Army of Two: The 40th Day PSP

6.0

1. RobE
    Mar 2, 2010
    good game, those dissing on it (especially the person above me) seem to have missed the point that this game is not the same as it would be on your ps3/xbox360. it has been transformed to be playable on the psp, and very well i might add. although the partner ai can be a drag every now and then, it is easy to get around if you are a good enough player. dont blame the ai if you cant figure good game, those dissing on it (especially the person above me) seem to have missed the point that this game is not the same as it would be on your ps3/xbox360. it has been transformed to be playable on the psp, and very well i might add. although the partner ai can be a drag every now and then, it is easy to get around if you are a good enough player. dont blame the ai if you cant figure this game out, as it is a straightforward tactical shoot em-up worth a play. Expand
  2. JoshF
    Jan 13, 2010
    Great game, very fun to pick up and play. Controls are tight and the action is fast. Love it.
  3. ErnestJ.
    Feb 28, 2010
    A great game, straight foward shootem up with some kind of killznoe with metaslug style, with the story and weapons from army of two 40th day, a must get!
  4. EdD
    Jan 15, 2010
    "Exactly as advertised... a straightforward, shoot-em-up" Correct said Mike N and that is what reviewers dont seem to get. I got it yesterday and it is very fun. It reminds me of Metal Slug and Killzoneso and that makes it a great platformer indeed. Excellent graphics and easy controls. Fast action and story and that is exactly what I am looking for in games.
  5. MityajK
    Jan 14, 2010
    Just very-very good game. Shooter as it must actually be. Nothing more, nothing less - interesting story, nice dialogs (even some variants to answer), many firearms, extra-characters, and, of course, great shooting-part. Must have.
  6. Feb 21, 2011
    I think many people compare this game to the Xbox/PS3 version. It is a psp, it doesnt has the same capabilities as the other consoles mentioned, but it's portable, and has this awesome game. In my opinion, this games captures everything that made Army of Two: the 40th day a different shooter. From the Aggro to the weapon customisation. It is a very easy game to pick up and play. If you askI think many people compare this game to the Xbox/PS3 version. It is a psp, it doesnt has the same capabilities as the other consoles mentioned, but it's portable, and has this awesome game. In my opinion, this games captures everything that made Army of Two: the 40th day a different shooter. From the Aggro to the weapon customisation. It is a very easy game to pick up and play. If you ask me, it is a good game to buy, if you dont want to carry around a PS3 or an Xbox 360 in a trip, or want to play at your break in school/work. I have played both versions. But if you don't travel a lot, have one big console and don't mind traveling with it (if you go somewhere), buy the other version. Expand

#11 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2010
#33 Most Shared PSP Game of 2010

Lackluster action sequences, brain-dead AI and limited gameplay features really cripple the port of Army of Two: The 40th day on the PSP. While the game does feature morality moments, good dialogue and a variety of environments to fight through, the action is so basic and repetitive that the fun is completely missing.
    I was initially excited about the prospect of a top-down shooter to play on the go, but my excitement quickly turned to disappointment and frustration. EA tries to stuff too many peripheral gameplay components into The 40th Day, which loses focus of the point of the shoot-em-up genre. Coupled with the extremely poor AI, there just really isn't much to recommend about this game.
  3. Completely useless A.I. makes playing this game by yourself absolutely infuriating, but if you can find a friend to play with, it at least becomes playable. Then it is simply just boring and repetitive.