• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Mar 20, 2002
8.6

1. Jul 22, 2015
    Dont listen to what the reviewers are saying back then or now on Youtube. This game is wrongly measured because the fact is with this Game the Yu Gi Oh franchise actually started not with the card game or the anime series but the Japanese Version released in 1999 which later came to the West in 2002 when all the other stuff with Yu Gi Oh on it was allready out.
  2. Jan 16, 2013
    This game brings back so many memories. I had so much fun with this game; it was a blast. However, the game didn't follow the traditional rules because at the time it was released TCG rules were just being established. Had it been released maybe a year later with those rules in place, I bet it'd be the most Yu-Gi-OH! game ever made. The battles were a litte weird in that you couldn'tThis game brings back so many memories. I had so much fun with this game; it was a blast. However, the game didn't follow the traditional rules because at the time it was released TCG rules were just being established. Had it been released maybe a year later with those rules in place, I bet it'd be the most Yu-Gi-OH! game ever made. The battles were a litte weird in that you couldn't control when Trap cards were activated, A.I. was predictable, the Spoils system made no sense whatsoever and buying cards was pointless because any card of real worth costed a number of Starchips almost impossible to obtain.

If you love Yu-Gi-Oh!, this is a game for you. I'd also say it's a good game to get you into Yu-Gi-Oh! (along with the cartoon show) if you know nothing about it.
  3. Jan 23, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I know this sounds weird but i loved this game its **** amazing and i thinck should be played by more. An amazing card gamer. i found it confusing but it was still fun to me Expand
  4. JoshH.
    Jul 6, 2002
    I love This Game It Is A Bit Hard But It Rocks!!!!!
  5. TJGamefreak
    Aug 2, 2002
    Great! I would give it a 100 but the scale only goes up to 10. I never miss an episode of the t.v. show. I would recomend this game to anybody who likes to watch the cartoon.
  6. DonaldS.
    May 2, 2003
    I give this game a 10 because it is a challaging card game. It takes care of my spare time when I got nothing to do. It keeps you guessing what your opp. has. so this game rooccckkkk!!!!!
  7. MarinaL.
    Nov 8, 2002
    This game was cool. You would have to be a true yu gi oh fan to enjoy it. If you don't like yu gi oh then you obviously won't like the game. I can't wait until the game on PS2 comes out!
  8. ScottR.
    Oct 2, 2002
    I have had no problems with this game the only problem i had is figuring out all the fusions. Just look them up online and u got fusions other than that i liked the game.
  9. KatS.
    Jul 1, 2002
    Everything perfect, except for the fact you can ONLY play 1 card a turn!
  10. BobH.
    Mar 18, 2003
    I love it though i can't get all the cards!!!!!!!!
  11. CraigM.
    Mar 7, 2003
    This game sooooooooo rocks i've been playing this game for 3 months thats why i gave a 10.
  12. StuartM.
    May 16, 2003
    It is the best game ever.
  13. IkhwanK.
    Oct 28, 2005
    Very bad ending but i"m happy to play this games.
  14. RickW.
    May 3, 2005
    I gave it a 9 because it's nearly impossible to get 999,999 starchips. i only get really good cards when i'm battling the meadow mage (i got 3 meteor black dragons from him :D). not enough to beat seto's ultimate blue eyes though...
  15. AlecD.
    Sep 5, 2005
    I use to have this game about a year ago I broke it for reasons I don't know of because my playstation broke but the strongest card I had was a skull knight but I think that it is bullcrap that you have to pay 999,999 starchips for a miecily little dark magician I have good cards in real life and I had beat everyone in that game like 500 times and got only skull knight P.S. I was on I use to have this game about a year ago I broke it for reasons I don't know of because my playstation broke but the strongest card I had was a skull knight but I think that it is bullcrap that you have to pay 999,999 starchips for a miecily little dark magician I have good cards in real life and I had beat everyone in that game like 500 times and got only skull knight P.S. I was on the last level but I couldn't beat him oh well. Expand
  16. NateV.
    Jun 3, 2002
    It's TITE!!
  17. CassandraL.
    Jul 11, 2002
    I just started playin this game but so far its pretti kool...=( still dont get the fusion thing...
