Archer Maclean's Mercury PSP

6.6

1. SamT.
    Sep 6, 2005
    Original and fun for a bit. got bored after 3 days.
  2. Assimov
    May 20, 2007
    Good game for persons who like fight the chrono and against previous times.
  3. TerryN.
    May 9, 2005
    This is a fun game, but not being able to save until after you've finished a whole level, makes the game repetitive. You have to repeat the same boards to get back to the difficult level, if you put the game away for awhile.
  4. JoeS.
    Jun 9, 2005
    This game is not worth its money at all. this game has no objective causing it to be pointless.
  5. V.V.
    Sep 2, 2005
    Very good and solid (actually liquid hehe) game perfect for the PSP, hard as hell puzzles on even wicker worlds, a challenge for anyone into serious puzzle games. Controls are perfect with the analog stick and the free view/zoom/rotate buttons. Graphics and fx are very good, very elegant. Not a game for everybody but one of the best titles for the launch.
  6. Lokistrike
    May 18, 2005
    This game was mind-numbingly frustrating. THe in-game tutorial was functional enough, but the controls seem far too sensitive for the level of puzzle, and falling off the edges of a board far too likely no matter how good I (thought I) was doing.
  7. jOHNNYbLAZE
    Mar 29, 2005
    I played the demo...it's insanely fun if you ever got any excitement from rolliing around in super monkey ball. I would go so far as to say it's SMB2 on crack.
  8. MikS.
    May 31, 2005
    This game adds something to the PSP launch line-up: Originality!!! It has the dexterity tests of Super Monkey Ball, but with more taxing puzzles and a greater variety of goodies on the mazes. If you complain that a puzzle game is frustrating, then don't buy puzzle games. This gets the mix just right - BUY IT!
  9. MacM.
    Jun 10, 2005
    An addictive game that will keep you coming back. Some levels are extremely challanging, but allow for continuous replay. So with time you'll get through.
  10. AJ.
    May 18, 2005
    I'm sure this would be a great game if I weren't stuck on the last puzzle of the first level. I can't get past it, and without it, I can't get any further, which means I spent $40 for 15 minutes of fun, and many more hours of cursing and aggravation. I know I'm not the greatest gamer around, but I shouldn't be stuck on the first level.
  11. WeirdN.
    Sep 19, 2005
    Wow! An original and mature puzzle game for Sony's shiny new trinket! I think that puzzle games of this type fit handheld gaming really well. The levels in this game are well judged, always taxing but beatable. Many of them make you think 'No Way!' until you crack them after a few practice runs. It makes a nice break from the reaction puzzles of Lumines. A couple of Wow! An original and mature puzzle game for Sony's shiny new trinket! I think that puzzle games of this type fit handheld gaming really well. The levels in this game are well judged, always taxing but beatable. Many of them make you think 'No Way!' until you crack them after a few practice runs. It makes a nice break from the reaction puzzles of Lumines. A couple of blemishes on this game are a lack of auto save (why? surely that takes about 15 miuntes to code and is a feature in every title since whenever!) and long load times meaning that it isn't as pick up and play as it could be. You may find yourself relying on the suspend feature a lot. Also, to get the unlocks is simply impossible. To get all the high scores needs reference to an online guide or a sociopathic addiction to this kind of game. They're uber-hard. If you enjoy original puzzle games you won't be dissapointed with this. Maybe a sequel will iron out the rough spots and give us another great game?! More games of this quality and originality on PSP please! Collapse

1. It doesn’t really have the endless appeal of something like "Lumines," "Puyo Pop" or "Tetris," but the problem solving, logical puzzles and interesting physics make it nonetheless enjoyable.
  2. The unique gameplay and puzzles, as well as the balanced increase in difficulty, makes for an addicting and rewarding experience. There may not be too much replay value in this one, but it’s definitely entertaining enough to give it a shot.
  3. When Mercury is at its best, it's an elegantly simple and addictive action-puzzler. When it's at its worst, it's like a tedious pop quiz from an unpredictable, bad-tempered teacher.