8.3

1. Apr 17, 2014
    Come on, Namco. Why don't you release this on the PS Store for download. Right now, you can only get a physical copy of this game. Don't be fooled because this is a PSP game, this is almost on par with AC 04, 5 and Zero. You can't be an Ace Combat fan and not own this game. Heck, you can't love flying or planes, but not own this game.
  2. May 8, 2012
    After playing AC games on Playstation 1 I felt in the right place with this game.
  3. Jul 16, 2013
    This is everything you expect from an Ace Combat game, the electronic music, the fast paced action, the occasional side mission, branching paths to take and replay value to earn every unlockable.

Compared to other entries in the franchise this one holds up really wel, especially knowing it's a portable game, the story is perhaps the most meager part, but that is definitely no reason not to play it.
    Controls are tight and while it may feel awkward to control your plane with only 1 analog nub, you will be used to it by the end of the 2nd mission...

One point of negativity tho, the game sometimes has slowdown when there is a lot going on...

If you are a fan of arcade like flight action games, this is the game for you...
  4. Dec 5, 2010
    This was my first Ace Combat game, and not a bad introduction, either. The idea of a flight simulator game has appealed to me for a while, and actually being able to do that, on a portable system, was pretty cool. -- Missions take place over a fairly large area, and they are quite varied. My main qualm is that there aren't enough. My favourite was the straight-up dogfight, and that wasThis was my first Ace Combat game, and not a bad introduction, either. The idea of a flight simulator game has appealed to me for a while, and actually being able to do that, on a portable system, was pretty cool. -- Missions take place over a fairly large area, and they are quite varied. My main qualm is that there aren't enough. My favourite was the straight-up dogfight, and that was only one mission in the entire game. -- The branching missions were pretty cool, so if you choose to fly mission 2A for example, it will cause something different to happen than mission 2B. The end result is basically the same, however, so it seems kind of pointless in the end. -- It took some time to unlock everything, and yes, the final aircraft you get is pretty cool. But after I beat the game, aside from that one dogfight, I never played it again. It's still sitting in my room collecting dust. Not to say it wasn't fun, it just didn't last very long. Expand
  5. Aug 7, 2013
    good game and definitely the best plane/simulator game for the psp....................................................................................
  6. Aug 13, 2010
    It is a great game from the start. Game-play is very good, sounds are excellent and graphics are awesome. But play it again and again and you will just get used.. The levels will be very easy for you and eventually you will be bored.. But this is a great game and i recommend it for all people.

1. Pretty similar to PS2 efforts but X's multi-player side helps elevate it to 'well worth a play' status. [Nov 2006, p.72]
    Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception makes a spectacular landing on the PSP.
  3. From the beautifully modeled and textured aircraft, to the expansive ground below, everything looks incredible for a PSP game. Explosions look natural, cutscenes are well choreographed, and the anime art looks as good as ever.