P.S. I was on the last level but I couldn't beat him oh well. Expand
  15. MartynH.
    Jun 2, 2005
    I have time wiserd + dragon + moutins and a dragon boost i got a 3400 dragon and i beated 10 people and how do u get 999999 starchips if eney one nows tell me plz.
  16. RickW.
    May 3, 2005
    I gave it a 9 because it's nearly impossible to get 999,999 starchips. i only get really good cards when i'm battling the meadow mage (i got 3 meteor black dragons from him :D). not enough to beat seto's ultimate blue eyes though...
  17. EdwardP.
    Apr 4, 2005
    This is one of the best games i ever played, but it is so hard and it's hard to get starchips because i need 9999 for blue eyes white dragon.
  18. NicholasN.
    Nov 26, 2004
    I love the game,if you want to play for ten min. you can. you you don't have to beat dozens of people to get to a save point,but the game has some length to it. I have had the game for a year and have beet it twice with no cheats, and no stars chips, but can some one tell me what the secert codes for at the end?
  19. Logan
    Nov 20, 2004
    This game is very fun. I have a lot of good cards. The only thing i hate about this game is 999,999 starchips.
  20. DalzielB.
    Nov 10, 2004
    This game is really cool.To get twin headed thunder dragon fuse a thunder and a dragon, to get meteor.b dragon beat the meadow mage in the free battle for over a 100 times trust me!!!!!
  21. FrancisG.
    Oct 19, 2004
    The game ROCKS. But it is hard to get 999,999 schips and their is not much strategy at the game.
  22. ClarkK.
    Oct 13, 2004
    Good to play for about an hour a day or2. Is duelest of the roses any good.
  23. GustaveF.
    Oct 9, 2004
    The game is really cool, especially if you play the trading card game also. It is a good variation, faster, more combat and less effects and the best, NO tributes are required!!! It is indeed hard to get good cards if you do not have much patience (I defeat each adversary in the free duel mode 50 times at least. Trust me, it is kinda boring). Good to play for one hour a day.
  24. TPub
    Sep 21, 2004
    Best One I have seen yet.
  25. SamuelW.
    Sep 21, 2004
    It is really cool.
  26. Yu-Gi-OH!Master
    Sep 4, 2004
    This game is great, lots of paper to print off and arange all the Fusions, but it was worth it. This game can be beat without the 999,999 StarChips Cheat, with the list of fusions.
  27. KingOfGames
    Aug 9, 2004
    Great game!play it all the time!!only drawback is the starchips..they give out to few for what the cards cost!i beat it,but im still confused on Rituals..over all it took bout 2 years to beat it.
  28. KahlilkingofgamesG.
    Aug 2, 2004
    This game rocks baby it rocks.I can give this a 50.I got tons of power ups and twin headed thunder dragons.This game has the best music ever.I got black skull dragon.I will say this again people who this game stupid I dissagree with them.this is the best yu-gi-oh game ever.cheats=Claw reacher+Job change mirror=summoned skull. Typhone#2+Black land fire dragon=red eyes black dragon.Get This game rocks baby it rocks.I can give this a 50.I got tons of power ups and twin headed thunder dragons.This game has the best music ever.I got black skull dragon.I will say this again people who this game stupid I dissagree with them.this is the best yu-gi-oh game ever.cheats=Claw reacher+Job change mirror=summoned skull. Typhone#2+Black land fire dragon=red eyes black dragon.Get Exodia=head:33396948+Right leg=08124921+Left leg=44519536+Left arm=07902349+Right arm=70902349.Crush card=57728570.This game rockzzzzzz. Expand
  29. KahlilG.
    Jul 29, 2004
    I think this is the coolest yu-gi-oh game ever made.I am where the labrinth mage is. I'm about to beat the whole game.Who ever thinks this game is stupid,i disagree with them.I love playing this game.I am going to keep this game forever.
  30. JonS.
    Jul 19, 2004
    This game is ight. If you like dragon cards so much keep fighting Meadow mage I already got a Meteor Dragon,Metal dragon, but i also got a Dark magacian from the desert high mage, if anyone finds a code for infinity starchips that will work cause the one on here dont work at all Tahmi D. so im out peace.
  31. AhmetZ.
    Jul 4, 2004
    Fight with low medow mage to get meteor b. dragon 3500/2000 (i have 3 of them)
  32. JasonS.
    Jun 11, 2004
    I know how to get infinity starchips and i rekon this game is KOOL.
  33. DarylT.
    Apr 28, 2004
    very good..give me gameshark cheats for yugi yo..
