Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories PlayStation

• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Mar 20, 2002
8.6

1. Jan 23, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I know this sounds weird but i loved this game its **** amazing and i thinck should be played by more. An amazing card gamer. i found it confusing but it was still fun to me Expand
  2. Jul 22, 2015
    Dont listen to what the reviewers are saying back then or now on Youtube. This game is wrongly measured because the fact is with this Game the Yu Gi Oh franchise actually started not with the card game or the anime series but the Japanese Version released in 1999 which later came to the West in 2002 when all the other stuff with Yu Gi Oh on it was allready out.
  3. Mar 12, 2014
    This game can be very difficult and each duel is mainly down to getting the right cards at the start. Plenty of grinding is required, but i found it strangely addicting.
  4. Oct 25, 2013
    Amazing game! Hugely nostalgic for me(my third ps1 game), Yugioh Forbidden Memories remains one of my favorite ps1 games of all time. Amazing sound, gameplay, prize-reward system, campaign, free duels, cards, fusions, and most especially: lasting power. I have played this game for years and restart on one of my memory cards a bunch just to have the challenge and fun start again. Great Game!
  5. Jan 16, 2013
    This game brings back so many memories. I had so much fun with this game; it was a blast. However, the game didn't follow the traditional rules because at the time it was released TCG rules were just being established. Had it been released maybe a year later with those rules in place, I bet it'd be the most Yu-Gi-OH! game ever made. The battles were a litte weird in that you couldn'tThis game brings back so many memories. I had so much fun with this game; it was a blast. However, the game didn't follow the traditional rules because at the time it was released TCG rules were just being established. Had it been released maybe a year later with those rules in place, I bet it'd be the most Yu-Gi-OH! game ever made. The battles were a litte weird in that you couldn't control when Trap cards were activated, A.I. was predictable, the Spoils system made no sense whatsoever and buying cards was pointless because any card of real worth costed a number of Starchips almost impossible to obtain.