  18. MayaInca
    Jul 17, 2002
    Nerve racking, fustrating,..you want to pitch it!!..then u learn some combos beat a few guys, get into the story... and u cant put it down!! Patience IS a virtue with this game.. and it pays off in spades!!
  19. PatL.
    Jul 20, 2002
    This game is nothing like the real card game, missing lots of cards. But it's kinda of fun easy to play lol! Gameplay is same has game boy version except for the card passwords u need starchips and for the monster sacrifice rule(no need to sacrifice in this game).3D battle is pretty cool. Too bad it's not based on the real game with the real rules with all the cards, like in the This game is nothing like the real card game, missing lots of cards. But it's kinda of fun easy to play lol! Gameplay is same has game boy version except for the card passwords u need starchips and for the monster sacrifice rule(no need to sacrifice in this game).3D battle is pretty cool. Too bad it's not based on the real game with the real rules with all the cards, like in the Game Boy Advanced version but what can I say I like Yu-Gi-Oh lol! so I bought it lol! and give it a 10. Expand
  20. Silverpearl
    Jul 2, 2002
    What do those reviews think they're saying!!! This game rocks!!! (duelling with Pegasus makes me so frutrating! He has all those trap cards...)
  21. A.J.
    Jul 31, 2002
    This game rocks I beat it 1 and can't do it aging i almost got all the cards.
  22. NickD.
    Jul 30, 2002
    This game is a masterpiece for those smart enough to understand it. You can play for hours on end without getting tired. The magazines suck they play the game for 5 minutes and rate it. You must truly get into this game to enjoy it.
  23. TylarH.
    Jul 31, 2002
    I love this game i just need to beat peaguses.
  24. SonglengH.
    Jul 7, 2002
    Love the game. Bad part is that the card combo and riutil get kinda confusing.
  25. VengellaB.
    Jul 9, 2002
    This is the best game I've ever played!! I give it 3 thumbs up!
  26. NolanB.
    Aug 29, 2002
    This is such a sweet game!!! I like the graphics, every thing about it!! And I just got the game yesterday!!!
  27. Mat
    Aug 30, 2002
    I think its a good game, but u can only put one card down and u dont get monster effects like man eater bug's, and if u dont know what the card does then ur screwed because they dont tell u the exact thing but i think its still a great game.
  28. OMG>:(
    Aug 8, 2002
    Well I didn't like the game much at first because it just dealt with remembering and figuring out combos or your dead. But then I remembered the book said to play yourself in free duels and the computer would show you tons of combos to use with your own cards as long as you let him have out one card out and not kill it. The next turn, if he still has that card from before, either Well I didn't like the game much at first because it just dealt with remembering and figuring out combos or your dead. But then I remembered the book said to play yourself in free duels and the computer would show you tons of combos to use with your own cards as long as you let him have out one card out and not kill it. The next turn, if he still has that card from before, either he'll make a new card from a combo, or combo the card thats down and you didn't kill. The combo's are easy to remember if you use them 3-5 times, and you can write them down if your that lazy and complany. THere are also great magic cards you can get that can very much alter the battle. Such as the destroy all enemy monster card, and the -1000 ATT/DFF for enemy monsters. If you liked the tv show, you still will probably love the game, even though its not really like the TV show because the TV show has "New Exciting Rules" at the duel Island which convert the origonal game into more stratigec options. Expand
  29. BrianM.
    Aug 9, 2002
    I think this game kicks serious @$$!!
  30. NickB.
    Sep 9, 2002
    I think this game rocks the house and i played it for 2 weeks now and i'am about done with the game.

1. Modern TCG fans will probably either love it for being simple and different, or hate it for being old and unlike the current game.
  2. Daunting difficulty and narrow appeal...There are teeth of mine I'd pull with a pair of pliers rather than play this card game ever again.
  3. I would ultimately recommend this for either someone who has played the card game before or someone who has a lot of time to go through and write down or memorize the card combos and fusion results, since everything is trial and error.