  34. BestDuelist
    Apr 23, 2004
    This game rocks but its hard to get 99999999 starchips without a cheat oh! and the graphics are ok.
  35. TahmiD.
    Apr 19, 2004
    To have infinity starchips then when it says push start ener x,x, o,o, up, down. IT must me completed within 10 secs.
  36. KurtK.
    Feb 28, 2004
    This game took me forever to beat but i finally did.By the way does anyone know how to get infinite LP for Action Replay? Thanks.
  37. Bahen
    Feb 24, 2004
    Good title, for what its worth. It is somewhat deep and has longevity. Only thing bad is its difficulty for a beginner. BTW, you don't need to BUY cards if you WIN them. (or us a second memory card if you are a cheater.)
  38. AdamB.
    Aug 2, 2003
    If you do'nt like playstation games, you should try your luck with the real cards first.
  39. FranciscoC.
    Jul 26, 2003
    It's a good game but I think Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelist of The Roses is better because it got better grapics.
  40. MarceloS.
    Jun 4, 2003
    The best one. I bought it to my son and we have played it for hours with no stop. Great!!! Marcelo Seravat (Brazil)
  41. StuartM.
    May 16, 2003
    It is the best game ever.
  42. DonaldS.
    May 2, 2003
    I give this game a 10 because it is a challaging card game. It takes care of my spare time when I got nothing to do. It keeps you guessing what your opp. has. so this game rooccckkkk!!!!!
  43. DazP.
    May 1, 2003
    This game is amazing its real cool apart that the rare card like BEWD is 999999 so the only way u can get them is by beating good duelist that y there 999999.
  44. kitusdeciusaridius
    Apr 25, 2003
    It's a quality game, but ill give it a 9 because getting 99999 starchips is HARD! ps does anyone know the 3 cards needed for the cosmo queen and tri horned dragon rituals?
  45. TimothyI.
    Apr 19, 2003
    I'd say it could be better if you can walk around. also, it would be better if you got to choose a deck like pegasus' deck.
  46. LukeH.
    Apr 15, 2003
    9 because it's to hard to get brilliant cards, otherwise brilliant!!!
  47. JeromeL.
    Apr 5, 2003
    I like this game but it's wayyyyyyyy impossible to get all of those starchips.So I Choose an 8 for my choice.
  48. JosephR.
    Apr 1, 2003
    I liked this game alot but I don't think I'd want to try and beat this game again.It was very hard though very cool at the same time.
  49. JamesE.
    Mar 24, 2003
    I think it is cool you get to battle monsters and combined.
  50. AlexP.
    Mar 21, 2003
    This game ROCKS but it is nothing like the things in the show. I would be better if you could walk araound and had a choice of deks.
  51. CHRISP.
    Mar 20, 2003
    It is good but it would be better if u could walk around.
  52. BobH.
    Mar 18, 2003
    I love it though i can't get all the cards!!!!!!!!
  53. peterCullum
    Mar 10, 2003
    i love this game i can't wait till the next one comes out
  54. CraigM.
    Mar 7, 2003
    This game sooooooooo rocks i've been playing this game for 3 months thats why i gave a 10.
  55. PeterL.
    Mar 1, 2003
    I give this game an 8 because this game takes 2 long 2 get 999999 stachips and when u use it here it goes again duelin ur way 2 999999 again.
  56. Braydan
    Feb 25, 2003
    It is ttttttttthhhhhhhhhhheeeeee best game.
  57. JohnS.
    Feb 13, 2003
    This game is fantastic, of course as long as you know what you are doing. A little difficulties here and there but we wouldn't want it to be too easy now would we.
  58. XenonWave
    Jan 17, 2003
    This game is one of the best games for the ps1 that i've played on for a long time the only hard part is seto in the moden wold because he allways manages to bring up another blue eyes white dragon and take my deak out.
  59. Jokerman
    Jan 16, 2003
    There is no better card game. Look if you wish but you wont find it! JoKeR
  60. MichaelL.
    Jan 14, 2003
    This game ROCKS!!!!!!! I can dark elf for 160 star chips.
  61. HeathL.
    Jan 7, 2003
    Very difficult, yet so much fun.
  62. yosondon'tknow
    Jan 6, 2003
    I think the game is good but the 3d graphics suck!!!!!
  63. konig14
    Dec 30, 2002
    It's freaken awesome but I can't figure out the code to get infinent star chips (without using gameshark) but other than that I love it.
  64. RaymondL.
    Dec 27, 2002
    This game is awesome though it is too difficult to polymerize the cards together...may someone help me out? give me a site to follow...critics just look at the game for its beginning story and do not continue on because they are dumb...this game is one of a kind.