If you love Yu-Gi-Oh!, this is a game for you. I'd also say it's a good game to get you into Yu-Gi-Oh! (along with the cartoon show) if you know nothing about it.
  6. BlueEyesUltimateDragon
    Oct 25, 2006
    This game has class. You can expect the unexpected. You'll never know what wil happen next so buy this game now if you had the guts.
  7. JeroenV.
    Jun 6, 2006
    This game is very good. I play it every day and I am trying to get 999,999 starchips. If you have patience and play it very often, it may be possible to get the magic amount in 2 or 3 years. And if you have 3 memorie cards you can get every card. It sure deserves a 10!
  8. JesseK.
    Dec 8, 2005
    this game is really fun ive arety got meter black dragon , dark migion and skull night from the high mage i think i will give the game a 10.
  9. IkhwanK.
    Oct 28, 2005
    Very bad ending but i"m happy to play this games.
  10. MeteorBlackDragon
    Oct 27, 2005
    This game is quite fancy.......very good graphics.... OK, all people might be asking where to get good cards, especially to people who are fighting NiteMare, DarkNite, Seto 3rd, Heishin 2nd, High Mage Kepura, Labyrinth mages, Neku, and his accompany.... Tips.... To get good cards: TRY BATTLING THE LOW MEADOW MAGE he gives good cards such as: Dark Magician (2500/2100)=mercury, mars Skull This game is quite fancy.......very good graphics.... OK, all people might be asking where to get good cards, especially to people who are fighting NiteMare, DarkNite, Seto 3rd, Heishin 2nd, High Mage Kepura, Labyrinth mages, Neku, and his accompany.... Tips.... To get good cards: TRY BATTLING THE LOW MEADOW MAGE he gives good cards such as: Dark Magician (2500/2100)=mercury, mars Skull Knight (2650/2250)=mercury, mars Gaia The Fierce Knight... (2300/2100)=mercury, jupiter and lastly... METEOR BLACK DRAGON (3500/2000)=mars, sun believe me...he give good cards! to get the ultimate equip, battle pegasus for this: the MEGAMORPH (+1000, atk:def), try getting an S, Tech rank. That's all i can give. Thanks! Expand
  11. Paul
    Oct 26, 2005
    Unbeleivable the story line is amazing well worth geting the only downfall to this game is the 3d mode but it is ok for a ps1 game.
  12. AbdallahZ.
    Sep 17, 2005
    It is the best game i ever seen the monsters and the magic cards and the trap card they are coooool !!!!!!
  13. JonathanC.
    Sep 7, 2005
    Really good game but 99999 starchips is too hard can u tell me a cheat to get 99999 starchips plz.
  14. AlecD.
    Sep 5, 2005
    I use to have this game about a year ago I broke it for reasons I don't know of because my playstation broke but the strongest card I had was a skull knight but I think that it is bullcrap that you have to pay 999,999 starchips for a miecily little dark magician I have good cards in real life and I had beat everyone in that game like 500 times and got only skull knight P.S. I was on I use to have this game about a year ago I broke it for reasons I don't know of because my playstation broke but the strongest card I had was a skull knight but I think that it is bullcrap that you have to pay 999,999 starchips for a miecily little dark magician I have good cards in real life and I had beat everyone in that game like 500 times and got only skull knight P.S. I was on the last level but I couldn't beat him oh well. Expand
  15. MartynH.
    Jun 2, 2005
    I have time wiserd + dragon + moutins and a dragon boost i got a 3400 dragon and i beated 10 people and how do u get 999999 starchips if eney one nows tell me plz.
  16. RickW.
    May 3, 2005
    I gave it a 9 because it's nearly impossible to get 999,999 starchips. i only get really good cards when i'm battling the meadow mage (i got 3 meteor black dragons from him :D). not enough to beat seto's ultimate blue eyes though...
  17. EdwardP.
    Apr 4, 2005
    This is one of the best games i ever played, but it is so hard and it's hard to get starchips because i need 9999 for blue eyes white dragon.
  18. NicholasN.
    Nov 26, 2004
    I love the game,if you want to play for ten min. you can. you you don't have to beat dozens of people to get to a save point,but the game has some length to it. I have had the game for a year and have beet it twice with no cheats, and no stars chips, but can some one tell me what the secert codes for at the end?
  19. Logan
    Nov 20, 2004
    This game is very fun. I have a lot of good cards. The only thing i hate about this game is 999,999 starchips.
  20. DalzielB.
    Nov 10, 2004
    This game is really cool.To get twin headed thunder dragon fuse a thunder and a dragon, to get meteor.b dragon beat the meadow mage in the free battle for over a 100 times trust me!!!!!
  21. FrancisG.
    Oct 19, 2004
    The game ROCKS. But it is hard to get 999,999 schips and their is not much strategy at the game.
  22. ClarkK.
    Oct 13, 2004
    Good to play for about an hour a day or2. Is duelest of the roses any good.
  23. GustaveF.
    Oct 9, 2004
    The game is really cool, especially if you play the trading card game also. It is a good variation, faster, more combat and less effects and the best, NO tributes are required!!! It is indeed hard to get good cards if you do not have much patience (I defeat each adversary in the free duel mode 50 times at least. Trust me, it is kinda boring). Good to play for one hour a day.
  24. TPub
    Sep 21, 2004
    Best One I have seen yet.
  25. SamuelW.
    Sep 21, 2004
    It is really cool.
  26. Yu-Gi-OH!Master
    Sep 4, 2004
    This game is great, lots of paper to print off and arange all the Fusions, but it was worth it. This game can be beat without the 999,999 StarChips Cheat, with the list of fusions.
  27. KingOfGames
    Aug 9, 2004
    Great game!play it all the time!!only drawback is the starchips..they give out to few for what the cards cost!i beat it,but im still confused on Rituals..over all it took bout 2 years to beat it.
  28. KahlilkingofgamesG.
    Aug 2, 2004
    This game rocks baby it rocks.I can give this a 50.I got tons of power ups and twin headed thunder dragons.This game has the best music ever.I got black skull dragon.I will say this again people who this game stupid I dissagree with them.this is the best yu-gi-oh game ever.cheats=Claw reacher+Job change mirror=summoned skull. Typhone#2+Black land fire dragon=red eyes black dragon.Get This game rocks baby it rocks.I can give this a 50.I got tons of power ups and twin headed thunder dragons.This game has the best music ever.I got black skull dragon.I will say this again people who this game stupid I dissagree with them.this is the best yu-gi-oh game ever.cheats=Claw reacher+Job change mirror=summoned skull. Typhone#2+Black land fire dragon=red eyes black dragon.Get Exodia=head:33396948+Right leg=08124921+Left leg=44519536+Left arm=07902349+Right arm=70902349.Crush card=57728570.This game rockzzzzzz. Expand
  29. KahlilG.
    Jul 29, 2004
    I think this is the coolest yu-gi-oh game ever made.I am where the labrinth mage is. I'm about to beat the whole game.Who ever thinks this game is stupid,i disagree with them.I love playing this game.I am going to keep this game forever.
  30. JonS.
    Jul 19, 2004
    This game is ight. If you like dragon cards so much keep fighting Meadow mage I already got a Meteor Dragon,Metal dragon, but i also got a Dark magacian from the desert high mage, if anyone finds a code for infinity starchips that will work cause the one on here dont work at all Tahmi D. so im out peace.

1. Modern TCG fans will probably either love it for being simple and different, or hate it for being old and unlike the current game.
  2. Daunting difficulty and narrow appeal...There are teeth of mine I'd pull with a pair of pliers rather than play this card game ever again.
  3. I would ultimately recommend this for either someone who has played the card game before or someone who has a lot of time to go through and write down or memorize the card combos and fusion results, since everything is trial and error.