  65. AndrewH.
    Dec 26, 2002
    A very interesting RPG. I am a major fan of the TV show, and I think they blended all the aspects of the cartoon perfectly into the game. The Starchip prices are a little ridiculous, but besides that, this game is cool.
  66. MichgelL.
    Dec 20, 2002
    The way to get Exodia is to get a gameshark. Find the code for infenity starchips. Then go on your computer and go to www.cheatplanet.com and you will find the code for Exodia. I`m almost done with the game and I`ve only had it for one week.
  67. BasketBaller69Nguyen
    Dec 20, 2002
    The game is pretty cool but the cards cost too much. I think it is impossible to get the cards so why bother putting the cards on sell. :( Besides that, the game is pretty good.
  68. WirenutN.
    Dec 19, 2002
    Critics suck!
  69. ArrashF.
    Dec 19, 2002
    It is wicked being able to be able to watch your cards attack each other.
  70. MarkP.
    Nov 28, 2002
    A very good game, I havent put it down in the last week. If the music was better and the cards were cheaper to buy (i.e. most good cards/combo cards cost 999,999 starchips, e.g Blue Eyes White Dragon) then it would be brilliant but hopefully the PS2 version will correct these bad points.
  71. DWG²Inc.
    Nov 13, 2002
    Well the whole gameplay is good except for the the password mode which is useless! All the good cards cost infinite star chips, which make it imposible to buy them!
  72. MarinaL.
    Nov 8, 2002
    This game was cool. You would have to be a true yu gi oh fan to enjoy it. If you don't like yu gi oh then you obviously won't like the game. I can't wait until the game on PS2 comes out!
  73. JustinL.
    Oct 19, 2002
    Yes of course it is a good game has good graphics but not that good on it's sound but other than that it really puts me to a challenge.
  74. YamiM.
    Oct 16, 2002
    I think this game is like excellent. It not only relate to why, in the episodes, Yugi turns into a spirit so noble and contain so much courage within one soul. Even though there is much to do in this game like memorize card fusions and stuff lyke that but it is the best game I have ever played. In fact, I have beaten this game 5 times already and I just got a month ago but still, I think this game is like excellent. It not only relate to why, in the episodes, Yugi turns into a spirit so noble and contain so much courage within one soul. Even though there is much to do in this game like memorize card fusions and stuff lyke that but it is the best game I have ever played. In fact, I have beaten this game 5 times already and I just got a month ago but still, everything you do in that game is worth. No matter what card you get, that card will do you well and serve you good just like what they say in the episodes on TV, "Trust in the heart of the cards!" Expand
  75. DrueB.
    Oct 12, 2002
    This is a supermega awesome game! If I could, I would give it a rating of 199,999,999,9999! Course I'm a real duelist!
  76. MarioM.
    Oct 3, 2002
    It´s amazing when you play it you can stop it.
  77. ScottR.
    Oct 2, 2002
    I have had no problems with this game the only problem i had is figuring out all the fusions. Just look them up online and u got fusions other than that i liked the game.
  78. KyleW.
    Sep 29, 2002
    If you play this game and don't figure it out keep playing and don't get frustrated because at the end when you get it is all worth it.
  79. BruceC.
    Sep 26, 2002
    This game is by far the best game i've played in a long time. Its challenging and fun i enjoy playin this game for days on end.
  80. JaekR.
    Sep 24, 2002
    It is awesome!!!!!!
  81. VaughnS.
    Sep 21, 2002
    For one thing yes it does tell you Mat (press triangle) and it does suck that they don't have effects. Overall it is a good game but (like the show) they don't follow the rules of the true game completely. But like I said it is pretty good and deserves a good 8.
  82. M.E.
    Sep 16, 2002
    You have to try this game out. If you like Yu-Gi-Oh you will enjoy all the different cartoon monsters being depicted in card/3-D form. Don't get your hopes up however because this is far from an actual Puzzle/RPG game. Be patient and logical and the fusions will come to you, but do not forget to read the instruction book!!!
  83. NakorTheBlueRider
    Sep 12, 2002
    I would say it's one of the best games out there......just that the top end cards are very close to impossible to get.
  84. V.V.
    Sep 10, 2002
    Great.
  85. NickB.
    Sep 9, 2002
    I think this game rocks the house and i played it for 2 weeks now and i'am about done with the game.
  86. Mat
    Aug 30, 2002
    I think its a good game, but u can only put one card down and u dont get monster effects like man eater bug's, and if u dont know what the card does then ur screwed because they dont tell u the exact thing but i think its still a great game.
  87. ArnoldB.
    Aug 29, 2002
    Ok, this game is THE WIN for you haters out there you are just impatient or shouldn't be playing video games in the first place. Things that could be improved in the next game- =S= Rating should get ya the fat lewt yah the uber cardz, Pegasus should have Seto 3rds cards, and someone should tell me WTF the Code at the end of the game is for/does.If only it was on PS2 and online.
  88. NolanB.
    Aug 29, 2002
    This is such a sweet game!!! I like the graphics, every thing about it!! And I just got the game yesterday!!!
  89. AndyP.
    Aug 18, 2002
    It is wonderful I think the characters are great and I enjoyed the switches in time.
  90. BMc.
    Aug 9, 2002
    Why not? yu-gi-oh! is like my favorite show and i just got the game a few weeks ago. i'm catching on to the strategy, and my friends like it too! so damnit its hella good!
  91. BrianM.
    Aug 9, 2002
    I think this game kicks serious @$$!!
  92. OMG>:(
    Aug 8, 2002
    Well I didn't like the game much at first because it just dealt with remembering and figuring out combos or your dead. But then I remembered the book said to play yourself in free duels and the computer would show you tons of combos to use with your own cards as long as you let him have out one card out and not kill it. The next turn, if he still has that card from before, either Well I didn't like the game much at first because it just dealt with remembering and figuring out combos or your dead. But then I remembered the book said to play yourself in free duels and the computer would show you tons of combos to use with your own cards as long as you let him have out one card out and not kill it. The next turn, if he still has that card from before, either he'll make a new card from a combo, or combo the card thats down and you didn't kill. The combo's are easy to remember if you use them 3-5 times, and you can write them down if your that lazy and complany. THere are also great magic cards you can get that can very much alter the battle. Such as the destroy all enemy monster card, and the -1000 ATT/DFF for enemy monsters. If you liked the tv show, you still will probably love the game, even though its not really like the TV show because the TV show has "New Exciting Rules" at the duel Island which convert the origonal game into more stratigec options. Expand
  93. PuffyK.
    Aug 6, 2002
    If you like anime and see the cartoon, then the PS game turn indirectly into crack-coccaine. I'm hooked on a I-V
  94. Z_LotFezzer
    Aug 4, 2002
    I have info on a few awsome card combos. like twin headed thunder dragon all you need is 1 dragon 1600 attack or over then you combine it with an electric type you can also use a lower lvl dragon by combining it with 2 electric types or 1 metal type then the electric its very helpful when you got a mountain in play.
  95. TJGamefreak
    Aug 2, 2002
    Great! I would give it a 100 but the scale only goes up to 10. I never miss an episode of the t.v. show. I would recomend this game to anybody who likes to watch the cartoon.
  96. A.J.
    Jul 31, 2002
    This game rocks I beat it 1 and can't do it aging i almost got all the cards.
  97. TylarH.
    Jul 31, 2002
    I love this game i just need to beat peaguses.
  98. NickD.
    Jul 30, 2002
    This game is a masterpiece for those smart enough to understand it. You can play for hours on end without getting tired. The magazines suck they play the game for 5 minutes and rate it. You must truly get into this game to enjoy it.
  99. LucasN.
    Jul 24, 2002
    I neeeeeed help to make cards stronger than 2500.
  100. PatL.
    Jul 20, 2002
    This game is nothing like the real card game, missing lots of cards. But it's kinda of fun easy to play lol! Gameplay is same has game boy version except for the card passwords u need starchips and for the monster sacrifice rule(no need to sacrifice in this game).3D battle is pretty cool. Too bad it's not based on the real game with the real rules with all the cards, like in the This game is nothing like the real card game, missing lots of cards. But it's kinda of fun easy to play lol! Gameplay is same has game boy version except for the card passwords u need starchips and for the monster sacrifice rule(no need to sacrifice in this game).3D battle is pretty cool. Too bad it's not based on the real game with the real rules with all the cards, like in the Game Boy Advanced version but what can I say I like Yu-Gi-Oh lol! so I bought it lol! and give it a 10. Expand

1. Modern TCG fans will probably either love it for being simple and different, or hate it for being old and unlike the current game.
  2. Daunting difficulty and narrow appeal...There are teeth of mine I'd pull with a pair of pliers rather than play this card game ever again.
  3. I would ultimately recommend this for either someone who has played the card game before or someone who has a lot of time to go through and write down or memorize the card combos and fusion results, since everything is trial and error.